Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #91  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Has anyone tried to make mayonnaise with olive oil and eggs? Mixed with chicken, dill relish,dry mustard and a bit of curry powder, salt and pepper this might make a great chicken salad. Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #92  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Count me in for the next challenge.

FYI - I think there is some confusion between WHITE vinegar and WHITE WINE vinegar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we can have white vinegar, but not white wine vinegar.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #93  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Just finished having Big Mac in a Bowl, YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

For all the new chicks, please check out the recipe sticky, there are some really good ones there!!!
Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to try that months ago.
Maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
Has anyone tried to make mayonnaise with olive oil and eggs? Mixed with chicken, dill relish,dry mustard and a bit of curry powder, salt and pepper this might make a great chicken salad. Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce.
I really miss mayonnaise and the Walden Farms version is just awful, I think. Thanks for the great idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post

FYI - I think there is some confusion between WHITE vinegar and WHITE WINE vinegar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we can have white vinegar, but not white wine vinegar.
Yes, I think that too and we can't have balsamic vinegar either, right?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I had my first weigh in today. Down 7 pounds! So excited! Also lost 1 1/2 inches from my arms, waist 2, and hips 2 for a total of 5 1/2 inches.

Congratulations, that is an awesome weigh-in!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Oh, I wanna be in the challenge, too! Pick me, pick me!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahs1976 View Post
Can someone tell me if I should start this diet when I am trying to get pregnant?
sarahs1976: re doing IP while trying to conceive Sarah, I'm glad to see you found the main chat thread. You are posting in the right thread for today, and I hope you feel that you've found the right place to get your questions answered.

You're looking at a serious endeavor, conceiving, carrying and delivering a child. I'm far less concerned about the effect of IP on your hormones than the impact of being on a calorie-restricted diet in the first 3-4 weeks of pregnancy before you know you're pregnant. Women have had low calorie diets and conceived children for forever. You don't have to do that or take the risks with your child's health that arise in that situation. In fact you have access to knowledge and tools to get yourself into unbelievably healthy condition before getting pregnant.

Aside from the text in red below, do not listen to anonymous, though nice and well-intentioned, people on the internet about something that could have life-long health impacts for your child.

Consult a physician, preferably one who's familiar with your medical history.There's information about Phase 1 of the plan in the Phases thread, specifically this post. Print out the Phase 1 sheet and take it to your doctor. Get his or her advice about whether IP is appropriate for you while trying to conceive.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-01-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #97  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Count me in for the next challenge.

hmmm on my list its mentionned no red wine vinaigar... but nothing about the white one...ill keep you posted with my findings
Old 09-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good evening!!

Another hot hot day in southern Ontario!! Whew! That's okay tho, with my pina colada smoothie in hand by my pool... it was tolerable!

I feel so good today! Really motivated.... down 17 pounds so far as of my own scales this morning and feeling happy! A friend I haven't seen for a month noticed my weightloss without even knowing I was doing the program! That made my day!

Wyoangel-- welcome! You and I started at the same weight! We can do it!

Dina- so sorry for your loss... take care...

Hope all of you with the flu start to feel better swiftly!

Take care and talk soon!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 176.5/152.5/140

So, do we get anything different for food after 2 weeks?? I have quite well the last two weeks, but have read about folks having bars?? Have not seen or heard of those from my coaches office. I would like a bit more variety.

Thanks for all the great support and keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #100  

Well, tonight proves just how committed I am to this plan. I'm away for the next two days at a seminar and I did all my food prep so I'm ready for it. Two lunches, one dinner and all my packs ready to roll. If I can do this, absolutely anyone can. In the past I would hit the nearest fast food joint as many times a day as was necessary. That won't be happening this time. I am looking forward to dinner out with a friend on Friday evening and will enjoy every minute !

Welcome to all the new people ! You can do this !
To everyone else - Keep on keeping on !
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #101  

[QUOTE=HopefulTricia;3462993]Dodomommy - these dogs are just the best, aren't they? She is almost 10- her name is Madison. Santa put her in front of the Christmas tree when she was just a few weeks old. My youngest son was 8. It was a Christmas we will all remember. How about showing us Tucker???

HopefulTricia I put Tuck in my profile picture. When we are bored we do silly things...this time we dressed him up in my husbands tie and i don't know whose glasses those belong to. He looks like he's going to work. I agree they are the best sooo loving. I walked him too much the other day and his pads are sore poor baby
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #102  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

OK! 1 day down....feeling better after eating supper. Just spoke to my best friend and she has her consultation tomorrow! Yeah! Looking forward to doing this with her! We CAN resist temptations together!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Went to get international driver's licenses and ran into a friend of my husband's. He said to him, "I know you have 2 sons but I didn't realize you have a daughter too." Yess it is kind of a cheesy compliment but I know he wouldn't have said it last February before I started IP. When I mentioned it at dinner to my hubby, he said "I was thinking when you got out of the car how beautiful you are." Well, that took my breath away. Not sure when he has said something like that to me...Have a great willpower dust filled day everyone!
Tricia that is so cool! It's encouraging to hear from those of you who have been on this road for awhile. I'd love to hear from others the kinds of responses you've had from people as they saw how fast your weight came off.

Today it hit me, I'm flushing my fat! Running to the bathroom constantly, 10 pounds gone in 5 days, well where else would it have gone? So every time I flush that toilet I guess I should be shouting out a loud Hallelujah! Now that would make people talk huh?

Good day for me, but getting tired of eating all the veggies, especially since my hunger is now gone. Must keep it up though, this rapid weight loss rocks!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #104  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Brendaleeq....stay away from those evil bars as long as you can!!!!

Welcome Wyoangel....I see you are from Valentine....are you originally from Wyo? We are the same height. It won't be long till you hit onederland. It will be so exciting!!! It will be fun having a friend doing the same diet. Check out those recipes. They help a lot.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Rapid Weight Loss Worth The Wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning everyone, well...my second week WI was not great...did not drop a pound.. what a bummer, although not surprised. They did measure me and I went down 14.3/4 inches since I started. Weekends are brutal for me. I have a busy social life and it is SO hard not to stray!! any suggestions? I get so darn hungry. I do admit i have a hard time getting all my vegies in at lunch time...sometimes I just gag at the thought of it. I don't know why, I love vegies...I just have a hard time with them at lunch...well 2 cups of them that is. And I've also had a couple of drinks on the weekend....i know it is a faux pas!!
Hi MeandMax, sorry, that would be so hard! Giving up wine was one of those hard commitments for me to make. I like my occasional creature comforts. I'm sure you know that one drink, or eating white flour or sugar, etc takes us out of ketosis. ketosis is really the key to this diets rapid weight loss, and it sucks to have to go through the rough 2-4 days just to get back into it if you have a slip (I've only been on IP 5 days but did another similar ketosis diet in the past). IP is not really a diet you can slip up on often and expect great results. If it's that's hard to follow a weight watchers type approach might be better. It has slower weight loss but it allows you more flexibility in your food choices.

The thing that I believe is going to help me keep from cheating is knowing that eventually I'll be able to have more variety when I'm done, but the rapid weight loss is definitely worth the trade off to me! Hope you have a better week, hang in there!
Closed Thread