Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #31  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
Can you tell me where you found them....I'm in Ottawa too.

Tanks
Mel - I havent checked it for myself yet - but will this w-end.. but I was confirmed by other ppl that they carry them at the T & T superstore at the corner of riverside and hunt club...
Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucree View Post
Ok, so I am having my first lunch on IP: tuna + green salad, and am sitting in the kitchen with my co-workers. We're talking carbs galore here: everyone is having fries; it's Friday, so they wanted to go a little crazy I guess (McDonalds regular frieds, Kojax thick fries etc..)

All of a sudden I am the center of attention because I am having a salad, and because I am not interested in tasting their fries. They kept offering every 2 minutes, and clearly stated they wanted to see how long I woudl hold my ground.

Here's the funny part. I didn't tell anyone I was on IP, I was just trying to @#!@#! enjoy my salad. Regular people can't have salads? What is this? Any suggestions, anyone encountered this kind of behavior from friends/family/coworkers. I am thinking of switching my lunch break to 1pm, when most people have eaten their lunch and left the kitchen.

Ventingly yours,

I know what you are going through. I went camping with my SIL and brother last weekend and she spent the entire weekend trying to make me drink Sangria and offering me Smores every 2 min. I got really mad at her because she knew that I was doing IP, yet she was trying to "jokingly" sabotage me. I told he it was the equivalent as trying to force me to smoke a cigarette or something.....not funny!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #33  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I know what you are going through. I went camping with my SIL and brother last weekend and she spent the entire weekend trying to make me drink Sangria and offering me Smores every 2 min. I got really mad at her because she knew that I was doing IP, yet she was trying to "jokingly" sabotage me. I told he it was the equivalent as trying to force me to smoke a cigarette or something.....not funny!
In the past when I was trying to lose weight I didnt tell a soul for some unknown reason... but this time I decided to tell my whole team - friends and family... and surprisinly ppl are very nice, checking what I eat... asking question staying away with tempting food - planing something else than going to the restaurant... and even my family will adjust when we visit...I was quite surprised by the amount of support i was receiving so im not affraid to tell anymore.

Mel.. your SIL is just mean...there is joking and joking.. but im glad you held your ground! Good for you!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #34  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Thought I'd share a little store I really like. It is called Fustini's They sell high quality infused olive oils. If you happen to live near Traverse City, MI you can go in and do tastings but I stock up when I visit a friend there. My favorite are the olive oil infused with either garlic or chipolte. The chipolte is great if you are doing an oil and vinegar salad dressing and I even use it when I'm cooking veggies.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/172.5/130

Height: 5'0

Morning Everyone,
Well I have my WI tonight, I am excited to see the results!! I am also one of those who are lucky to have a good support system. My husband and kids are very supportive. Well school starts next week and with Harvest close I was making goodies for everyone and had a little week moment and had a teaspoon of cookie dough. uggg I will have to find things that don't temp me or maybe just get them store bought treats. I lovvvveee coookie dough, so that might be the trick. lol Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #36  

Default link to summary of IP supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelliott View Post
Does anyone know where less expensive yet comparable vitamins can be purchased? The IP ones are too expensive for me. In addition to the required ones, I am also taking the Anti-oxy and the Omega 3. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
No brand names to offer (I'm in Canada) however, there's a summary of what's in the 3 main IP supplements in the thread linked above and a downloadable PDF in the IP - Food Alternatives thread, message #119,
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3436190-post119.html

Omega 3 caps are just about everywhere these days. I found one I like at Walmart, it's the store brand.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-27-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 261.3/253/200

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Thx There is hope.. that's for sure... btw.. im only 2.5 hrs from you (Gatineau).

