Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/09/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #2  

Well, yesterday was, um, fun, wasn't it?
In Yesterday's news :
  • For those who missed the size 6 font: Kelsey hit the big five-O. No, not that one silly, 50 lbs lost. This woman is the personification of persistance in the face of disappointment.
  • meandmax had a good weigh-in (special mention because our shy, retiring Kelsey's post may have been a tough act to follow)
  • MotherDuckMJ celebrated her birthday and satisfied my craving for fun and frivolity. If you missed it check it out, post #65, at 6:12 EDT. Lots of dog lovers joined the pack in comparing their total pounds lost.
  • and for the love of all that is good and holy, between salesgod and Coastalcrafter I need brain bleach to get rid of the mental images. Should I order a hundred lot so we all have some? Oh the humanity!

If you said you wanted to be in the Hallowe'en challenge, shake your tail feathers over to the Challenge thread and post your starting weight.
What are you doing reading further. Hop to it!

Yesterday's thread at 9:46 EDT

LAShutterbug
  • kplus80 and makeitmatter are laying in the Phase 3 supplies
  • paygirl let us know she's on track with the program
  • Marionm
  • Pegsi is back from her holiday
  • Jacqueline provided another good bit of advice about the "unlimited lettuce": not optional, eat it (for those who like summaries)
  • kplus80 shared her anticipation for Phase 3
  • cdsclark is now wearing a size ... wait for it ... 6
  • dietfrenzy rolled out the welcome mat and pulled out her pom-poms to cheer Melissa
  • JessicaCourez was in with her trademark encouragement and fun and a vent about the, shall we say, quality and experience of and consistency across coaches
  • the wonder cat showed her mad research skillz to help address one lettuce question: when in Romaine, eat as the Romaines do
  • LInden lovely, literate Linden: so glad to see your posts
  • and Coastalcrafter had an early East Coast "rah rah" and mini-vent!

There were some questions that didn't get answered. If yours was one of them, please don't take it personally. Please check the end of the thread to see if they were answered. If there's no answer, feel free to post again today!

And that about drains my good will and humour, so watch out! I could be serving a lot of pitches fast, high and hard today. Or you know, just absent myself.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-09-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #3  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I want to say how much I enjoyed Jessica's rant. I can't believe the inconsistency out there.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, all!

I went to my Week 3 weigh-in on Tuesday evening with a feeling that I hadn't lost much, but wonder of wonders, I was down another 3.4 pounds! That makes an official total of 12.4. I think my "non-loss" feelings have to do with - dare I say it? - the big C. I guess I'll have to read some more about remedies for this, because I've been eating salads every day.

I found a new favorite drink - IP Vanilla pudding with a squirt of DaVinci SF Gingerbread syrup plus a sprinkle of cinnamon. Zero calories, carbs, fat! And made with Splenda. Yum!

Tonight is my bowling night, so this will be a long day. I hope everyone has a wonderful on-protocol day!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post

Ok, I just want to say that when people ask us questions about 'questionable' things on the diet and we respond with 'ask your coach' I 100% agree that's the right response for us, but can I just say that sometimes, all the different and wild rules that coaches have drive me nuts! I mean really, Ideal, make a call on these things and enforce them.

And its nice that the protocol sheet is one page, but if you took a few pages and explained some of these FAQ's, maybe it would be a little easier for people to follow your diet and spend money on your products.

This is just a moment of venting, but really, either romaine is ok or its not (IMO it's ok) lettuce is required or its not (IMO it's required on the diet) bubble water is ok or its not, asparatme is ok or its not. There. I said it.

Whew. Sorry, I usually don't get so upset about rules and structure, but really, it IS silly. Someone on yesterday's forum said their coach said BEER was ok! Really? Really? Seriously? Get your together, coaches.

I think I took over Novak's for the evening.

(Quietly steps off soapbox)

JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Ok, I guess I wasn't done with the soapbox...one more thing:

I think the best thing about Weight Watchers was that leaders HAD to have lost weight on the program. Yes, I didn't lose that much on their program and have been more successful here -- but the best thing was that your leader had been there. I know that's difficult for IP and clinic directors, but I think its important. All the questions you have and yes, emotions, your coach should understand. My coach wouldn't know an extra pound if it ... well, you finish the sentence, or better yet, I'll let Salesgod. Maybe it'll have a goat and a tootsie roll in it when he's done.

All I'm saying is that it should take more than an scale and and a storefront to sell IP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
you can see by my post count, I'm no expert, but here is info from a VegCarbs chart that I am sure was linked on this forum:
Food Item..................Portion...Carb...Fiber...Fat .....Protein...Cal
Lettuce, butter head........1 cup.....1.3g....0.6g....0.1g.....0.7g........7
Lettuce, romaine.............1 cup.....1.3g....1.0g....0.1g.....0.9g........8

I am not advocating going against coach advice, but it would be nice to know what the issue is with romaine. I read somewhere else that romaine lettuce has the most micronutrients of all lettuces, so I was planning on eating a lot of romaine (I have been poring over many sites over the past days; really sorry I don't have a source).

