Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Default Big ladies shrinking fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
That's awesome!

Happy Birthday! That's the best gift you can give yourself. As someone who started just over 300, I can tell you the benefits just keep getting better. I can now, just look down and the scale and see the numbers without having to bend forward! As someone who dances a lot, I am finding it a bit weird to adjust closed position with my husband or partner though!
Thanks Marion! I can't wait to be down around 250 again, I felt so much better back then, that was about 4 years ago. It's great to know that others are staying the course. There are days that are harder then others but I'm determined to keep going. This board helps so much!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #47  

Thumbs up Great Coaches Use 3 Fat Chicks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Almost a little nervous to post this as there has been so much 'coach bashing' lately - BUT I am very excited to have started this week as a coach. I had my first training and hosted a seminar and will be starting 6 people this week alone. I am so excited to share this with others. I am still on the program but I think this can only benefit others as I am going through what they are as well.

I've declared my clinic a 'no ferret zone'.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work !
I just have to say Emma Jayne, if your using this 3 Fat Chicks site then you are going to be great coach! I think the complaints have been around coaches that aren't using the program or don't get it. You have both things going for you so I'm sure you'll be great and dearly loved here! Thanks for giving back to others!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #48  

Thumbs up Cinching things in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
My first weigh in is tonight... I've already sinched up the shoulder straps on my bra three inches! Hope that's not the only place I've lost drastic inches in! LOL
Isn't that the greatest! I had to move my Birkenstock sandals over a notch. Can't wait for the shift in clothes! Let us know how the weigh in goes.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #49  

Cool How many ferrets does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Everytime I go to my clinic I am gonna see a dancing ferret in a speedo eating IP raspberry jello twirling a tootsie roll baaawwwwwhhhhaaaaaa (my coaches... who are great) already considers me crazy so what the hay... they will think its fantastic

Emma Jayne.... you have followed the program to a T based on your results and your comments.... I would be proud to have you as my coach.. and I like ferrets really I do
So how many ferrets does it take to knock us off our program? Ney sayers beware, these fat chickers, and a rooster, have big dogs coming off our hips!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Smile

I officially joined Ideal Protein today! Got all my food for the week. I am starting with the food on Monday because I'm going out of town this weekend and I want to start this program STRONG!

I am excited to read through and get advice from you all who have been on this new way of life.

Am 164 lbs now, want to get to 120 lbs. Here I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #51  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
So how many ferrets does it take to knock us off our program? Ney sayers beware, these fat chickers, and a rooster, have big dogs coming off our hips!
How many ferrets does it take to change a light bulb?

None. Ferrets don't change lightbulbs. They hide the lightbulbs behind the couch.

What do you get if you cross a chicken and a ferret?

I can't be sure, but I'll try it grilled with 2 cups of veggies and a salad.

And finally...

How many college football players does it take to change a light bulb?

The entire team. And they all get full credit for the entire semester!

Last edited by salesgod; 09-09-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #52  

Talking Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
[b]

What do you get if you cross a chicken and a ferret?

I can't be sure, but I'll try it grilled with 2 cups of veggies and a salad.
Love that!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
So how many ferrets does it take to knock us off our program? Ney sayers beware, these fat chickens, and a rooster, have big dogs coming off our hips!
MotherDuckMJ for the win on combining all the animal themes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
I officially joined Ideal Protein today! Got all my food for the week. I am starting with the food on Monday because I'm going out of town this weekend and I want to start this program STRONG!!
navy mom! If you can keep your schedule light and simple next week. The first few days (weeks for some ) adjusting to lower carb can leave you feeling tired and grumpy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
on adjusting current weight in ticker and profile
Thanks for jumping in with a straight forward easy to follow tech tip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I weigh everyday...and my scale is in line with my coaches...so i jumped on today and I have officially lost 40 LBS!!! in 6 weeks and 2 days...I still can't believe it.
That's great! We can tell you're pleased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Almost a little nervous to post this as there has been so much 'coach bashing' lately - BUT I am very excited to have started this week as a coach. I had my first training and hosted a seminar and will be starting 6 people this week alone. I am so excited to share this with others. I am still on the program but I think this can only benefit others as I am going through what they are as well.

