Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Hi I am new to the forum, but not new to diets..the usual ups and downs that we have all been through.

Last week at work I saw a gal drinking this drink and asked her about it and she told me about IP. I was intrigued..and intrigued at her 22lb weight loss in 5 weeks.

So I went home did my internet research and typed in everything I could to find out about IP. I typed in "hoax", "dangers of" all the things that would bring up reasons I should not do this. I found nothing that really scared me. So I went and paid and joined and start tomorrow. Feeling pretty good about my decision.

My husband is on board (which he usually isn't for things that cost, but knows I need to lose weight and that this is my choice and is supporting me)

Anyway..while I was signing up a gal who rents space in the same place I was going saw me and asked what I was doing and told her and she said "Shall I yell at you now or later" I politely said..later please.

Tonight I was talking to my sister who know the lady I saw today and tore a strip off me about the dangers of this diet (she is only going on here say) and that it is a rip off the coaches don't know anything and on and on she went.

I was hoping to keep this thing quiet and private just for me. Now my sisters know ( I have 5 ) and my mom knows and they are all judging it even before I start.

I still feel that IP is the best choice for me. That maybe my coach may not know everything, but I have a responsibility to look into it myself and not rely on my coach for all my info. I just wasn't expecting to feel so frustrated before I opened my first pack of food.

Kinda ticked at the gal..who ran off and blabbed to my sister. I think she should have been more professional about it..No I wasn't there to see her, but her professionalism should have extended to the waiting room as well.

So that is my first post. I hope it is okay to vent the first day. I really want this to work and want to be surrounded by positive people.

Thanks
Cie

Starting weight 186.6
Height 5'3"
Don't know my goal weight yet.

I know people will try to say what "they believe" is in your best interest. ONLY YOU know what that is. If you believe this is the right approach and, I assure you it is, just stick to it!

When I started I had to tell my BF, "NOT A WORD! For the next 8 weeks, you may observe and make notes, but not one word. After that, we can talk and you can tell me what you noticed and what you think of what I chose." It was hard for him but, at the end of 8 weeks and 32 pounds lost, he was quite happy to continue being quite. During that 8 weeks I saw my general practitioner twice and had my blood tested to ensure that I had NO unwanted side effects. Not only did I not have any side effects, my results improved!!

Trust yourself. You know what you need and this is a safe plan. Just do it as written. Don't cheat. Don't make excuses. Stay on the plan and get all the health benefits it brings.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article301

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/237/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile

I am only 4 weeks in, so am a newbie as well. I first want to congratulate you on taking a step at getting healthier!! I too have tried many, many things. I had seen IP as an option and was skeptical. My doctor recommended IP to me as I am insulin resistant. She and her husband went on it together and lost 55 pounds between the two of them in 6 weeks. To be honest with you, her pushing was the only reason I did it. It was also the only reason my husband supported it, the doctor said to do it!

The first 3 days were the worst for me. I realize now how much my diet consisted of sugar and cards. For the first 3 days that is all I wanted. But, miraculously, by day 4 the cravings were gone. I even went to a wings fest where I normally would have consumed lots of beer and wings and I wasn't hungry for them. Don't get me wrong, it is hard because I WANT them, but I am not hungry or craving carbs! Keep it up and we can all do this together!
sdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #18  
Dave - The Speedo King

I think that just about anyone who starts IP encounters some naysayers, skeptics, and a few of the same mean people who laugh and mock at you whether you're fat or whether you're trying to change. My advice: IGNORE THEM. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

But...If you have to have that discussion, tell them that you're making an informed decision, that it's your decision, and that it's none of their business. I like to add a few expletives to those statements, but I'll refrain since we're all friends here.

I've lost 110 lbs. on IP. I've averaged 22 lbs. per month. I feel better than I've felt in years. And when I reach my goal I'll be in the best shape of my life and equipped with the tools and knowledge to stay that way. Even if IP is expensive, even if some of the coaches are out there, even if your friends and family don't like it, you can't put a price tag on the importance of the results and the genuine sense of accomplishment that comes from sticking to IP and successfully losing the weight.

Besides, most of the skeptics will come around. And you'll find that you're surrounded by people who are as astounded by your results as you are. I just came from a meeting with our division president. Everytime he sees me (which is about every 6 weeks), he's amazed at the change. And he's not the only one. Hang in there, because you're doing this for you.

And, of course, remember my mantra: The skeptics and naysayers can kiss my steadily shrinking backside!
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #19  

Height: 5'10"

First of all, welcome to the forum. And everyone is right, you are going to find very supportive people here.

So today was your first day and I'm hoping that things went well for you. I am really sorry to hear that you ran into such an ignorant comment right out of the gate. That certainly would put a question into anyone's mind on the first day. However, you stuck with your decision and I can assure you that you will be very happy with that decision.

I too wondered about this diet (as I think everyone has when they first heard about this). I think when people first hear "high protein" they automatically think of when Atkins first came out and there were those who consumed a lot of high fat proteins. This is totally different!

Don't worry about what everyone else is saying that doesn't understand the protocol itself. You have many people to talk to here and this diet has been very successful for them. I think it will only be a matter of time and you're going to start hearing a lot more about IP in mainstream media.

Keep your chin up!

Last edited by Kristiv88; 09-16-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Kristiv88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #20  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

I also commend you for joining and reaching out for support. For several weeks I just read posts and learned as much as I could. Now, my husband and I have both been on IP for 8 weeks. When we started our family was also very skeptical, but eventually as everyone has said in their posts, they all came around and your's will too - probably much earlier than you think as you start to see your weight drop! Be strong and brave! This is for you, your health, and your future.
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote