Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
... Problem is I am feeling so emotional today for some reason, low energy horrible food cravings. Again it's totally not hunger related this is emotional food cravings which has always been my down fall. I am such a food addict!

Can others relate to this? Can you tell me what you do to get yourself through it? I was actually crying on my husbands shoulder this morning about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to! Argh, will this fat lady ever get free from this?

I have still stayed true to program but yesterday and today have been all about food obsession and I hate this feeling!
Hi, MJ, I think a lot of us can relate. Lack of carbs made me grumpy and emotional. To get me through the cravings, I would come up with something that sounded good but still on the program--like a bar no more than once a day, sweet pickles sweetened with Splenda (Mt. Olive brand), or a "cake" made with a packet and topped with Walden Farms caramel sauce. You can also reward yourself with non-food items like mani/pedicures, new clothes, or a massage. The weight loss alone and the smaller clothing sizes did a good job of keeping me motivated as well. Keep telling yourself that this is temporary. In a few months or so, you can have your favorite carbs again. I was only on the program for 4 1/2 months before reaching goal, but I think Salesgod Dave lost over 100 pounds in the same amount of time. If you have a lot to lose, some people have cycled off by going through all the phases, then going back to Phase 1 after a break. If that's what it takes, whatever works. But you haven't been on the program long enough to go there yet, I don't think. The main thing to remember is you can do this.

Regarding probiotics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Thanks. That's on my list for the drug store tomorrow....along with stronger nasal decongestant, kleenex with lotion in them (because my poor little nose is rubbed raw), and some magazines to keep me company. My fiance is keeping his distance, understandably. I wouldn't want this if I had the choice.
Remember not to take the antibiotics and probiotics at the same time of day. Keep at least a couple of hours' distance between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygettings View Post
Does anyone know how many grams of fat a day should we stay under ? And calories, and protein and carbs?
Well, in Phase 3 we're allowed no more than 15 grams of fat per day. In Phases 1 and 2, we should have as little as possible except for our fish oil and required olive and/or grape seed oil. Daily grams of protein should be about half of our body weight. E.g., if you weigh 200, about 100 grams of protein per day. Carbs should be less than 40 total or 30 net. Calories don't matter so much, but if you're following the program, you're probably getting about 750-850 daily.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Weekend is here and I'm feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Yeah -it's the weekend!
Drinking my Mango drink - not enjoying it so much - does anyone else end up with little curd like things on the top even after lots of stirring and shaking?
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as I was always a breakfast girl and a drink or pudding for breakfast is not my thing...
Kju, I can relate, I've always enjoyed a large breakfast as well. I like the omelet packets, crispy cereal, or pancakes as they make me feel like I'm having more of a real breakfast then the drinks. I also always make a cup of hot green tea to go with. That has pretty much taken the edge off for me.

I think the omelet pack is my favorite as I add mush. and green peppers, cooking them a bit first in olive oil and then adding the omelet mix, it makes a nice big omelet and it's tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, MJ, I think a lot of us can relate. Lack of carbs made me grumpy and emotional. To get me through the cravings, I would come up with something that sounded good but still on the program--like a bar no more than once a day, sweet pickles sweetened with Splenda (Mt. Olive brand), or a "cake" made with a packet and topped with Walden Farms caramel sauce. You can also reward yourself with non-food items like mani/pedicures, new clothes, or a massage. The weight loss alone and the smaller clothing sizes did a good job of keeping me motivated as well. Keep telling yourself that this is temporary. In a few months or so, you can have your favorite carbs again. I was only on the program for 4 1/2 months before reaching goal, but I think Salesgod Dave lost over 100 pounds in the same amount of time. If you have a lot to lose, some people have cycled off by going through all the phases, then going back to Phase 1 after a break. If that's what it takes, whatever works. But you haven't been on the program long enough to go there yet, I don't think. The main thing to remember is you can do this.
Thanks Bev, I haven't tried making a cake yet with the mix, I'll have to look that up in the recipe section. I think I was just in a feeling sorry for myself mode the last couple of days over my birthday and getting older which drove me to crave the carbs I've always used for comfort.

I know that part of making this weight-loss a permanent change is going to be changing my thought patterns and learning to view life in a new way. I feel so much better today. Going to get out and enjoy life. It is sunny and promises to be 70ish today so have to enjoy this whether while we have it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I was thinking today of Jordana while I was in the kitchen choppiing veggies and getting my lettuce chopped and in a lock and lock for later....she was soooo helpful when I was a Newbie....her hints of what to do with the IP packets were great....last night for snack I had her vanilla pudding/coffee/SF DaVinci syrup heated drink...it was awesome and comforting. If anyone speaks with her please wish her well with her pregnancy and let her know she is really missed here.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

I completely agree! Jordanna started a few weeks after I did and was such a great presence on this board!! I miss her so much.

