Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #151  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Noticing alot of extracts in these recipes. I was wondering about the alcohol. Is that a concern or not because of the small amounts?
lindac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #152  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Noticing alot of extracts in these recipes. I was wondering about the alcohol. Is that a concern or not because of the small amounts?
I don't let it concern me, there is a small amount and you don't eat it EVERY time...you would be fine of course if you can find some with none it would be better but you would be ok to use
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #153  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

bump
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #154  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I made this for lunch today and will have it more often

Mashed Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese sauce

1 cup leftover mashed cauliflower
1 cup steamed broccoli (really cooked kind of mushy)
mix broccoli and cheese soup for a thick sauce about 1/2 cup boiling water ( I used hot water and wisked it)

put broccoli and Cauliflower in a bowl, put broccoli and cheese soup over top and microwave for about 2 minutes.

It just about tastes like real cheese cauliflower.
So good! Thanks for this thread. It has really helped me stay on track.
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #155  

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to make some of the packets I have accumulated (and absolutely cannot stomach) taste better. I hate that I have wasted all this money on packages that have been sitting in my cupboard for months simply because I cannot handle the taste. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Butterscotch and Strawberry Pudding
-Wildberry Yogurt drink
-Blueberry-cran granata drink

Thanks so much!!
Courty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courty14 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to make some of the packets I have accumulated (and absolutely cannot stomach) taste better. I hate that I have wasted all this money on packages that have been sitting in my cupboard for months simply because I cannot handle the taste. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Wildberry Yogurt drink

Thanks so much!!
Oh the Butterscotch pudding is sooooo good made into a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie! Take 8 oz water, add 1 pkt splenda, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and the butterscotch pudding packet. Shake and serve in a frosty mug with ice and a straw! YUM! Really does taste like pumpkin pie! And if you want it thicker like a milkshake, use less water. Very good! The first time I made it I used 1/2 tsp spice and would have like it a wee bit more spicy. Next time I used 3/4 tsp spice and it was too much spice. Next time I'm going for a heaped 1/2 tsp. But adjust to your taste! Very good!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #157  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

-Wildberry Yogurt drink

Thanks so much!!

I've been using alternatives, but I imagine it would work w/the IP puddings. I used this recipe from FinnSteven's Facebook page, but instead I used strawberry pudding, omitted all the seasonings except allspice (I think?) and used almond extract as the flavoring. They were pretty decent! I'll make them again, I'm sure.
panda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #158  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:

-Wildberry Yogurt drink

Thanks so much!!
butterscotch pudding blend with coffee and sprinkle with cinnamon - like a carmel frap!
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #159  

Thanks so much! I will definitely be trying all of these out!
Courty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Butterscotch and chai or other spice tea, heated. Him

The strawberry blended with ice tastes like a strawberry shake. It also makes very nice mousse.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #161  

Default Rhubarb Crisp

Look what I made tonight!! I used 1.5 cups frozen chopped rhubarb, some splenda sprinkled on top of the rhubarb (depends how tart you like it). Mix 1 tsp. becel marg with one package of Oatmeal (I use alternatives so currently have the plain HealthSmart brand from Nashua). I added some cinnamon to the oatmeal. Blend marg with oatmeal and top rhubarb with crumble. I baked at 425 for 20 mins or so until bubbly. Here are some pictures! YUMMY!!! The picture on the left is before it went into the oven and the picture on the right is the finished crisp!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rhubarb crisp (IP).jpg (45.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Rhubarb crisp (IP) cooked.jpg (37.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Look what I made tonight!! I used 1.5 cups frozen chopped rhubarb, some splenda sprinkled on top of the rhubarb (depends how tart you like it). Mix 1 tsp. becel marg with one package of Oatmeal (I use alternatives so currently have the plain HealthSmart brand from Nashua). I added some cinnamon to the oatmeal. Blend marg with oatmeal and top rhubarb with crumble. I baked at 425 for 20 mins or so until bubbly. Here are some pictures! YUMMY!!! The picture on the left is before it went into the oven and the picture on the right is the finished crisp!!
That looks really good - though I think your oatmeal is a little more "oatmeal-y" than mine (I use Proti-diet). One question - what is becel marg?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
That looks really good - though I think your oatmeal is a little more "oatmeal-y" than mine (I use Proti-diet). One question - what is becel marg?
The oatmeal I have right now is the HealthSmart brand from Nashua - 5 carbs and very good. I have the ProtiDiet on order so hopefully it's good too! Becel margarine?? Don't have it in the US? I use 1 tsp of it to "mash" the oatmeal packet in....its a nonhydrogenated, healthier margarine.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
The oatmeal I have right now is the HealthSmart brand from Nashua - 5 carbs and very good. I have the ProtiDiet on order so hopefully it's good too! Becel margarine?? Don't have it in the US? I use 1 tsp of it to "mash" the oatmeal packet in....its a nonhydrogenated, healthier margarine.
No, I don't think we have the Becel margarine, but I'm going to try it today w/1 tsp of coconut oil and see how it goes. Thanks for the recipe!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #165  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Crispy cereal muffins?

Good morning fellow IP'ers. I am eating my firtst crispy cereal pancake as I type using the recipe I found on this wonderful website. I am wondering if anybody has a recipe for a muffin using the cereal? I know there are recipes using other restricted items, but I am looking for something non-restricted. Any help would be appreciated!
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote