Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #46  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Thank all of you for being here to inspire and encourage! Your open and refreshingly candid comments are the best therapy I could want! I rely on all of you way more than my coach!! For those of you struggling, just keep reading, and for those of you succeeding - keep posting! On any given day - the roles can reverse -- We are all in this together!!
for coming in to post! What you say about being in this together rings very true for me. One of the things I absolutely LOVE about this forum is the let me help you "Do it for yourself" approach or the "Let's do it together approach." I found it so empowering to find a wealth of information and experienced IPrs who'd been in my shoes and who could point me to the "right section of the library."

Edited because: OMG ... how did I miss these two posts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Had my weigh in today and I was down 5 pounds! I think this is the biggest loss since my very first weigh in. BUT that's wasn't the only celebration this week. My total weight loss is now 60 pounds!!!!!!

Yesterday I got together with some friends that I haven't seen in a few months and they were all so shocked to see me. They kept telling me how great I looked and how tiny I was.

At my weigh in today I was telling the Dr how I'm finally starting to feel like the me that I know. What a good feeling! I also have a NSV to report..... Today I am wearing size 14 pants! I was a size 14 before when I weighed 150lbs. Now I'm fitting in a 14 at 180lbs. I love IP!!!!
Go go get'em get'em ooo-aah! Here's your flowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
It's official....I've entered onederland! Had a WI today....198.5 Have lost 22.5 lbs since August 10th. Only lost 3 lbs in the past week, though, in spite of never cheating and measuring everything, but it's okay. I'll take 3 lbs. LOVE THIS DIET!
So sad only 3 lbs ( ) but look where they took you! And not just a smidge over the line but 1.5 pounds into new/old territory.

Great work! The last 5 weeks of sticking to plan have been worth it, no?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
MDMJ--boy can I relate! I think many of us can. What I am finding after 5 weeks is that my food obsessive thinking is getting quieter. As I mentioned on yesterday's chat, my plans for Thanksgiving and my upcoming birthday are shifting, becoming less overblown, less "treat" focused.

Food is an emotion ridden subject for me (first diet at the age of 6), so when it comes to food I tend to plan, so I've been planning my drive and my time away, and I talked about it with my coach today, even though it's 4 weeks away--because I need to feel secure about my food choices when I'm not at home. So I'm planning, but my planning is shifting. I'm actually surprised when I think of what I would want to eat while driving, while celebrating. Now I'm saying to myself, "Do I really want that? Well, gee, not really anymore." My daydreams of donuts, brie on crackers and cake, cake, cake are subsiding. Much to my astonishment!!!!

And now I'm feeling good about how it might shift even further. I'm thinking less about what goodies I can have and more about how I can celebrate while staying on/close to program. This is very weird thinking for me, but I sure hope it continues. So, just know you're not alone in thinking obsessively about food.

But what about dealing with the emotions right NOW? Many people find that journaling about emotions helps to diffuse them. In difficult times when I'm in danger of losing it food-wise, I have a three step process to disperse the emotional content:
Step 1: Acknowledge how and what you're feeling--name the emotion if you can. Are you sad, angry, fearful, ...?
Step 2: Write about what you're feeling, what's going on that caused you to feel that way, and what's going on food-wise, and how you can handle it better now or next time if it's something that's happened that's upset you.
Step 3: "Tap" on it. Use emotional freedom technique (EFT), aka meridian tapping technique(MTT), to help to expel the emotion and let you eat, or not, in peace. This process really works.

There's lot's of info about EFT on the internet. If you'd like, I'd be happy to teach it to you by phone if we can connect. I tried to PM you, but I guess you haven't been on the list long enough yet. I'm not sure what the rules are for personal contact, but if it's okay with the moderators, I could post my web address so you can find my direct contact info there; if not my web address, my business phone number. (Moderators: What is okay??)

Jackie
Jackie, thanks so much for the great input, it helps just to know that others understand. That would be great to have you call me. Not sure what the rules are about posting info? Do you have a Facebook? You could enter my name and then friend me on there. Then we can personal message to exchange phone numbers. Others are welcome to do that to if your on there. If you don't Facebook then what other way is ok? I could post my e-mail address on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I call myself an emotional overeater, and especially at the beginning I had some real tough days getting used to the new regimen. My solution was to overeat using the IP foods - to have a bar, and then if I really needed it, another. I figured that overeating those was way better than going back to the foods that set off cravings. The good part was that usually one bar was so satisfying that it took care of the neediness I was experiencing.

Another tactic my husband and I did (he was on the program to lose about 10 pounds) was buy a large variety of the foods, so that any particular craving - for salt or sweet - could be addressed by one of the IP foods. I know not all coaches allow all foods, but we decided to buy some "ahead" so we'd have a feeling of abundance, since both of us kind of grew up with starvation mentalities.