Ther nice thing, Jordanna is still in contact, occasionally, with us many of us on facebook. She is doing great. A week ago she posted pictures of her ultrasound and the little baby.

I shared your wishes for her on her Facebook page. If you are on facebook, you should look her up to say hi.

Carla
Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yeah -it's the weekend!
Drinking my Mango drink - not enjoying it so much - does anyone else end up with little curd like things on the top even after lots of stirring and shaking?
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as I was always a breakfast girl and a drink or pudding for breakfast is not my thing...
kju - I feel your pain. I am a breakfast person too. So how about I had to attend a BREAKFAST orientation with my daughter this morning. There was a breakfast buffet with all my favorites - bacon, sausage, eggs, homefries, bagels - the whole gamut. I am very proud of myself because I did not have one little bite. While everyone around me was eating, I just drank a cup of coffee. I had a chocolate drink before we left, so that helped a little. Just hand in there and it will all payoff in the end.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank You Bev!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Breakfast lovers: Just look at the Phase 3 sheet and dream about those breakfasts when you get to goal -- more than once its helped me get through something that I wanted to eat or drink. I thought: if I cheat, it'll be that much longer till big breakfasts! It's worked for me.

I'm about 10-12 pounds from goal and am having a dilemma with the clothing situation -- it's getting pretty bad. I have no jackets I can wear, and no warm tops (its already getting cold) and about 3 skirts that look ok. I have really been resisting buying anything until I get to goal because I've seen the difference 10 pounds has made in my clothing up until now. Today I'm going out to see what I can find for cheap, starting with a used clothing store. I don't want to buy much, but am getting close to desperate about it. I have some summer tops that look ok, but as IP makes me cold already, I freeze in them! Shopping trip -- we'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

JC
Old 09-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #22  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Marilyn,

I completely agree! Jordanna started a few weeks after I did and was such a great presence on this board!! I miss her so much.

Ther nice thing, Jordanna is still in contact, occasionally, with us many of us on facebook. She is doing great. A week ago she posted pictures of her ultrasound and the little baby.

I shared your wishes for her on her Facebook page. If you are on facebook, you should look her up to say hi.

Carla
Thanks so much for giving me the update....I'm not on facebook yet. You never forget the people who help you when you start IP..that's one of things that makes this site so awesome...all these great people, brought together by a common thread...I love it.

Marilyn
Old 09-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Yeah -it's the weekend!
Would an omelet with some of your allowed veggies satisfy your breakfast craving? It's filling and to my taste delicious - I just don't compare it to the fresh eggs that we usually use!

The Mango Peach drink is dairy based, that's why you are getting curds. We make it using a couple of ice cubes instead of a shaker, and it deepens the flavor and makes it last a bit longer too.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #24  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys, I'll keep dreaming of my brunches in my head...
My coach said I can't have pancakes til week three and I'm not a big omelette fan so I guess I'm stuck with the drinks and puddings and soups. I do have the cereal but to me it tastes like cardboard, even with flavored Splenda and cinnamon
Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll keep dreaming of my brunches in my head...
My coach said I can't have pancakes til week three and I'm not a big omelette fan so I guess I'm stuck with the drinks and puddings and soups. I do have the cereal but to me it tastes like cardboard, even with flavored Splenda and cinnamon
Will your coach let you have your real food protein at breakfast, then you could have eggs and a small amount of veggies.

Have your dinner with a drink or pudding, salad, and veggies.

It might work long enough to get you to the pancakes or oatmeal phase.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #26  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Great day to take an extra walk. Need to enjoy this weather before winter arrives
Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #27  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Yeah -it's the weekend!
YES-- same with the pink lemonade. However, I don't have the problem with the new (?) orange drink. The "curds" are gross!

YAY: I'm down 40 lbs! Today is the beginning of week 10!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Success at the consignment shop!

A pair of Levi's that look great on me -- for $12! I had to kiss a lot of frogs to find them, but it was worth it.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #29  

Default weird day for me

Today was so strange. At about 3:00 I became so tired and hungry I almost couldn't handle it and for the first time in 6 1/2 weeks, visions of bagels, and twizzlers danced in my head. I prayed for the strength to say no. Eventually i decided to just eat my dinner...so at 4:30 I made a big salad and some chicken with zucchini...it got me through..but it was a little scary. I was just dozing off and dreaming of I.P chocolate pudding...happy to have survived the hunger and hoping tomorrow is not as bizarre
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
Closed Thread