I've declared my clinic a 'no ferret zone'.
But what about the 3 Fat Ferrets, can they be clients? They'll be out in protest -- placards in their little paws -- if you don't change your policy. My complaint is about the inconsistent quality of the coaches. Some -- not all -- coaches could easily be replaced by a self-serve station like at the grocery stores: a scale, scan your products and a debit/credit card machine. Those are the coaches we're talking about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
had my WI in today! 3.6lbs and 4 inches!! So a total of 47.6 lbs and 71 inches in 16 weeks!! SO close to losing 50lbs!!
You're doing really well.

Successfully on plan today. No rogue detours or misadventures with root vegetables. I can't believe that these pants are already going in the saggy butt direction. I'm going to do some laundry tonight to see if it's just the usual stretching a bit after wearing. I may have to follow someone else's example and wear skirts and tights until I'm done with the weight loss.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Click on User CP at the top of this page and then Edit Signature and adjust your number in your ticker.

Also you can adjust your current weight (S/C/G) under your user name and avatar by clicking on Edit Profile and adjusting your current weight.
So I changed my (S/C/G) just fine, but for some reason I can't change the ticker am I doing something wrong? I do as suggested but I don't see where it is I can change the number?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #55  

Height: 5.8

hi all

I have been absent for a few weeks and with 8 days left until my wedding chances are another checkin may not happen.

Congrats to everyone on the losses, welcome newbies..hello to my fellow old posters..miss u all, I will be back and back on IP after the wedding.

keep it up everyone
Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #56  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm terrified. I never thought I would feel these emotions. I broke through my 200lb mind block last week and I weigh in today. I hope I lose another pound, but I'm scared that I will fail. So frustrating and illogical. I haven't weighed this in ten years, I shoudl be excited.

I also pulled out a pair of "goal" jeans last night. I couldn't zip them last month and last night I was able to with just the slightest muffin top. I could easily wear them in public. Muffin top is so small, but I don't want any when I decided to finally wear them.

Then crazy thing is after almost 40lbs lost I hadn't gone down an size (I'm tall). All my petite friends are dropping sizes like crazy. I got used to saying, "No, I still haven't dropped a size." And now here I am so close to actually doing so. Logic says they will be very excited for me and I should be excited for myself. My brain says, "don't tell anyone because you're a fake." Whatever brain! No one can fake fitting into a smaller size. You just can't put 20lbs of potatoes in a 10lb sack. I'm not faking.

So weird. I just don't know what to do with myself. I guess I will just weigh in and move on. In the long run I don't want to be a thin person that still sees a fat person. I want to love my body.

There, I'm done and now I can breath. Thanks for reading.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #57  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm no longer a chickie. New avatar. I was brave and used my face. This is a "before" picture.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Default Progress Photos

TaylorMayde: You look amazing!! I can see you feel fabulous too.

I think since made our thread a photos only, we don't get to "hear" the positive feedback. I think that is too bad. Just wanted you to know I saw your pics and you are looking great!!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Jessica's rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I want to say how much I enjoyed Jessica's rant. I can't believe the inconsistency out there.
I'm with Amylew!! I am starting IP next week.....but I must tell you, if it weren't for the fact I am a nurse practitioner, and the totally AWESOME info on this site, those inconsistancies might turn me off! And that's a shame, when so many people could be helped with this diet.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #60  

Default New not sure where to post yet

On a down note I am somewhat discouraged....I believe I have only lost 2 lbs this week....for a total of 7lbs in two weeks!!! I am noticing 6lbs and 5 lbs weight losses per week losses. My gf lost 7 more lbs this week that makes her average 7lbs a week ...and she CHEATS almost everyday!!! I know "just focus on myself"..."at least I lost something"...Intellectually! I understand all that...but I wanted fast dramatic results..at least in the first three weeks!! I mean I could do WW and lose 2lbs a week! and not spend as much money! One more week....
OK end of vent...

On a more positive note:
I tried Beacon Light Steam Series...the tilapia....delish!!! Had 2 cups of spinach...very yummy!!!
Also took someone's advice and just try some items you might like them...I really liked the vanella pudding...would have never guessed! Liked the soy/garlic nuts too...never would have thought I would like them!!

Week Three starts Monday..this is it for me unless I am happy with results!
Closed Thread