Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 9/21/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Monday's chat, or cat, as of 10:12 pm EDT

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #2  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Wink Whew! What a day...

petiteandcute - I posted the BBQ recipe in the recipe 2 thread. It's just a start.. but I'm hoping to perfect it even better.

Welp, I'm officially on my 5th day. I'm doing pretty good minus headaches and freaking out about bright neon yellow toxic waste colored urine last nite. LOL I don't even remember seeing something that color come out of me, but I guess that's a good thing and it's probably just my body screaming "I'm free! I'm free!" of toxins. lol

I'm finding that I'm preferring less of the "sweeter" based IP packets and just jones'n for the herb and cheese omelet, which I only have one packet to get me through till Friday. I guess I kinda had a slip yesterday as I ate the Hearty Stew IP packet on my first week. But I planned it that way too, as I knew I wouldn't have enough regular packets to get me through till the end of the week. So it was either have a restricted packet or skip a meal... I think I chose the better option.

I've been walking a bit this week which is a big improvement. I'm not sure if its the walking or the IP or a combination of both, but it feels as though my arms are starting to feel like the fat is breaking down and getting looser feeling... if that makes sense. I also noticed some slight definition on the back of my thighs today... I was like "whoa.. under all this flab, I actually have a leg!" LOL

I've been sticking to the standard 3 packets a day... but feeling kind of hungry right now.. but I think I'll just drink some more water and tough it out until breakfast. I think partially, I really just don't want to have to drink another IP drink today. LOL I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of the drinks for the most part, or the puddings too much.

I know you guys call constipation the Big C... but what about diarrhea? Perhaps the Sea of D? LOL I've been dealing with that this evening. Maybe it's just all the salad giving my insides a late spring cleaning, who knows. But it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem. It could be from the large amount of water I've been drinking too.

Ok, with all that being said.. I'm sorry I've went on forever... but I hope everyone has a great day, are big losers (lol)... and enjoy being healthier!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning!
I hope to get into the office to start the program today. I got clearance from my endicronologist to start but not to take any supplements. Are supplements a big part of the program
?
I am in the middle ( i hope) of being treated for thyroid cancer.

I will take the supplement info to him for my next appt.

Thanks and keep up the great work !!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Flax may be a good choice in later phases. I'm not so sure about in Phase 1. Seeds and nuts contains a fair proportion of carbs and fats to protein and are probably not included in Phase 1 for that reason. For constipation, it might make more sense ketogenically to have additional olive oil (or coconut oil, if your clinic/coach allows it).

If you're into semi-wonky nutritional debates, there's the whole Omega 6 - Omega 3 ratio issue.
Do you really think it could effect ketosis? 1 tsp has 1g carb and 1g fiber so i figured it was a wash. I will see if I notice a difference in how i feel and my wi..thanks for the heads up..off for my a.m. walk

Last edited by dodomommy; 09-21-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the supplements for a better price. I'm trying to cut down my costs and I thought I could do that by getting them a little cheaper. Also, I was wondering where to get the unflavored, no carb protein powder.

Thank you for any help. Have a great day today all of you losers!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm going for my WI this evening. I'm praying for the best and I will let everyone know how I do later.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning all!

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the supplements for a better price. I'm trying to cut down my costs and I thought I could do that by getting them a little cheaper. Also, I was wondering where to get the unflavored, no carb protein powder.

Thank you for any help. Have a great day today all of you losers!
I would also like this information. Thanks for asking!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Do you really think it could effect ketosis? 1 tsp has 1g carb and 1g fiber so i figured it was a wash. I will see if I notice a difference in how i feel and my wi..thanks for the heads up..off for my a.m. walk
I haven't tried flax seed and can't say whether it has affected me. It may be perfectly fine for everyone or for only some people. When you vary from the program as designed, it really is an "at your own risk" experiment.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I miss not seeing the progress photo thread. I know it was moved somewhere. I used to look at that everyday. Why did we hide it?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #10  

Default Progress photos moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I miss not seeing the progress photo thread. I know it was moved somewhere. I used to look at that everyday. Why did we hide it?
The moderators of the board requested that we post our progress photos in the main forum, not in our subforum. If you look in the Success Stories > Mini-Goals area off the main forum, you'll find that many threads including those fro current and former posters in the IP subforum
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Lindora sale 30% off

Anyone addicted to the IP bars might want to check this out. I recently purchased the Caramel Nut bars which are identical to the IP ones. I also bought the Caramel delight bar.

If there is anyone else out there that uses the Lindora bars or other products, please post your favorites here. I am looking for some new ideas.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #12  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

I have been lurking for the past few days! Too busy really to post. Survived the weekend with no cheats! Yeah for me. My darling daughter and I did some shopping on Saturday and hit Red Robin for dinner. I managed to successfully stay on IP. Even avoided the pizza the hubby ordered during the eagles game.

Just placed an order with Lindora, they have 30% off today. It is helping me supplement the expense of IP!

Week 5 WI in is Wednesday night!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #13  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, I wanted to go back to the drink packets again ; like crystal light, powerade ect. if they don't contain any of the no no artificial sweeteners but include "sucralose" in the ingredients is that ok?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Apparently Bulk Barn has soy nuts that are the same as the IP soy nuts that you buy in bulk.. around $6 a kg... They are plain but I guess Kernels has a 0 carb popcorn seasoning that can go on them.. I'm going to look into this further! The nutritional info on them is higher, but it's for a 100g serving, where IP is 30g serving so when I divided everything, it worked out, and WAY cheaper!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-21-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Started IP Boot Camp yesterday, WOW by 8:00pm I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Woke up this morning with the worst migraine I have had in a long time. I have not felt like this since I first started IP. On a happier note I am down two pounds since yesterday !!!
Closed Thread