Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #61  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hey everyone, I asked last week about the number of calories/fat/carbs/protein we are supposed to have each day. If any of you replied thank you but I haven't been able to log back on since then and can't find the post anymore. So could you please answer again? I'm mostly concerned about my fat intake... I realized this weekend that I would not eat nearly so much if there wasn't food at EVERY social outing. AHH that's so frustrating!! Also, I use Crystal Light several times a day... do you think this will significantly decrease my weight loss?? Thanks for all your help
I'm not sure anyone answered you because, in truth, there isn't an answer, at least one that's spelled out in any of the IP literature. So maybe several people will answer with what is a typical day's amount? I'll go first.

Protein 90-100 gr; lipids 7-12; carbs 21-24; sugar 7-8; fiber 6-11.
I never have restricted IP foods. And why not give the Crystal Light a bye for about a week to see if it affects your results?

Last edited by Linden; 09-13-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I don't know whether or not this will help but: I drank 114 oz of water yesterday, about 10-16 more than I usually do, and I lost a pound overnight! Weird, scary, totally inconsistent, and probably not repeatable. But I LOVE it.
I try to drink around 100 oz of H2O every day, but some days it's more, some days it's less... since I never step on the scales, I can't say I've had the same experience as you, Linden, but I really believe drinking enough water is essential to flushing out all sorts of stuff, including fatty acids & toxins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Rachel,

I didn't see that anyone had answered you question about drink mixes -- even those with 0 calories, 0 carbs and 0 fat. I read on here that the artificial sweetner aspartame (i know that's not spelled correctly) can influence your weight loss negatively on this plan.

My coach said it was best if I didn't use them, but if I did, to do so only occassionaly and to use only enough to give the water a hint of flavor.

I have found that for me, using the drink mixes does slow down the weight loss. So I will only use one when I'm feeling really deprived and just need to have "something."

Hope that helps!
I had to same experience with aspartame-sweetened drinks... I fell in love with a peach-flavored carbonated water & only read the ingredients after I'd polished off a couple of 6-packs... I had been wondering why my pants were feeling tighter again... as soon as I quit them, the inches started falling off again...

hugs
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Love This Site

Hi IPers,
I love this site!! The support and encouragement found here is incredible. I on day 10 of the IP program. I am working out the kinks and getting the hang of things. Although, I am not sure if I am ketosis or not. I have lost 6.6 lbs the first week. I am no longer feel I am starving maniac. When I get hungry, it is close to meal time. Looking forward to continued success.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I go to see the doctor today that told me last April that I had to lose weight. I can't wait to see what he thinks about the 80 pounds lost. It makes me happy and I am excited to let him know.
I hope you get a "Job well done" Rosemary. If not know that there are lots of people here and in your life who know of and applaud your INCREDIBLE achievement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Well all, on a "lighter" note ... I weighed in this morning for the Halloween challenge and was down to 296, that's 9 pounds lost this week and 19 pounds total lost in the last 2 weeks! I am just amazed at how well IP works. I'm sure I'll slow down here on the weight-loss, but as a larger person I'm hoping I don't slow down to much! I've been a little grumpy, mainly I think from just adjusting to not having the foods I want to still (the pouty child in me).
MotherDuckMJ, granted I have less to lose, but in a way, I'm a larger person. My weight has averaged about 4 lbs per week with a few blips and drops. I think that if you have no underlying health conditions and you stay away from the carbohydrates, you will continue to drop the pounds at a fairly rapid rate.

There probably are some early members/posters of this forum who started with 100+ to lose. Jordanna is one who comes to mind. She wrote the first post in the Progress Photo sticky thread, and lost 77.7 lbs in 5 months. You might find information about how much and how fast she lost on her blog, linked in her signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzlee View Post
My husband is going to be gone for a month and i hope i can kick some butt. I tend to lose my will-power when he is around. I like to cook big meals and deserts. I guess he will have to get skinny too.

My weekend was crazy. My daughter (16) seperated a muscle in her back at a swim meet. and may need surgery. I will find out today. she was a 10th of a second off from qualifying for state and is so so sad. I cant even hug her to make her feel better.
When he's back and you're more confident about the program and your results , can you ask your husband to enjoy his desserts during the day when he's away from the house?

Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury and surgery. That's got to heartbreaking for her, and wrenching for you to see her in pain and so sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
I'm going to join you on this challenge this week and will throw it out to everyone else ! I often fill my jugs so that I know what my minimum is but in the last weeks I've gotten away from that....will do this again this week and up it by one more glass !

Who's in with me and Coastal??? Lets do it !
Cheers (Em's lifts her crystal water glass in a toast to all !)
I'll cheer you on. I usually drink 48 oz of water by 9 am, so getting 64 oz/day isn't my challenge. Mine is the 4 cups of vegetables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well I made it through another crazy weekend! Managed to not cheat while attending the Eagles game! That was a tough one....no Beers!
That is a tough one -- no beer and typical snacks at a sports event! AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
As for how my day 3 is going - I was STARVING at work but am now home on my lunch break eating the Leek soup with a bunch of mushrooms. Mmmmmmmmmmm...
I haven't tried that, thanks for the tip. Mushrooms in mushroom soup, yes but not with the leek or the chicken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and i have no idea how to subscribe to threads. Can someone help?
A little about me...
I started IP on 9/1/2010 with a weight of 222. My goal is 150. So far i'm doing good due to MY determination. ...
I've read probably around 50 pages today on this website and just need to know how to subscribe haha. That would be great.
ChelseaKate! Congratulations on your weight loss to date -- 13 lbs in 13 days is GREAT!

Did you get your "subscribe" question answered? If not, what do you mean by subscribe? Also, for the ticker, the requirement is having made 20 posts and been a member for 20 days. So on your 21st day, the option will appear for you in the Quick Links Menu and the User CP (Control Panel) selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
I was told when I asked this question here= under 40 grams total carbs, 30 g net carbs and under 20g of fat per day Also, my handouts say around 850 calories a day but that can vary a bit.

Protein #'s-I don't know?
Doing a quick back of the envelope arithmetic:
Unrestricted packets protein grams: 15 - 20, 3 of those would be 45 - 60 g of protein
5 oz chicken breast 46 grams
total on Phase 1: 91 - 106 grams of protein (from a USDA site)
There is the whole issue of bio-availability of the protein, but as I said, the counting is on the back of of the envelope.

I was just doing some archive and thread surfing and found an FAQ post of Carla's in which she gets into more detail about protein. The additional detail is about the protein in veggies and in soy beans, if you eat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
OMG! Had my first cheat!!!!!!! I was making my son's PB sandwich and licked the knife!!!! About 1/2 tsp full... is this going to totally put me out of ketosis?????????

Otherwise, my day has been going well until then....
Probably not. Just keep it to the 1/2 tsp and make your next meals on program. You'll be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I don't know whether or not this will help but: I drank 114 oz of water yesterday, about 10-16 more than I usually do, and I lost a pound overnight! Weird, scary, totally inconsistent, and probably not repeatable. But I LOVE it.
Delighted to hear that you're rinsing that fat right out of your ... ?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-13-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #65  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the responses!! I knew that my Crystal Light was too good to be true. It makes drinking the entire 64 oz. so much easier but hey I can live without. I'm in on the 20 lbs. by Halloween because my birthday is Nov. 1st and I had intended on losing 20 by then... so glad we're all in this together!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default To jamiblenner

Oh! My! WOW!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Thanks for the responses!! I knew that my Crystal Light was too good to be true. It makes drinking the entire 64 oz. so much easier but hey I can live without. I'm in on the 20 lbs. by Halloween because my birthday is Nov. 1st and I had intended on losing 20 by then... so glad we're all in this together!
I haven't done this (I actually like water) but it seems to me you could mix Stevia and any one of the Frontier fruit or other flavors with the water and achieve a similar effect. I'm sure there are other brands; I'm just not familiar with them.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #68  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Emma- Yes I could drink more water.. could that slow down the loss??? By not flushing it out?? I am due to poop ( it's been 2 days) sorry too much info,, I did have jeans on too, not lightweight shorts..Chilly this morning..

my 'morning weight' on my scale said 207.5 ( lowest weight ever!!!!!!)

Thank You Journeysend and Motherduckmj for the verbal cyber HUG I needed.. I HATE feeling bad about myself- did that for years!
Water is a big key to any diet. It flushes out the dissolved fat and keeps your organs working in tip top shape. I have aqlways been told that we should drink 1/2 of our body weight in ounces. So I weigh 192 divided by 2= 96 oz. I know that protocol says 64 oz., but I use the formula. My daughter was on the diet and said that she did not lose as well on the weeks that she did not drink the required amount.