So far it's worked. Seeing the boxes of food takes care of the mental stuff (just knowing it's there; I don't have to eat it), and the body chemistry has changed so the cravings are gone. Whoever thought I'd be able to kick Starbucks to the door??? Now when ads come on TV for some tempting thing, I tell myself it's yucky and makes me feel sick to see it. Why shouldn't I be in charge of programming my mind instead of letting food manufacturers do it?
Crystal, thanks for thie ideas. I was told originaly that I could have up to 5 packs a day due to how much I weigh, maybe I need to try an extra packet or two when I'm hungry. Right now I'm only allowed 1 restricted a day and I'm worried if I eat 2 restricted (like the bars) then I might go out of ketosis and I so don't want to do that. Does anyone have any experience around that?

Also I'm back from the fair already, it is so small here that it's hardly worth going to, but the kids like it. We live in a small town so all their friends go hang out there to. I saw many goats and chickens there today and they send their best to ya all, fortunately no ferrets were present. In fact my coach was there in a booth and she even went back to the office for me so I could trade out some of my packets for more chocolate choices to ease my cravings, what a sweety!

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-11-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removed full name
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #48  

Quote:
Greetings All,

Hope everyone's having a good, good day. Good news on official WI today--down another 7.6 lbs in two weeks since last WI! Official weight 322.4. Have lost 24.6 lbs in 5 weeks 2 days! Yay, yay, yay! And no headache today--Yay again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Hi IPers,
I am in day 7 of the program. Had a great 1st week 6.6 lbs lost., but I am still hungry. Sometimes I feel so famished I could eat a "ferret" When will I get to the point where I won't feel hungry? I am not sure if I am in ketosis or not - still no metallic/bad breath? Any advice
Melanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Had my first official weigh in since vacation and I'm down 2 pounds! Yippee Skippy! It hasn't been an easy week, but has served as good lesson for not cheating. The head aches are back and I'm starving! So, no more cheats, no more whining, I'm getting back on the straight and narrow!
Quote:
Had my weigh in today and I was down 5 pounds! I think this is the biggest loss since my very first weigh in. BUT that's wasn't the only celebration this week. My total weight loss is now 60 pounds!!!!!!.......

Today I
am wearing size 14 pants! I was a size 14 before when I weighed 150lbs. Now I'm fitting in a 14 at 180lbs. I love IP!!!!
Quote:
It's official....I've entered onederland! Had a WI today....198.5 Have lost 22.5 lbs since August 10th. Only lost 3 lbs in the past week, though, in spite of never cheating and measuring everything, but it's okay. I'll take 3 lbs. LOVE THIS DIET!
Congratulations to you all what fantastic results you've all had!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up Wow you guys are inspiring!

Quote:
Had my weigh in today and I was down 5 pounds! I think this is the biggest loss since my very first weigh in. BUT that's wasn't the only celebration this week. My total weight loss is now 60 pounds!!!!!!

Yesterday I got together with some friends that I haven't seen in a few months and they were all so shocked to see me. They kept telling me how great I looked and how tiny I was.

At my weigh in today I was telling the Dr how I'm finally starting to feel like the me that I know. What a good feeling! I also have a NSV to report..... Today I
am wearing size 14 pants! I was a size 14 before when I weighed 150lbs. Now I'm fitting in a 14 at 180lbs. I love IP!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Congratulations to you all what fantastic results you've all had!!!!
Wow you guys! Your success is so inspiring!
I hope I can be there someday to! I hope I can, I think I can, I feel like a whiner today!!!! I may be whiny and complaining today but I'm still on program and that is what counts. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my head out tom!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #50  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Weighed in this morning (usually weigh in in evening) lost 5.2 lbs. I will take that!

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Just had to retreat to my computer. My husband is eating pizza in bed...which is where I was watching TV. Smelled so good I took my tea and got out of dodge. He needs to gain weight (wonder what that would be like) so I didn't say anything to discourage him from eating it there. Thank God for this place.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
So I'm on the way to our county fair with three of our children, and hubby in tow, to see the goats, ferrets and chickens up close for real! Problem is I am feeling so emotional today for some reason, low energy horrible food cravings. Again it's totally not hunger related this is emotional food cravings which has always been my down fall. I am such a food addict!

Can others relate to this? Can you tell me what you do to get yourself through it? I was actually crying on my husbands shoulder this morning about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to! Argh, will this fat lady ever get free from this?

p.s.
If I didn't have you guys to check in with I don't think I'd be making it on IP, I am so grateful that you log in each day and share. Those of you who run this board and moderate, you have my undying admiration. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Need more of this!
I used four packets per day for the first 7 weeks on IP. After week 7or 8, I seemed to be less hungry and less stressed. For some reason, last week the hunger and cravings returned. I have had four packets several days in the past week. That extra packet seems to relieve the hunger and calm the nerves. I say use it when you need it.

