Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday 9/13/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Link to weekend chat.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

My weekend was very good, was short a bit on water yesterday but only by 8 oz. Been feeling really good. My scale is so off from my coach but my wii fit is right on! Everyone have a great day!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #3  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I go to see the doctor today that told me last April that I had to lose weight. I can't wait to see what he thinks about the 80 pounds lost. It makes me happy and I am excited to let him know.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I go to see the doctor today that told me last April that I had to lose weight. I can't wait to see what he thinks about the 80 pounds lost. It makes me happy and I am excited to let him know.
I'm so excited for you - you must feel wonderful! I'd love to hear about your doctor's reaction - will you come back later today and let us know?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Come back and let us know what he says!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Time for 2nd week weigh in for 20 lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge!!

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!

Just a friendly reminder to post your 2nd weeks Weight for the Challenge!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! My DD and I spent it getting ready for a HUGE Garage sale next Sat., my what stuff we do accumulate!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #7  

Quote:

rosemary What great news to go to your Dr. with, maybe he won't recognize the new you!! Isn't IP the greatest!!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #8  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go...
have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Good for you!!!! Hope you don't have a doctor like mine who asked "are you going to keep it off this time"? Talk about bursting your bubble....but it's making me work harder....besides, I noticed he had put on weight> lol

Marilyn
Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #10  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Congrats on the HUGE loss.. Please tell me when did you start on IP to have dropped 80 pounds..?? I am in awe of you!!!!!!

Had my weigh in this morning down 1 pound.. "coach" is NOT happy with me said I'm losing TOO slow.. I have been dropping consistantly since I started. After she told me at least 5 times that she was not happy with me( I was glad there were no other clients in the place at the time) I tried to tell her I do lose weight very slowly no matter WHAT diet I am on, but this time the inches are melting off!!! Because my 'rolls' are shifting, I had no inches lost, yet am in New jeans smaller size!!
I was feeling good about myself when I walked in, and left feeling embarrassed + ashamed.
I wasn't even gonna share this with you all cause I know it's petty, but if I say anything to my hubby ( he's off today) he will get mad and I don't wanna hear him yell. He knows how hard I am trying.

I reread Dr Tien's book online and he mentioned that a strict version of the diet is 4-5 packets per day and 4 cups non restricted veggies. I think I'm gonna try that for a week..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I reread Dr Tien's book online and he mentioned that a strict version of the diet is 4-5 packets per day and 4 cups non restricted veggies. I think I'm gonna try that for a week..
Sorry to hear you had a difficult weigh in. Hang in there !! You can do this.

Could you please explain what you mean by 4-5 packets per day as being strict......are you on the alternative phase? How many packets are you having?

Take care
Old 09-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Rosemary: That is AWESOME!! Congrads

Coastal C: My coach is happy if you loose, I know each coach has their own different style.

Ok so I have a question: I have a friend who has been on ww for many years lost 178 pounds, yep that is right. Anyhow we don't talk much anymore and she works at my bank, the other night I heard from her via text she said how do you like the protein diet, now I have not said anything to anyone I wanted to be on it a month first to see how I like it! I asked how she knew she replied oh word gets around, I said No my coach wouldn't say a word the meeting is private 1 on 1. So I went to my bank website and seen where my check was cashed and yes it was at my bank that holds my personal account. I am not pleased about that, she bashed the program constant until I finally told her I was busy and liked the program. Anyhow I really feel my privacy was violated.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #13  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Sorry to hear you had a difficult weigh in. Hang in there !! You can do this.

Could you please explain what you mean by 4-5 packets per day as being strict......are you on the alternative phase? How many packets are you having?

Take care
Hi Emma- I am on 2 packets and 1 restricted IP bar per day with 4 cups veggies and 1 protein w/ meal.. I was getting very weak in the morning so she told me to eat 1 IP bar every morning! I'm gonna stop the bars for a week and see how I feel. I just gotta get this weight loss (scale) moving..
Wish I knew what Kelsey changed in her diet, to boost her weight loss.. Kelsey??Help please..

I see my endocrinologist next week, maybe my thyroid med needs adjusting??
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #14  

Quote:
Congrats on the HUGE loss.. Please tell me when did you start on IP to have dropped 80 pounds..?? I am in awe of you!!!!!!

Had my weigh in this morning down 1 pound.. "coach" is NOT happy with me said I'm losing TOO slow.. I have been dropping consistantly since I started. After she told me at least 5 times that she was not happy with me( I was glad there were no other clients in the place at the time) I tried to tell her I do lose weight very slowly no matter WHAT diet I am on, but this time the inches are melting off!!! Because my 'rolls' are shifting, I had no inches lost, yet am in New jeans smaller size!!
I was feeling good about myself when I walked in, and left feeling embarrassed + ashamed.
I wasn't even gonna share this with you all cause I know it's petty, but if I say anything to my hubby ( he's off today) he will get mad and I don't wanna hear him yell. He knows how hard I am trying.

Coastalcrafter I can't believe your coach is not encouraging you and supporting you. Consistent weight loses are great and especially when you have inches that are melting away!!! Thank goodness my coach is very supportive, even the couple times I had a gain she just was great and told me next week will be even better. That is what a coach is supposed to do, I would think!!! You are doing wonderful...keep up the great job, no matter what your grouchy coach says
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #15  

Quote:
Hi Emma- I am on 2 packets and 1 restricted IP bar per day with 4 cups veggies and 1 protein w/ meal.. I was getting very weak in the morning so she told me to eat 1 IP bar every morning! I'm gonna stop the bars for a week and see how I feel. I just gotta get this weight loss (scale) moving..
Wish I knew what Kelsey changed in her diet, to boost her weight loss.. Kelsey??Help please..

I see my endocrinologist next week, maybe my thyroid med needs adjusting??
How is your water intake?
Closed Thread