Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #16  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
petiteandcute - I posted the BBQ recipe in the recipe 2 thread. It's just a start.. but I'm hoping to perfect it even better.

Welp, I'm officially on my 5th day. I'm doing pretty good minus headaches and freaking out about bright neon yellow toxic waste colored urine last nite. LOL I don't even remember seeing something that color come out of me, but I guess that's a good thing and it's probably just my body screaming "I'm free! I'm free!" of toxins. lol
:
That lovely neon yellow is also a sign of your being in ketosis! Congratulations and keep up the good work.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

OK, can I be on a plateau this early in the ball game. Day 21 for me and I weigh in tomorrow a.m. officially. Have not been off plan for 3 weeks except for a little nibble of extra protein hear and there. Been doing some gym but not anymore or less than before I started. I do about 2/3 days of 1 hour cardio per week and did some light weights yesterday. My scale has not budged this week and as of this am I might be 1 lb higher than weigh in last week. I know with every diet your first week is mainly water weight but the second week I dropped about the same. I am not close to my target weight so that shouldn't be an issue. Just puzzled.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #18  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
p
I know you guys call constipation the Big C... but what about diarrhea? Perhaps the Sea of D? LOL I've been dealing with that this evening. Maybe it's just all the salad giving my insides a late spring cleaning, who knows. But it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem. It could be from the large amount of water I've been drinking too.
OMG....too funny! My bestie had the "Sea of D".....I haven't experienced it.....but, I had to laugh at you!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #19  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone

Went for my WI and down 4.8 pounds only down an inch in the waist but I feel thinner! Yahoo!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Good morning!
I hope to get into the office to start the program today. I got clearance from my endicronologist to start but not to take any supplements. Are supplements a big part of the program
?
I am in the middle ( i hope) of being treated for thyroid cancer.

I will take the supplement info to him for my next appt.

Thanks and keep up the great work !!!!
So sorry to hear about your cancer. Yes, the supplements are a big part of the diet. I would not do the diet without them. Have you talked to your coach about your cancer? They are probably instructed in what to do in your situation. Good luck and God bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning all!

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the supplements for a better price. I'm trying to cut down my costs and I thought I could do that by getting them a little cheaper. Also, I was wondering where to get the unflavored, no carb protein powder.

Thank you for any help. Have a great day today all of you losers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I would also like this information. Thanks for asking!
Check out this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ht=supplements

My protein powder has 1 carb for 25 grams of protein. I buy NOW whey protein isolate in natural unflavored from www.netrition.com.

Last edited by BevS; 09-21-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #21  
sheila

MarionM: I thought that neon color was all the vitamins?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #22  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I miss not seeing the progress photo thread. I know it was moved somewhere. I used to look at that everyday. Why did we hide it?
go look here ...they have separated all of us I guess

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...oto-album-202/

Last edited by deinekatze; 09-21-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
MarionM: I thought that neon color was all the vitamins?
My coach told me it was a sign of ketosis and since my urine is brightest in the morning (when I've been burning fat all night) which would be 14 hours after I've taken vitamins and lighter during the day (because I eat) when I am taking the vitamins that would make sense. Some vitamins do change the color of your urine, but IP's don't seem to. Also, if the vitamins are going to cause a color change it would be much sooner than 5 days. I saw the changes about day 4 when I started showing ketones in my urine.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #24  
sheila

I do have a question? Do any of your coaches have their scales on carpet? She has hers on a plastic board but anything i have ever heard says when you weight is should be on a hard surface so there is no flex. My scales and hers are even more off since she got a new scale. She said some of the older people were wobbly well there is too much flex i don't like it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

Morning all! Last night for supper I tried one of the recipes I found on this site....Cajon Shrimp....and it was Delicious! I was worried at first that 7oz of shrimp plus veggies would be enough but it was perfect! Some nights I feel over full with everything that we need to eat but last night it felt just right. I think I'm going to try to eat more seafood from now on!

I do have a question on some of the differnt proteins that I've read about? Has anyone talked to their coaches about these and are they for sure ok to eat instead of the ideal protein brand specific?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Quote:
petiteandcute - I posted the BBQ recipe in the recipe 2 thread. It's just a start.. but I'm hoping to perfect it even better.

Welp, I'm officially on my 5th day. I'm doing pretty good minus headaches and freaking out about bright neon yellow toxic waste colored urine last nite. LOL I don't even remember seeing something that color come out of me, but I guess that's a good thing and it's probably just my body screaming "I'm free! I'm free!" of toxins. lol

I'm finding that I'm preferring less of the "sweeter" based IP packets and just jones'n for the herb and cheese omelet, which I only have one packet to get me through till Friday. I guess I kinda had a slip yesterday as I ate the Hearty Stew IP packet on my first week. But I planned it that way too, as I knew I wouldn't have enough regular packets to get me through till the end of the week. So it was either have a restricted packet or skip a meal... I think I chose the better option.

When I fist started I thought the choc. drink mix was super sweet but now it is not so much just wonderful. I love it as hot choc. every morning but I add more water to everything or it still is too sweet. I put 12 ounces in my choc. drink mix. and 7 ounces in my pudding then more like a shake. Our coach to us at start to add more water if too sweet. We can go trade in packets during the week if we need to switch to other ones. Good job on not skipping a meal. Are you getting in all your veggies? That can affect weight loss too!

I've been walking a bit this week which is a big improvement. I'm not sure if its the walking or the IP or a combination of both, but it feels as though my arms are starting to feel like the fat is breaking down and getting looser feeling... if that makes sense. I also noticed some slight definition on the back of my thighs today... I was like "whoa.. under all this flab, I actually have a leg!" LOL

I've been sticking to the standard 3 packets a day... but feeling kind of hungry right now.. but I think I'll just drink some more water and tough it out until breakfast. I think partially, I really just don't want to have to drink another IP drink today. LOL I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of the drinks for the most part, or the puddings too much.

I know you guys call constipation the Big C... but what about diarrhea? Perhaps the Sea of D? LOL I've been dealing with that this evening. Maybe it's just all the salad giving my insides a late spring cleaning, who knows. But it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem. It could be from the large amount of water I've been drinking too.

The Big "C" and love the term Sea of "D" I started out with the C week one then moved to D, then about week 4 back to C. Finally started taking Novalax, now I have figured out it kinda depends on what veggie I eat. Celery always the Sea of "D". Many days of z squash and big "C".

Ok, with all that being said.. I'm sorry I've went on forever... but I hope everyone has a great day, are big losers (lol)... and enjoy being healthier!
Headache - Sea salt, if I get a headache just eat some sea salt. Amazing results!! Urine color - Could have something to do with how much water you are drinking? Or what kind of veggies you are eating too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
OK, can I be on a plateau this early in the ball game. Day 21 for me and I weigh in tomorrow a.m. officially. Have not been off plan for 3 weeks except for a little nibble of extra protein hear and there. Been doing some gym but not anymore or less than before I started. I do about 2/3 days of 1 hour cardio per week and did some light weights yesterday. My scale has not budged this week and as of this am I might be 1 lb higher than weigh in last week. I know with every diet your first week is mainly water weight but the second week I dropped about the same. I am not close to my target weight so that shouldn't be an issue. Just puzzled.
We are not supposed to do cardio only fat burn and could hurt your weight loss as you are building muscle not burning fat! Could also make you hungry. I had a 8 lb. loss the first week then like 2, and it has been 2 except for one week of 4. 2 pounds a week is pretty normal I think. It can get hard sometimes but is so worth it. Just remember how much better you feel now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
My coach told me it was a sign of ketosis and since my urine is brightest in the morning (when I've been burning fat all night) which would be 14 hours after I've taken vitamins and lighter during the day (because I eat) when I am taking the vitamins that would make sense. Some vitamins do change the color of your urine, but IP's don't seem to. Also, if the vitamins are going to cause a color change it would be much sooner than 5 days. I saw the changes about day 4 when I started showing ketones in my urine.
Are you drinking tons of water? Could also be the veggies you are eating, they can change up the color and smell.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #27  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

I have the WF chocolate syrup because it sounded good so I threw it in the grocery cart ... but what can I eat with it?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #28  

I don't know how I managed to screw up that reply but I did. Hope who ever reads it can understand. lol sorry
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I have the WF chocolate syrup because it sounded good so I threw it in the grocery cart ... but what can I eat with it?
You can put in lots of things, when reading through the posts you can get great ideas. I put the WF Choc. dip in with the choc. pudding with a little ice into my magic bullet turns into creamy almost ice cream. I love it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Good morning and Happy Tuesday.. I am new to posting but I have spent alot of time reading on this site.. always on the sidelines but never in the game so I am dipping my toe so to speak.. I have been on IP since July and have found it to be an amazing diet.. I have tried them all out there with varying results but never with one that is so easy and with quick.. the hardest part for me is staying strict. I will have a few good weeks and then bam I just seem to fall off.. Is this normal.. I started with an attainable goal for me as I know that if I had put the real loss needed I would be overwhelmed.. once passing that my coach insisted I put another goal. Her goal number for me and mine were not agreeable so we met in the middle.. do others have difficulty with their coaches.. anyway I am 5 from that and yesterday after my WI she started with me needing to reassess my goal.. seriously I am feeling awesome, looking great ( according to others LOL - I still look in the mirror and see the before me) and am wondering how to approach this.. any ideas?? anyway thank you to everyone who posts on here because you have no idea how much help you are to those of us who struggle to reach out...
Closed Thread