I feel sadness regarding the way you were treated at your weigh in. This process is not about shame or blame. We own our new lifestyle and we have chosen to make that change. Professionals do not shame, blame, or ridicule. They encourage, motivate and praise for every little accomplishment and success. This group will do that for you, so your "coach" can weigh you and give you the food. Just tell her that she is not helpful and that you do not benefit from her judgemental view. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #69  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
All the boxes of packets of Crystal Light I've come across are not allowed. However, I've found pre-made bottles (4-packs) of Crystal Light that are made with Splenda, and those are allowed. So, you can go that route if you can find them!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #70  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I found Powerade Zero the other day and asked my coach if it was ok to drink a 32 oz along with an additional 32 oz of water . She said it was fine. I hope she is right. I really like the mixed berry flavor. Anyone else use Powerade Zero?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hello Iowahawkeye -- I am not sure about the powerade either... it would almost seem to good to be true... sigh.... but keep us posted if you find out!
Calebsgrandma -- i am totally going to pu a box of the ready made vanilla tomorrow and I might just try some of the WF stuff... I think I need to spice things up JUST a little!!!! Good night all!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #72  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

After seeing my primary doc last week for bloodwork, I will have my first appointment with my coach on Thursday (and start the program Friday, I imagine). I have been prepping by upping my water intake (I like your daughter's formula, rosemary) and getting rid of 'stuff' not allowed, but mostly by reading pages and pages here. This is where the wisdom is. No matter what kind of person my coach is (a supportive, helpful one or a salesman or someone in between), I have confidence I have what I need right here.

I have a question about over-the-counter pain relievers. Many of you have mentioned getting headaches in the first days of your program. My question is actually two-fold, about stevia and OTC meds. In the past, I have heard that stevia is far better than artificial sweeteners. I used to use a LOT of aspartame, but quit cold-turkey last October. But the stevia I had tried was bitter (drops and packets). Yuck. I couldn't drink whatever I put it in. The last year, I have just used honey and white and turbinado sugar. But I found Trader Joe's 100% natural stevia packet that has 1 gram of carbohydrate from rice maltodextrin and silica. I used it today in a nice herbal tea and it was good - sweetened just enough and no bitter aftertaste! But an hour later, I got a splitting headache. I had to take some advil (ibuprofen) because if I don't medicate a headache, it develops into a migraine. So, my questions are: 1) has anyone else had a reaction to stevia? and, 2) is it okay to medicate a headache with ibuprofen or tylenol?

I know I am late in the day asking this question, so if I don't get an answer, I'll ask again tomorrow . I need to increase my posts anyway to get a cool counter soon!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
I just finished one of the vanilla RTDs. YUM. Now I see what all the fuss was about.
I was about to post the same thing!! I'm from the south therefore I compare sweet things to Blue Bell Ice Cream flavors. Well, my comparison of the Vanilla RTDs are that they taste like melted Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #74  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
[B]

Question: Are there any of you that have lost a lot of weight that can share what happens with the extra skin? I'm wondering how that will work out for me.
MDMJ - There is some conversation about skin under another "questions for the experts." Carla posted a response. I am not sure how to do a link so here is what she posted.

Carla: "I've lost just in the 90 pound window so far with about 30 to 35 left to go. I will first mention some key areas I have seen change. I have lost 8 inches off my arms and 9 inches off each thigh. I have lost 16 inches off my waist and 14inches off my hips. I have also lost 3 inches off my neck. I have dropped 8 inches off my chest. NONE of these areas are saggy. It is one of the things I get the most surprised comments about, "you lost how much?? NO way! It doesn't show, your skin is tight. Do you have any lose/saggy areas??" NOPE. And, it keeps tightening. Granted, genetics may have something to do with it for each of us but, given as over weight as I was, I sure expected more and am delighted not to have it."
Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #75  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I was about to post the same thing!! I'm from the south therefore I compare sweet things to Blue Bell Ice Cream flavors. Well, my comparison of the Vanilla RTDs are that they taste like melted Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream.

be still my heart! I am a proud Aggie and remember fondly eating Blue Bell ice cream from those happy cows in Brenham, Texas.
Can't wait to try the RTD!
Closed Thread