Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #31  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

LizzLee: Ahhhh I am going to have to try that, I also heard Just dance is a heck of a workout too. I love the wii.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

On the topic of water intake - every other weight loss plan I"ve been on has always emphasized water intake, and when in doubt or on a plateau, up the water so if that's the one common denominator amongst the different weight loss ideas, hey - they must be onto something!

As for how my day 3 is going - I was STARVING at work but am now home on my lunch break eating the Leek soup with a bunch of mushrooms. Mmmmmmmmmmm...
Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Also, if that's your lowest weight ever, all I can say is God bless your mom!
Bwaahaahaa! Thanks for my laugh for the day! Actually, my skinny little mother was a 14-pound newborn. God bless my grandma. I'm sure it had to have been gestational diabetes.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
On the topic of water intake - every other weight loss plan I"ve been on has always emphasized water intake, and when in doubt or on a plateau, up the water so if that's the one common denominator amongst the different weight loss ideas, hey - they must be onto something!

As for how my day 3 is going - I was STARVING at work but am now home on my lunch break eating the Leek soup with a bunch of mushrooms. Mmmmmmmmmmm...
Just make sure to have enough sea salt and/or Potassium to keep the electrolyte balance.

Glad your doing ok ! Make sure you have an extra snack these first few days. They can be a lifesaver until you reach fat burning mode and the hunger subsides.

Take care
Em Jay
Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I go to see the doctor today that told me last April that I had to lose weight. I can't wait to see what he thinks about the 80 pounds lost. It makes me happy and I am excited to let him know.
Let us know what his response is! That's an impressive loss!!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and i have no idea how to subscribe to threads. Can someone help?
A little about me...
I'm 22 years old from Louisiana. I graduated college in May and started a full time job only 2 days after college graduation. Since i moved away from home in January of 2007, i gained about 75 pounds but managed to graduate college in less than 4 years and jumped straight into my career. I have been fortunate with that, but now that i have a schedule that allows me to eat well instead of whatever i can eat in a short amout of time between class, work and homework i'm set on losing it all!
I started IP on 9/1/2010 with a weight of 222. My goal is 150. So far i'm doing good due to MY determination. My IP "Coaches" or whatever you want to call the people i buy the product from are not very helpful at all. I'm in desperate need for support and it seems i can find it here.
I've read probably around 50 pages today on this website and just need to know how to subscribe haha. That would be great.
Also, i read somewhere a person posted that she wanted to accelerate weight loss and opted to replace one of the higher-carb options the 1xaday things like bars with the drink or the options you have 2xs a day. is that a good thing? i realllly need to get moving! Today i weigh 209. Steady losing a pound a day
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is ************* if anyone would like to email so we could talk i'd apreciate that as well until i get use to this site.
XOXO
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chelsea, I removed your email. It's not a good idea to post it as this is a public forum. You don't want to be getting nasties!
To subscribe to a thread, you go to the top of the thread and click on Thread Tools. Then on Subscribe.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #38  

Thanks Ruth! Any advice on the rest of my post?
By the way how do i get one of those jazzy little couters everyone has? I love them
Old 09-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Thanks Ruth! Any advice on the rest of my post?
By the way how do i get one of those jazzy little couters everyone has? I love them
Chelsea-Go to the very first post in this thread from member "I'm Svelting", she has some links on how to get a counter and some other important info. Sorry I don't know how to subscribe to threads - but definately go the first post and you will get lots of good info for starting out.

Last edited by elle12; 09-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #40  

Thanks Elle! I have to hit 20 posts before i can get one but i'm sure i'll get there quick, i love reading all of the motivation here!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #41  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, I asked last week about the number of calories/fat/carbs/protein we are supposed to have each day. If any of you replied thank you but I haven't been able to log back on since then and can't find the post anymore. So could you please answer again? I'm mostly concerned about my fat intake... I realized this weekend that I would not eat nearly so much if there wasn't food at EVERY social outing. AHH that's so frustrating!! Also, I use Crystal Light several times a day... do you think this will significantly decrease my weight loss?? Thanks for all your help
Old 09-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Congrats on the HUGE loss.. Please tell me when did you start on IP to have dropped 80 pounds..?? I am in awe of you!!!!!!

Had my weigh in this morning down 1 pound.. "coach" is NOT happy with me said I'm losing TOO slow.. I have been dropping consistantly since I started. After she told me at least 5 times that she was not happy with me( I was glad there were no other clients in the place at the time) I tried to tell her I do lose weight very slowly no matter WHAT diet I am on, but this time the inches are melting off!!! Because my 'rolls' are shifting, I had no inches lost, yet am in New jeans smaller size!!
I was feeling good about myself when I walked in, and left feeling embarrassed + ashamed.
I wasn't even gonna share this with you all cause I know it's petty, but if I say anything to my hubby ( he's off today) he will get mad and I don't wanna hear him yell. He knows how hard I am trying.

I reread Dr Tien's book online and he mentioned that a strict version of the diet is 4-5 packets per day and 4 cups non restricted veggies. I think I'm gonna try that for a week..
Coastal - I had quite a strong reaction to your coach's response to you ... had to take a while to think about it before saying anything.

First of all, it sounds like the coach is more concerned about her statistics than your overall progress. I love the IP program, but the sales side will always want everyone to lose 4+ pounds a week, and not all coaches will understand how individual we all are. Luckily you seem to have some understanding of your own body, which is what it really comes down to in the end.

Secondly, you have to pay attention to the trend. Even if the loss is small, it's still trending in the right direction. I had one WI where my loss was less than a pound, and the coach was saying "what's going on?" Well, in that case I had a 1 p.m. appointment and had had two meals and 6 glasses of water, and I knew my base weight was lower. (ever hear the saying a pint's a pound the world around? 6 glasses of water, unexpelled, is 3 pounds.)

Thirdly, this program is about you and FOR you. We are all doing this in the middle of real life, not at a spa. Part of our test is to persevere no matter what kind of feedback we get. If we start to feel upset or rebellious (that was my schtick) then it becomes about the coach, and we lose sight of the real goal. It's the big picture, not the annoyances and challenges we have to overcome to achieve this very important goal. Most important goals have many obstacles along the path.

Fourth, shame on the coach, not on you!!! Sounds like you are, in fact, succeeding!

Hang in there, fellow New Englander!
Crystal
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and i have no idea how to subscribe to threads. Can someone help?
A little about me...
I'm 22 years old from Louisiana. I graduated college in May and started a full time job only 2 days after college graduation. Since i moved away from home in January of 2007, i gained about 75 pounds but managed to graduate college in less than 4 years and jumped straight into my career. I have been fortunate with that, but now that i have a schedule that allows me to eat well instead of whatever i can eat in a short amout of time between class, work and homework i'm set on losing it all!
I started IP on 9/1/2010 with a weight of 222. My goal is 150. So far i'm doing good due to MY determination. My IP "Coaches" or whatever you want to call the people i buy the product from are not very helpful at all. I'm in desperate need for support and it seems i can find it here.
I've read probably around 50 pages today on this website and just need to know how to subscribe haha. That would be great.
Also, i read somewhere a person posted that she wanted to accelerate weight loss and opted to replace one of the higher-carb options the 1xaday things like bars with the drink or the options you have 2xs a day. is that a good thing? i realllly need to get moving! Today i weigh 209. Steady losing a pound a day
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is ************* if anyone would like to email so we could talk i'd apreciate that as well until i get use to this site.
XOXO
ChelseaKate!.. it sounds like you're well on your way to success, in your life & with IP...

The Daily Chats last only a day & a half, then they're locked, so you might not find it useful to subscribe to those threads... any of the others that strike your fancy might be worth subscribing to... of course, it's your decision... just glad to have you here...

hugs
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #44  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Is it my imagination or is this new http://thebodydiary.com/bodydiarydieter/ ?
I found it when I went to the IP website to look around a little. I don't see a way to register and it looks like it is new because it's version 1.0. Anyone know anything?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #45  

Thanks a bunch for the welcome Aunt Sheshie. I really find all the support here helps and look forward to being very active here each day to find the inspiration i need. I definately am not getting it from my IP providers.
Closed Thread