Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 11 & 12 Sept 2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #2  

Default Late yesterday and then some

Overnight - Friday after 10 pm EDT
  • JKF added herself to the list of those interested in info on the NoviCleanse product
  • Novak and marypeter shared Skinny Minny status and talked Northern VA locales
  • wyoangel went a "little bit rogue" with dinner but is back on track for TODAY!
  • kju and Linden cooked up some rutabaga info
  • JessicaCourez reported on a business golf event and asked whether veggies checked in luggage would survive the flight
  • and Linden's advice on checking food as baggage is that it would probably be ok. She's checked one of the most temperature sensitive foods, chocolate, and it survived a long trip with many transfers.

If you asked a question that didn't get answered, please -- pretty please -- don't take it personally. Just check the end of the thread to see if it was answered. If there's no answer, feel free to post again today!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

[QUOTE=I'm svelting!;3475978]Overnight - [URL="http://www.

Hi, not really replying to a quote, just wanted to thank you for reminding me that I have to know where I started to to get where I want to be....as Dr. Phil says, you gotta own it to change it (or something close to that) so I'm owning the fact that I am still obese but taking charge and doing something about it. Years of yo-yo dieting messes with your head so I have to work on that part of me also. Sigh I'm a work in progress for sure....thanks again..the people here are as always very supportive.

Marilyn
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Hi, not really replying to a quote, just wanted to thank you for reminding me that I have to know where I started to to get where I want to be....as Dr. Phil says, you gotta own it to change it (or something close to that) so I'm owning the fact that I am still obese but taking charge and doing something about it. Years of yo-yo dieting messes with your head so I have to work on that part of me also. Sigh I'm a work in progress for sure....thanks again..the people here are as always very supportive.
Marilyn, It's good news that you're a work in progress -- we all are! The alternative: we're worm food.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #5  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

hi Pumkyparry!

I agree with you about "owning it". For me it is also about not making excuses anymore. For many years I found excuses for my weight and almost was convinced that I really had no control over it. I delt with low thyroid and other medical conditions which probably contributed to my weight gain but didn't want to really take "ownership" for what I was feeding my body.
I had to accept being a carbaholic and was so happy to find out about this wonderful diet plan that has finally been able to help me resist carbs. I can't even describe how nice it is to not feel compelled to consume the foods that caused my obesity in the first place.
The rapid weight loss and relief from the carb cravings is a big part of the reason that this plan is successful for me.

Last edited by CheeseCake4me; 09-11-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Novak,

We probably use the same IP clinic (you past tense): Dr. W. in Herndon. If you are at his "How to Keep It Off" seminar next Saturday, I'd love to give you a hug of thanks from everyone on this forum for all of your support!

Mary
Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #7  

Good morning all !

My plans for the weekend include a little work (IP related) and taking in The Switch with a friend. The movie looks pretty good and well frankly I deserve the treat. I am planning on sneaking in at least one of either the Chocolate Mixed drink or the BBQ chips to enjoy during the matinee too.

Also, I am very close to being ready to share my real name and before and current photos.......I will be completely ready when Dave poses for us in a Speedo.....so lets encourage him

Have a great weekend everyone - wishing you all success !!
Cheers
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
Just had to retreat to my computer. My husband is eating pizza in bed...which is where I was watching TV. Smelled so good I took my tea and got out of dodge. He needs to gain weight (wonder what that would be like) so I didn't say anything to discourage him from eating it there. Thank God for this place.
Retreating to the computer was good plan......darn pizza! I had a similar problem on Thursday night. Sitting at the table at bowling - the son of one of my teammates was standing behind me with a big container of warm nachos. Yikes! The smell was too much for me - not because I craved them, but because they smelled so "greasy" - ugh! I had to get up and visit some other friends on another lane for awhile. I survived the night by bringing along a bar to snack on and drinking a pitcher of water.

I was hoping to get a walk in today, but it's chilly and rainy this morning. I guess I'm forced to clean the house.

Have a great weekend, all! Stay on plan and reap the rewards!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I have not been around in a few days..I was feeling a little down, as as the weight was not coming off as fast now as it did the first 3 weeks.. however, I have picked myself back up, dusted me off and am feeling positive again!!!!

I bought the keytostix yesterday and did it this morning with first morning bathroom break and it says high level?? I am hoping the stix will keep me positive that I am still burning fat.. I know there have been many discussions on the stix, but I thought... its worth a try!!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.. and congrats on all success and NSV's!

Take care,
Candace
Old 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
hi Pumkyparry!

I had to accept being a carbaholic and was so happy to find out about this wonderful diet plan that has finally been able to help me resist carbs. I can't even describe how nice it is to not feel compelled to consume the foods that caused my obesity in the first place.
The rapid weight loss and relief from the carb cravings is a big part of the reason that this plan is successful for me.
For me also....I could never understand how anyone could eat one bagel....I absolutely had to go back for more....and, yes, who could ever imagine losing weight without carbs and NOT cravings them... I want to shout it from the housetops!!!

Marilyn
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #11  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah -it's the weekend!
Drinking my Mango drink - not enjoying it so much - does anyone else end up with little curd like things on the top even after lots of stirring and shaking?
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as I was always a breakfast girl and a drink or pudding for breakfast is not my thing...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #12  

I was thinking today of Jordana while I was in the kitchen choppiing veggies and getting my lettuce chopped and in a lock and lock for later....she was soooo helpful when I was a Newbie....her hints of what to do with the IP packets were great....last night for snack I had her vanilla pudding/coffee/SF DaVinci syrup heated drink...it was awesome and comforting. If anyone speaks with her please wish her well with her pregnancy and let her know she is really missed here.

Marilyn
Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Marilyn, It's good news that you're a work in progress -- we all are! The alternative: we're worm food.
Yikes, those worms are going to get a LOT less to eat!!!! lol
Old 09-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Yeah -it's the weekend!
Drinking my Mango drink - not enjoying it so much - does anyone else end up with little curd like things on the top even after lots of stirring and shaking?
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as I was always a breakfast girl and a drink or pudding for breakfast is not my thing...
Have you tried a blender, or the Bullet? Some of the packets are somewhat harder to mix but as you go along your tastes will change and you will get favorites that you really look forward to...my friend who did this program told me that...I didnt believe it, but it's true....try to think of that as only a small part of your day...hope it helps. I have 2 60 ft mango trees in my backyard and peeled, chopped and froze mango's in July till my freezers are full....waiting for the time when I can have fruit again.

Marilyn
Old 09-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Does anyone know how many grams of fat a day should we stay under ? And calories, and protein and carbs?
Closed Thread