Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

You're on Page 8 of 21
Go to
  • I recently bought vanilla flavored Splenda packets, instant coffee single-serve packets, True Lemon and chocolate and hazelnut flavored syrups... These have made a HUGE difference for me with puddings and drinks. Yesterday, I had a milk choc pudding with a coffee packet (might just do half next time) and the choc syrup. Then I left it in the frig for awhile. It really tasted like a yummy cappuccino mousse!! The trick is to keep whisking while you slowly pour the powder into the liquids in a bowl.
  • My 2 cents worth
    Hey y'all. I have taken to making all the drinks with ice cubes in the shaker, chills them nicely considering the heat we have. The blueberry pudding has become my fav by making it into a shake -- a whole different animal! I like the soups and am not crazy about the "so-called" chili. However I doctored the chili up by breaking up a lean ground beef patty in it while it is heating up. Then it really tastes like chili. The chocolate pudding is good with coffee and ice, otherwise just too sweet. The vinegar/salt ridges are WICKED good!!!

• Faux German Chocolate Cake
    Cake

One packet of the IP Chocolate pancake
    mix in the water as directed if you were making a muffin (see back of packet)
    Add a splash of coconut extract
    Spay a remakin with olive oil or cooking spray(small oven safe ceramic dish)
    cook in the microwave for 30-50 seconds
    It will be souffle like and will expand

Frosting

Add a dash or 3 of vanilla RTD to the walden farm caramel sauce (enough to frost your cake), add a bit of coconut extract -- mix well

Pour/spoon the frosting on your cake

Sprinkle with some unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)

It is like eating a German Chocolate lava cake....delicious (it feels like a big ol cheat)
  • bump
  • I have tried the peach drink and jelly together, and it wasn't real sucessful, but I think there might be something wrong with my drink mix as it has been coming out lumpy even just for the drinks. I love this thread and if anyone experiements please add to it. Thanks.
  • ok..so i took one blueberry pancake mix packet and added an egg white and a tiny bit of baking powder and a dash of vanilla and cinnamon along with water...and nuked it in the microwave attempting to get a muffin..and i ended up with a rubbery deflated pancake instead...

The good news: the egg white combined with the pancake mix..made me feel fuller then just the pancake mix as a pancake itself..

The bad news: it didnt turn out as a muffin..it turned out as a rubbery deflated blueberry pancake..

Guess im gonna have to stick to making it like a pancake.

Any other thoughts?
  • Quote: The bad news: it didnt turn out as a muffin..it turned out as a rubbery deflated blueberry pancake..

Any other thoughts?

What are you cooking it in? I use a muffing tin... maybe you just need to use something smaller in circumfrence so that it has no room to spread out? But only up like a muffin? Just thinking out loud here??? LOL!
  • Bump for ChynaKC.
  • Quote: ok..so i took one blueberry pancake mix packet and added an egg white and a tiny bit of baking powder and a dash of vanilla and cinnamon along with water...and nuked it in the microwave attempting to get a muffin..and i ended up with a rubbery deflated pancake instead...

The good news: the egg white combined with the pancake mix..made me feel fuller then just the pancake mix as a pancake itself..

The bad news: it didnt turn out as a muffin..it turned out as a rubbery deflated blueberry pancake..

Any other thoughts?
    Yes have read before that the Alternative packets might not work the same way as the IP packets. different components etc... you will just have to experiment until you get it the way you like it.
  • Just a question, isn't adding egg whites and others adding to your intake? Will thus slow down weight loss?

On another note does anyone actually like the wf pb?
  • Bumping for the newbies. One of my favorite threads!! Read for great ideas.
  • Posted this on another recipe thread then realized it should go here instead:

I make the IP cereal "pancakes" many mornings. This morning I switched out the vanilla extract and used banana extract, then instead of water I used the WF strawberry syrup. I didn't even put syrup on them, just ate them plain with my fingers.....YUM!!!

Guess I need to ask my coach if I can even use "banana" extract...tho I can't imagine why not...as it is just flavoring??
  • I love this thread. Pretty much every day since I've started I've gone a bought a new flavor extract. Today I am going to get baking powder and maybe some walden farms syrups.
  • krista, an eggwhite's calories are 17, carbs are .25 and 3.6 grams protein. So adding an eggwhite wont hurt you.

also, my trick with the orange/chocolate drink is to mix with almond milk and ice and blend (lowfat kind is one carb and 35 cal for one serving)

it was my coach's suggestion and if you are eating low enough in your carbs, one serving (with only one extra carb) wont hurt you - and it makes you feel like you are having a milkshake!
  • Vanilla Pudding
    So I finally tried it. I added MIO Frut Punch to Vanilla Pudding

1 Vanilla Pudding packet
    2 squirts of MIO
    Put in a dish and froze it.

It was like eating a fruit gelato.. I found it very good.

Tonight, Tigar ice cream using vanilla pudding packet