Miracle noodles ....www.miraclenoodle.com check the site out.. I had then before and liked them, its not like regular noodles but it does the trick just fine... after ordering them online I found a store in Ottawa that carries them I will check it out - But do a research for store in ur neighbourghood and you might find something they are also called Shiritaki noodle I think good luck!
Thanks a million Flora
Old 08-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucree View Post
Good Morning All,

I was so excited about starting IP today, I was up at 3 AM, my mind racing about my hopes and also my doubts. My short-term goal is to fit back into some of my clothes by the holidays. As I understand it, I am not supposed to exercise to hard in the beginning of this program, so I will take daily walks during my lunch break. I had the chocolate drink this morning for breakfast around 8am. It's now 11H22am and I just had a Crystal Light with the pills (vitamins etc..) Lunch will be Tuna + Spinach + Lettuce.
Are you switching your protein meal to lunches? Funny, I never considered it. I always have my protein at dinner! It would make it easier at work without people commenting on the IP products though. My coworkers know I'm always eating weird and on some sort of special diet, so they are pretty lax about giving me grief.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #39  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone know where I could order the miracle noodles without having to order 10 or more packages? I'd like to try them before I make that much of a commitment lol.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattoS View Post
Hey all,
I'm totally new to this whole thing, but I thought this site could be the support I needed to finally shed the weight and keep it off.

As of now, I've been currently living overseas for the past two years and I have seen my weight fluctuate so much, I'm at loss of what to do. Before leaving the states after college graduation, I weighed 139lbs. Starting at 200+lbs, in my last year of college: I joined a gym, walked my dog everyday for an hour (sometimes jogging), did sit-ups, crunches, yoga and basic belly dancing, and of course I ate smaller-healthier portions. So its easy to see how I lost the weight.
But sadly, being overseas means a change in diet, the amount of time and availabily to exercise when free, and of coure the stress load from work. I know I've fallen off the horse, blaming the stated reasons and myself, and I've tried so many things to get back down to the size I was before I left. I'm a confessed yo-yo dieter and I want to stop.

I would like to reach my goal of 130lbs.
I'm interested in any and all (healthy) suggestions and/or opinions.

Please and Thank you.
Hi KattoS! This is a good site for support for lifetime eating changes. When you get close to your goal, look at the life after phase 1 for comments from people maintaining their loss.

As to yo-yo dieting, I have a few thoughts. You know the saying, every pound has a story? I think for permanent weight loss, we need to consider the reasons we eat poorly and gain. And it's a little different for everyone. Do you eat when stressed? Do you eat when depressed? Do you eat when lonely? do you eat when you feel guilty or ashamed? do you eat when your feeling overwhelmed? When is food your "go to"? also, What thoughts or beliefs do we have about food? Thoughts like "I could never be happy without sweets." or "I could never go out with so and so without drinking." If we want permanent weight loss we have to change our thinking, identify our personal problem spots and find solutions.

Some psycho babble stuff, I know!
Three other thoughts about changing our thinking that have been rolling around in my mind as well.

1. We have to appreciate and care for ourselves. Shame, hating the way we look never lasts for the long hall. It leads to starving ourselves, then pigging out. You have to love yourself enough eat well and make positive changes not just to look better, but for health and to live longer. What do you like about yourself? What about life are you excited about that makes you want to live longer and enjoy life to the fullest? Do you believe you deserve to be a thinner healthier person? Better to eat to lose weight because you deserve to be healthy and active, then to punish yourself with less food because you've overindulged and are "fat." Self hatred and shame are terrible long term motivators, especially for women.

2. Kill the perfectionist in you! I mean this primarily for maintenance, after phase 1. I am surrounded with people in my family who are either jogging every day and eating perfect and losing weight like crazy, or eating anything and everything and not exercising at all, talking about when they'll eventually "get back on track." If they have a few days or weeks that are "off" sometimes it takes a whole year before they are back "on." If all you have time for is 10 min of exercise 2x this week, then do it, without feeling like it's a waste. I say this mainly for the maintenance phase, as phase 1 of this diet isn't for vigorous exercise. Actually, for phase 1, you have to be pretty uptight about following protocol, too. So this advice is mainly for "real life."

3. Don't let your life be about weight. Don't let movement on the scale or compliments about what you look like be the only thing you have to be excited about. When it doesn't happen, (and sometimes it won't) it can be a real killer. And it will make you want to quit. Enjoy who you are and where your at and let weight loss be the icing on the cake.

