Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up How do you celebrate your losses?

So, my bestie and I were sitting around a few nights ago discussing how much I had lost in my first week, and how much she would be down at her first WI. She suggested that at 20# we allow ourselves a beer....I scoffed because she only needs to lose 20#, and I....20,000,00000000000! Lol. I suggested we keep it away from food rewards. We settled on a spa trip for the both of us!

Today, as I was reviewing my food choices, I decided that I needed to celebrate more often than at 20#. So I ordered myself a nice perfume! Lol! I decided that for every 5 I lose, I get a mini reward. So maybe my first reward was worth 10#, but hey, big life change here!!!!!

So, please share, what do you do to celebrate YOUR losses????
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #2  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

haha I periodically go to VS for a celebration after I see the scale go down or when I see my abs becoming more defined. I love Lingere
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #3  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

This is something that I've been thinking about myself.
Honestly I can't think of good rewards for small goals. I work in kg - and I have 26 kg to loose. It is taking a long time to loose even 1 kg - so I think I need to reward myself for every kg.
I remember as a child a sticker was enough reward. What would work now?

I think 26 perfumes is a bit excessive.
and I don't think I can afford that many trips to the day spa.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I haven't had a loss in a while. But since I'm on my last twenty lbs, I've broken it up into 5lb victories. For each loss I've listed a non-food item I've really been drooling over. I'm a total geek, so I'm really looking forward to buying the Back to the Future Trilogy, the Hunger Games (added irony, there, too!), and a bunch of other dvds and books.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

There are lots of great ways to celebrate losses. A few are:

Doing something you like but just don't take time for.

Maybe having your nails manicured instead of doing them yourself.

Getting a professional pedicure.

Buying a new "special" coffee or tea

a "girls" night - can be in or out

movie night or matinee .. just skip the popcorn

a new gadget for your kitchen or home

a fun activity... example I went to the groupon website and signed up for a half price at a rock climbing gym. it was 25.00 for 2 people or 2 visits

a local event that happens for free... we have a new open air jazz festival starting, some people may have movies in the park to choose from
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #6  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

I'm determined that any of my rewards will support my weight loss journey. That means that rewards will be things like buying a new exercise video, or a new walking outfit. That type of thing.

It just so happens that my timeline for losing all my weight falls at the same time as my 24th wedding anniversary, in Feb 2012. So my ultimate reward is going to be a trip with my hubby that incorporates dance lessons!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

My plan for when I got under 250 was to have a really nice pedicure done which I still hope to do, but I'm delaying a bit because I'm still wearing a boot cast and not sure anyone else will feel comfortable touching my foot even though it is mostly healed.

We also have a big ballroom even coming up on October 3rd and I'm waiting until the week before to go buy a new dress that will actually fit!

Another reward is going to my favorite restaurant for lunch which is a Mongolian BBQ. I can stay completely on plan and have the treat of eating out.

I'm thinking my reward for making the 20 pounds by Halloween is going to be a massage. It sounds good now, but I'll try to be patient.

Other than that, most of my rewards are getting clothes along the way that actually fit. I've lost 50+ pounds now and things just aren't fitting like they used to. I wear belts now!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

I set my only reward for a 30lb loss and it's a Coach purse. I've always wanted one and it was huge motivation to keep with it.

My ultimate reward is wearing a bikini on the beach on my honeymoon in December. I went ahead and bought 2 over the weekend on sale and have one hanging above my scale and one on the refrigerator.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I was thinking the same thing..I "only" have 33 lbs to lose and I am down 13 so far but that got me to the 150 mark. Once I start seeing 140's, I wanted to give myself a reward. It is a bit extravagent for only 14 lbs but I am hoping my husband is going to buy me an e-reader!
When I meet my goal of 130, I will definitely do something special but not sure what it is.
I think it is now a good idea to celebrate each 5 lbs loss so I think I'll go for a pedicure after the next 5 lbs!
kea66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Last weekend I had a friend in town and felt like we both needed some pampering! She's a single mom with a beautiful young son but the father has pretty much decided to not participate in their family. So to celebrate her and to celebrate me I treated us both to a manicure. I have never had one and I must say I would willingly do it again.

No matter what you do to celebrate and to some very important points it can get costly it's important to celebrate you regularly. Next time maybe have a few friends over and everyone needs to bring a "just because" card. On either the inside of the card or on the outside of the envelope surround the card with words that describe the other person. I did this for a friend for her birthday. The envelope was covered with words that I thought described her, like beautiful, strong, intelligent, kind and she cried when she read the envelope. You will quickly see how people view you and your friendship.

Celebrate you!
Cinders35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
I was thinking the same thing..I "only" have 33 lbs to lose and I am down 13 so far but that got me to the 150 mark. Once I start seeing 140's, I wanted to give myself a reward. It is a bit extravagent for only 14 lbs but I am hoping my husband is going to buy me an e-reader!
When I meet my goal of 130, I will definitely do something special but not sure what it is.
I think it is now a good idea to celebrate each 5 lbs loss so I think I'll go for a pedicure after the next 5 lbs!
I have an e-reader and i love love love it!!! go for it
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #12  
Dave - The Speedo King

I go speedo shopping. And talk to goats...

(And you're all thinking, isn't this guy ever serious? The answer is, yes. And by yes I mean no.)

Actually, I post new little chefs in my signature. And I brag to my friends and family.

Last edited by salesgod; 09-09-2010 at 03:31 PM.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #13  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I love pedicures! I went and got one when I started and plan to get one every 20 lbs. When I hit my goal I wanna go somewhere tropical so I can sit on the beach and not be self conscious about the size of my swimsuit!
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I reward myself with shoes. I love shoes!! When I lose 5 pounds I go out and buy a pair. Last time I bought a pair of red Guess pumps that look gorgeous. They remind me of where I am going, they keep me focused and darn, they are sexy!!!! The best part is, I can wear them no matter what my weight is and they always fit..

PS - Wyoangel - I love perfume too, its so sensual and so personal, just like each of us on our journey.
AuzzieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

As of right now the attention I'm getting from people is enough of a reward. I kind of do whatever I want most of the time anyway...usually on a whim...if I'm bored and have no plans on a saturday I might just head to chicago for a night...so with that kind of being a normal thing for me it hard to just reward myself with something special for mini goals. I have however bought some "half way there" clothes because some of my close were getting so baggy it was rediculous...I'm not a gangsta..so I can't pull of that look...lol

When I started this I set a BIG goal for myself so I decided to give myself a BIG reward when i reached my goal weight. I figure while on IP I'm spending around $400 a month on food and vitamins...plus food for my kid and what not. So when I get done I can justify the expense of buying myself a new Harley as a reward.

So I guess my point is that I have a big enough reward at the end of this to waiting for me that I am highly motivated to get it done!
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote