Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #46  

Default so now, about me ...

Wow, since Saturday morning I've been really tired. Yesterday and today I haven't felt quite right. Weigh-in was no loss/no gain. Yesterday I indulged in some "stinkin' thinkin'" (sorry for the Dr. Swill lingo) and had 2 extra restricted items. After all, I was already at 0 lbs lost.

I've spent more time in the bathroom the last two days than I usually do in a week. Anyone who said "She's full of it" on Friday, would have been right. Looking back at my food record, I see that I've gone light on the meat/poultry/fish protein, i.e. had a packet in the evening because I didn't want to prepare and eat the real food. Despite my vegetable evangelism I've been less than rigorous about eating the full 4 cups myself.

Today's been on program. I tried the pancake/crepe; I was hungry only 2.5-3 hours later. Maybe on a day after I've been on program for the previous days, I'll try it again. I just choked down some turkey breast that my dear, sweet partner roasted for us (LOVE him) and am off to forage for some veggies. The foraging will be in the kitchen not in the wilds.

Picking myself up, dusting myself off, moving on to do better now and tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Hi All,

I'm on my 2nd day of IP, hard day, I'm really hungry, ate lunch to early!

Two questions:

1. About how many carbs a day are we getting in phase 1 of IP.

2. Are tofu and low carb vegie meats an OK substitute for the 5 oz. of meat at dinner? I'm mostly vegetarian and don't think I can handle eating meat every day.

Thanks!
MJ
1. Everyone has a different number to stay in ketosis. I stick at 25g (not net, full) but some can go up to 40. I think the happy medium is 30.

2. Yes they are. Your coach can give you a vegetarian sheet.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default How bad will lettuce mess me up?

I was wondering how badly lettuce will mess me up if I replace a vegetable serving once a day with it? I just kind of faded out on the veggies a bit and so I'd been replacing my lunch veggies with 2c lettuce, EVOO, vinegar and some chopped garlic. But then I read somewhere on here that I could be cutting down my carbs too low and burning muscle?? I don't want to be doing that. I usually have crispy cereal for breakfast, lettuce and a bar for lunch, 2c zucchini and my protien for supper, and then all of my supplements, fish oil, MVM's, salt through the day like we're supposed to. I also drink about 9 or 10 8oz waters daily. Last week (I've only been doing this with the lettuce for a week) I lost 2.5#'s. But if it was muscle I'm going to kick myself! What do you think?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #49  

Default Slow losers club

Another thought about something to test to find the source of slow weight loss: the sugar alcohols (malitol, sorbitol, etc.) in the bars.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Don't go after all of the suspects -- sweeteners, soy, sugar alcohols -- all at once. You'll have no virtually IP packets to eat! Pick one, eliminate it for a few weeks, see if you notice a difference in your results.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Default Hello Sunday

Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say hello! I just read on here about not chewing gum and realized I have been chewing it with asparateme Hope this doesn't mess me up too much.. I am so glad this forum is here to be able to learn things like this! It will really help us in our success!

Take care and talk soon!

Candace
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #51  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

My computer has been slower ever since we went to daily pages. That's when I noticed the change. Just on 3fc site-not on others. And it's a big change- very very slow.
Linden - I would love to come to Hawaii...
Soy -- the IP and Linden ready made drinks dont show
soy on the ingredients list on the packaging. The originial
ingredients pages given to me by my IP doc when I started list soy in the ready mades-- I just assumed they changed them at some point and the IP ingredients list wasn't up to date. I have been avoiding soy because I am hypothyroid.
To all the newbies -- in the beginning, I just took this program one day at a time. I didn't ask much of myself but to just believe it was possible. I didn't exercise -- I just kept plugging along. It takes awhile for the weight to come off, but that was my motivation. I kept a journal to chart my progress. And though I was furious with myself for gaining way too much weight, I just kept believing it could work... tentatively at first. So even if you feel really lousy, suck it up (as my boys would say) and believe it is possible. BECAUSE IT IS!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I'm one pound away from having lost 10% of my weight so far!! I don't think I ever actually hit that goal any of the many times I did weight watchers (when my weight wasn't even this high yet!).

I lurk a lot, but read daily, so thank you everyone for your tips, tricks, and help all of the time in these forum posts.
Love your avatar. I have two miniature dachshunds. My baby girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say hello! I just read on here about not chewing gum and realized I have been chewing it with asparateme Hope this doesn't mess me up too much.. I am so glad this forum is here to be able to learn things like this! It will really help us in our success!

Take care and talk soon!

Candace
I chew gum with aspartame every day. I chew 5-6 pieces a day. My weight loss may be slower than others, but it is still okay with me. I'll keep my gum for now. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

My family stresses me out! To the max! I am already exhausted and want to go to bed, Sorry to vent but I jusy needed to get that off my chest. Thanks everyone for being there for all the good and the occasional bad!
P.S. where in the .... is my ticker?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #54  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Sorry for the double post, quoting the same post, but I didn't want this information and question to get buried.. I've just checked the ingredient list for the RTDs and the hot chocolate packets and didn't find soy. Did I miss something? Or, am I the bearer of good news?

UPDATE: I've uploaded a spreadsheet with soy, gluten, sucralose and ace K (sweetener) information on the FAQ thread.

Link to my post:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3457961
I'm using Lindora now. The hot choc, the bars, the crunchy chili & lime soy, all have soy. I'm going to try to stick to the Pure protein drinks (I think they have it too, but not a lot). Thanks for the soy info addition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I think we should plan a girl's trip to Hawaii. I want to meet you guys and what better way to do it. Look out Linden....here we come!!!!!
yes, WyoSun!!! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Dear President Kelsey,

You nailed it! What doesn't have soy? In my case, nothing I had in the house and I'm still waiting for non-soy packets to arrive from Maui. Here they are -- and most are higher in carbs than puddings, etc.

Strawberry pudding 100 calories 1 carb/0 sugar/0 fiber
Raspberry Jelly 100 2/0/0
Blueberry. . . . 95 2/.3/.2
UHT Vanilla Drink 100 3/0/1
UHT Chocolate Drink 100 4/0/1
Orange Drink (blech!) 100 4/0/0
Pink Lemonade 90 4/0/1
Cappuccino 108 5/1/1
Peach Mango 100 5/0/1
Chocolate Drink 120 7/0/3
Yogurt 100 14/0/1
Sea Salt Vinegar 160 14/1/2

What I've done is eat my dinner for breakfast and bought some whey powder to tide me over; and gained 4 pounds. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for an example.

So, Christmas in Berlin? Snow, lovely street fairs, mulled wine, snow?

And welcome all you newbies. What a great adventure!

PS: My Skype number is in my profile. However I was otherwise occupied at 3:48 this morning.
I don't have IP stuff anymore. Also, I don't eat anything that is berry or fruity. I would love more salt & vinegar ridges, but wow those are restricted! Sigh, I'm going to try to stick to the Pure protein and hot chocolate!

Will you be in Berlin by Christmas???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Kelsey, it's probably the weight loss that has caused your hair loss.
I hope you're right, but no matter the cause, I have to find a way to slow this hairloss down. My daughter was over earlier and she said, Mama, you have so much hair on your sweater (yes, I am always cold, so I was wearing a sweater)...

Quote:
Wow, since Saturday morning I've been really tired. Yesterday and today I haven't felt quite right.

Today's been on program. I tried the pancake/crepe; I was hungry only 2.5-3 hours later. Maybe on a day after I've been on program for the previous days, I'll try it again. I just choked down some turkey breast that my dear, sweet partner roasted for us (LOVE him) and am off to forage for some veggies. The foraging will be in the kitchen not in the wilds.

Picking myself up, dusting myself off, moving on to do better now and tomorrow.
You're back on track! You'll have a great week!

Quote:
Another thought about something to test to find the source of slow weight loss: the sugar alcohols (malitol, sorbitol, etc.) in the bars.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Don't go after all of the suspects -- sweeteners, soy, sugar alcohols -- all at once. You'll have no virtually IP packets to eat! Pick one, eliminate it for a few weeks, see if you notice a difference in your results.
I'm really limiting this week to hot chocolate and pure protein drinks!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hello everyone!

Take care and talk soon!

Candace
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Love your avatar. I have two miniature dachshunds. My baby girls!

I chew gum with aspartame every day. I chew 5-6 pieces a day. My weight loss may be slower than others, but it is still okay with me. I'll keep my gum for now. Good luck!
For all you gum chewers... I found a gum in a health food store that is legal for us!! It is called Spry and is sweetened with xylitol. Hope this helps
Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #56  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
For all you gum chewers... I found a gum in a health food store that is legal for us!! It is called Spry and is sweetened with xylitol. Hope this helps
My IP clinic (where I use to go) carries the Spry gum!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I've never had a bar and only eaten IP food. But keep the suggestions coming.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Wow, since Saturday morning I've been really tired.
Sorry you are feeling off color.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Kelsey "Will you be in Berlin by Christmas???"

I sure hope so. Pretty soon I'll need to get my tickets, weight loss or no. What's really holding me up are Andy the Cat and The Puppy. I can only take one animal myself and am looking for someone who'd like a free trip to Berlin in exchange for taking one of them. I only mention this on the slim chance that that someone is out there. There would be a free apartment on that end, too, since my son's family and I will be spending the 10 days around Christmas in Saxony.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 220/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Yes, be sure to eat everything you're supposed to, especially your protein. Weigh the dinner meat if at all possible. If you haven't already done so, buy yourself an inexpensive food scale. I have a friend who started IP 4 weeks ago, lost 8 pounds, then gained them all back while "following the program exactly." I loaned her my scale and turns out she was guessing way too little for the correct amount of dinner protein. She needed to double it. I'm hoping to see her weight loss pick back up.

Hi, Jackie, I have hypothyroidism too. There are sea salt brands out there that have iodine in them. I make sure I buy one that has it. Real Salt has an iodized version, as well as Hain.
Hi Bev,

I just wanted to say that I have lost 2 of the 8 again. I also had to increase the veggies. Having the the scale has helped me keep better track. I like the custard by the way. Not hungry any more either. Actually feel stuffed most of the time. Guess I'm a slow starter. Thanks coach!
Beth
Closed Thread