Quote:
Greetings All,

Hope everyone's having a good, good day. Good news on official WI today--down another 7.6 lbs in two weeks since last WI! Official weight 322.4. Have lost 24.6 lbs in 5 weeks 2 days! Yay, yay, yay! And no headache today--Yay again!

Anyway, feeling good about the results, and hope others get good news at WI or on their scales too. It makes it so much easier to keep going. Under 300 here I come!

Jackie
Jackie, I love your openness on this forum. I am so proud and excited for you! Keep up the good work. The 200's will be here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Hi IPers,
I am in day 7 of the program. Had a great 1st week 6.6 lbs lost., but I am still hungry. Sometimes I feel so famished I could eat a "ferret" When will I get to the point where I won't feel hungry? I am not sure if I am in ketosis or not - still no metallic/bad breath? Any advice
Melanie
Melanie - See my notes above about the extra packet. Sounds like you need it!

Quote:
to ONEDERLAND!

Quote:

I love IP!!!!
Way to go! I just hit 30 this week. I can't wait to get to 60.

NSV: We had meetings at work today for about 30 people. I suggested that we supply donuts for the employees. I also suggested that someone else take my credit card and go pick them up! Let's face it, it takes a lot of will power to be closed up in a vehicle, ALONE, with six dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme! I was definitely not going there. Anyway, I never touched them and everyone else enjoyed them.

Also, I realized about half way through the meeting that I had my legs crossed. This is a big deal because before IP I had to use one hand to physically force one leg over the other to get into that crossed position. I did not have to do that today! Those legs just knew what to do and crossed themselves.

Last edited by doxigirl; 09-10-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Jackie, thanks so much for the great input, it helps just to know that others understand. That would be great to have you call me. Not sure what the rules are about posting info? Do you have a Facebook? You could enter my name and then friend me on there Mary-Jeanne Smith. Then we can personal message to exchange phone numbers. Others are welcome to do that to if your on there. If you don't Facebook then what other way is ok? I could post my e-mail address on here?
HI MJ, Good thinking. I've sent you a message on FB. I forgot to ask, please send your phone number in your FB reply.

And thanks all for the kudos and congrats. Right back atcha! I'm hitting the hay early tonight--can feel a cold trying to come on, so it's a dose of oil of oregano and off I go. 'night all.

Jackie
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Get your hands on some pro-biotics STAT! ... lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus are two of the bacteria strains in your gut that can be killed off by antibiotics. There may be some IP ones, and they're available at almost every health food store and even grocery stores now.
Thanks. That's on my list for the drug store tomorrow....along with stronger nasal decongestant, kleenex with lotion in them (because my poor little nose is rubbed raw), and some magazines to keep me company. My fiance is keeping his distance, understandably. I wouldn't want this if I had the choice.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #55  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember that feeling....and before you know it you will be in the 80's, and the 70's and so on.....yes, I love this program also.

Marilyn
Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
[B]
I hope I can be there someday to! I hope I can, I think I can, I feel like a whiner today!!!! I may be whiny and complaining today but I'm still on program and that is what counts. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my head out tom!
You WILL be there someday! Just stick to the plan. IP absolutely, positively works--nothing else has worked for me in 50+ years but this (dieting since birth). And it will work for you, too.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #57  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
You WILL be there someday! Just stick to the plan. IP absolutely, positively works--nothing else has worked for me in 50+ years but this (dieting since birth). And it will work for you, too.
Absolutely! Hey, I used to live in Great Falls... a log cabin on River Bend Road. Loved it!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #58  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!
IP is getting easier everyday for me now. I made salads last night for my husband and myself, he doesn't need to lose weight but just enjoys a good salad. Anyway, I was talking on the phone and the salads were sitting on the counter waiting for him to come in for dinner. By old habits, I started to pick up a small amount of cheese that was on his salad (not mine) and was going to taste it. Low and behold, I caught myself before it made it to my mouth. I stayed loyal to IP. Patting myself on the back here
I did the same thing with my son's yogurt - was gonna lick the top of the container but stopped just in time - what a shock to realize what a habit that was.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Absolutely! Hey, I used to live in Great Falls... a log cabin on River Bend Road. Loved it!
You're a bit west now, Leesburg, Purcelville? You know, you're my hero: because of you, I lowered my goal. We are about the same height & starting weight and you look so AWESOME now. You have been so positive and encouraging. THANK YOU!! Today my boss (who is skinny) called me skinny 3 times. Not true yet, but soon...

Mary
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #60  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=Emma Jayne;3474922]This is the kind of info I am looking for.....was it 'harsh' as in you had to stay close to a bathroom all the time with cramping etc. And why half a dose?

I posted on my facebook that I was looking for a few people to try it and I've had a great response.

-------------------

I'm very curious to know your results. Thanks for sharing this info. Happy cleansing
Closed Thread