JessicaCourez, I am still a newbie (in fact, not even on IP yet), but I agree in principle with your "rant". Glad you said it!

and congrats to Kelsey on your milestone
starrfish23, awesome job!
(hope I didn't miss anyone else's big loss. I need to get in the habit of getting on this board earlier everyday!)
I just have to "weigh" in here on this topic. I, too, was shocked the other day when the subject of the coach recommending beer was brought up. I've been struck from the beginning of my research here by the disparity of advice people are getting from coaches. WTH?!? I believe my coaches have the right information, and they also have been on the program themselves. Thank goodness! A few weeks ago, they had an open-house informational meeting where they brought in the regional director to speak. I wish I had attended, because I think I would have asked him about this problem. I think the success of the company depends on consistency - otherwise, how can they make any claims that are valid.

And -- advising against romaine lettuce???? C'mon...

Okay, I'll step back down from Jessica's soapbox -(it was just sitting there right in front of me....)
Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Good Morning, all!

I went to my Week 3 weigh-in on Tuesday evening with a feeling that I hadn't lost much, but wonder of wonders, I was down another 3.4 pounds! That makes an official total of 12.4. I think my "non-loss" feelings have to do with - dare I say it? - the big C. I guess I'll have to read some more about remedies for this, because I've been eating salads every day.
When I began IP, my provider gave me a question and answer sheet of things to expect as possible side effects and some solutions. One that was mentioned for this issue was taking a Tablespoon of Magnesium Citrate daily if you are prone to it and two Tablespoons if you were having a problem with it. I didn't have any problems for quite awhile, but eventually did and I began taking it daily in my morning Blueberry, Pomegranate, Cranberry drink and I've had no problem since.

I will offer one caution... the original bottle I got at Wal-Mart had sucrose in it which I didn't realize. I think it was 1gram of sugar for the entire 10 oz bottle, but still. My coach said it was okay because it was such a small quantity and I did have good weight loss that week. I went to Hy-Vee and discovered another brand, whose bottle looks almost identical, called "Good Neighbor Pharmacy" and it does not have sucrose in it.

Also, IP now has a laxative called Novi-Lax. I got a bottle of it, but haven't used it since I take the Magnesium Citrate which is like $1.30 a bottle and the bottle last the week.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #7  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I want to say how much I enjoyed Jessica's rant. I can't believe the inconsistency out there.
I accepted JC's invitation and responded on yesterday's chat. Grab some of svelting's brain bleach and go check it out.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #8  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Jessica C

Jessica, can I just say how stunning you look up there on that soap box! Wow, 5'4" never looked so hot!!! You're doing great, keep up the good work!

And one more little thing: I went back and read the posts from yesterday after I thanked all of the people who congratulated me, but I saw that there were more congratulations, so thanks to those people too!

And to I'm svelting for saying I am "the personification of persistance in the face of disappointment." I'm feeling so encouaged today. I've only lost a pound in the past week, but my official WI isn't until tomorrow, so who knows?!?

Last edited by Kelsey; 09-09-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  
Dave - The Speedo King

Okay, here's my advice:

If your coach says something that doesn't make any sense, just look at them and reply, "Hey! There's a ferret sitting on top of your head!" when they look back at you with a puzzled expression, you can say, "You just told me something completely illogical, and I felt obligated to respond in like fashion. Isn't this great? I think we're really connecting here!"

Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #10  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

I love this forum I am into my second week and doing much better today, I let the stress of the day hit me yesterday, but I have to say your before pics and after pics and reading the forums and getting some recipe ideas made such a difference for me, Thankyou!! As far as coaches go i do like my coach when she first started if you cheat she would kick you off the program but now she has eased up on it some. I made maple and brown sugar pancake today with my oatmeal it was very good. I hope you all have a wonderful successful day!

Sheila
Old 09-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Just back from WI#11 and I lost 2 more pounds!! That brings me to a total of 29! 30lbs is so stinkin close I can taste it.

I've been lurking the past few days just to read. Nothing worth posting in my world other than the bikini story from a couple days back.

Happy Thursday!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #12  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

[QUOTE=gibster;3473241]Good Morning, all!

I found a new favorite drink - IP Vanilla pudding with a squirt of DaVinci SF Gingerbread syrup plus a sprinkle of cinnamon. Zero calories, carbs, fat! And made with Splenda. Yum!

Thanks for the heads up on the Gingerbread SF syrup....been thinking about that...followed by the pumpkin pie flavor....yummy

Marilyn
Old 09-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
I love this forum I am into my second week and doing much better today, I let the stress of the day hit me yesterday, but I have to say your before pics and after pics and reading the forums and getting some recipe ideas made such a difference for me, Thankyou!! As far as coaches go i do like my coach when she first started if you cheat she would kick you off the program but now she has eased up on it some. I made maple and brown sugar pancake today with my oatmeal it was very good. I hope you all have a wonderful successful day!

Sheila
Check out the recipe threads...There are really some great recipes there
MB
Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #14  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I emailed my coach with my question about eating lettuce along with the 2 cups of vegetables with lunch and dinner. They said that we are suppose to and that actually a person will lose more weight if they do.

Guess I will adding a salad to my meals.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

It's true at first I wasn't following protocol completely, eyeballing olive oil and not eating lettuce. But as soon as I started measuring everything and eating the lettuce the pounds melted off. Follow the program to a t and you will see results.:-)
Closed Thread