I have not "arrived." I am working through this issues continually. That's why they are so readily on my mind!

Kelley
Old 08-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Does anyone know where I could order the miracle noodles without having to order 10 or more packages? I'd like to try them before I make that much of a commitment lol.
Rachel-

I bought some at Suzannes Natural Foods in Joplin. They are in the refrigerator section.

Elle
Old 08-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #42  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
Hi KattoS! This is a good site for support for lifetime eating changes. When you get close to your goal, look at the life after phase 1 for comments from people maintaining their loss.

As to yo-yo dieting, I have a few thoughts. You know the saying, every pound has a story? I think for permanent weight loss, we need to consider the reasons we eat poorly and gain. And it's a little different for everyone. Do you eat when stressed? Do you eat when depressed? Do you eat when lonely? do you eat when you feel guilty or ashamed? do you eat when your feeling overwhelmed? When is food your "go to"? also, What thoughts or beliefs do we have about food? Thoughts like "I could never be happy without sweets." or "I could never go out with so and so without drinking." If we want permanent weight loss we have to change our thinking, identify our personal problem spots and find solutions.

Some psycho babble stuff, I know!
Three other thoughts about changing our thinking that have been rolling around in my mind as well.

1. We have to appreciate and care for ourselves. Shame, hating the way we look never lasts for the long hall. It leads to starving ourselves, then pigging out. You have to love yourself enough eat well and make positive changes not just to look better, but for health and to live longer. What do you like about yourself? What about life are you excited about that makes you want to live longer and enjoy life to the fullest? Do you believe you deserve to be a thinner healthier person? Better to eat to lose weight because you deserve to be healthy and active, then to punish yourself with less food because you've overindulged and are "fat." Self hatred and shame are terrible long term motivators, especially for women.

2. Kill the perfectionist in you! I mean this primarily for maintenance, after phase 1. I am surrounded with people in my family who are either jogging every day and eating perfect and losing weight like crazy, or eating anything and everything and not exercising at all, talking about when they'll eventually "get back on track." If they have a few days or weeks that are "off" sometimes it takes a whole year before they are back "on." If all you have time for is 10 min of exercise 2x this week, then do it, without feeling like it's a waste. I say this mainly for the maintenance phase, as phase 1 of this diet isn't for vigorous exercise. Actually, for phase 1, you have to be pretty uptight about following protocol, too. So this advice is mainly for "real life."

3. Don't let your life be about weight. Don't let movement on the scale or compliments about what you look like be the only thing you have to be excited about. When it doesn't happen, (and sometimes it won't) it can be a real killer. And it will make you want to quit. Enjoy who you are and where your at and let weight loss be the icing on the cake.

I have not "arrived." I am working through this issues continually. That's why they are so readily on my mind!

Kelley
Well said... and this is coming from someone who has been there, done it and is now trying to maintain it leading a happy healthy lifestyle, I do keep myself in check (scale, cloths) but it doesnt define me, I know what I can and cant do so it will never get out of control again.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #43  
1/5/11

KelleyAnn, our weightloss is very similar. How long have you been on IP? Also, have you noticed your weight-loss slowing at all? I'm 5"3 though so I'm sure you're already in your "ideal BMI" range. I need to be between 125 and 135ish 140. 3 great things to think about from your last post btw. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #44  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Rachel-

I bought some at Suzannes Natural Foods in Joplin. They are in the refrigerator section.

Elle
Thanks Elle, I'm only a 20 minute drive from Joplin and visit frequently!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
People who are not eating healthy feel better about it when everyone joins in! It is just like smoking or drinking, it's true. Nobody likes to be reminded that they're making poor choices. Especially when you're losing weight and looking better every day. hence, the comments, "you're not losing any more weight are you?" This happens even when you are not rubbing anybody's nose it in and just trying to mind your own business.

To Everyone: Don't let the other crabs pull you back down in the pot!

You are all amazing!!!

Kelley
Closed Thread