IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/01/2010

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • You Can Do This!
    Quote: OK! 1 day down....feeling better after eating supper. Just spoke to my best friend and she has her consultation tomorrow! Yeah! Looking forward to doing this with her! We CAN resist temptations together!
    I'm on my 5th day now. The first three days were really hard, I had some headaches, some cravings and even cried a couple times... over bread! I made it through and days 4 and 5 have been amazing! I've lost 10 pounds in 5 days, my hunger is gone now that my body kicked into ketosis, life is good. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • How does the 20 pounds for Halloween challenge work?
  • Quote: humm I need to check with my coach [re white wine vinegar] coz that is what I have been unsing for the past 3 weeks...so far so good but I don't want that to slow down the process in the long run!
    Please let us know, OK?
  • The next challenge
    I just checked Kelsey's chart. While not everyone has weighed in this week, only 11 of the 49 people so far have made the challenge -- and not for not trying, either. Not such good odds, but maybe that's what makes it the challenge. Still. . . .

Does the next challenge have to be 20 pounds? Wouldn't 2 pounds a week or 16 pounds in 8 weeks be more realistic and hopeful? I really don't mean this to be self-serving.
  • That's it for Wednesday for 6 days.
    Wednesday's over, come join us on the Thursday thread.

Thread will close by 9 a.m. Eastern. umm, 9 pm?? What happened there?
  • Quote: Can someone tell me if I should start this diet when I am trying to get pregnant?

I need to lose about 30-35 pounds, I am very active just have poor eating habits. I'm afraid this diet might mess with my hormones or that I won't have enough energy to work out 4-5 x a week.
    Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is the wrong forum- I am new and I really have no idea where to ask this)

Well, you're definitely not supposed to do this diet if you ARE pregnant or nursing. So if you're trying to get pregnant, you probably shouldn't do it either. But if you want to lose the weight before trying to get pregnant, this would be great to do because you can lose the weight fast and then start trying.