Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #16  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! had my second WI yesterday... down 17 pounds in 2 weeks... im quite excited.. Ive never lost so quickly - and given the amount I need to loose.. its good for my sanity! - my new problem is...finding the clothes that have an ok fit now...but what a pleasant problem I hope I can loose 3 more by next week (my bday!) -20 would be a nice gift!

I ordered some Miracle noodles 2 days ago.. and asked my coach if we were allowed he didnt know the noodles but saw no objection...you don't see me smilling.. but it means...more meals variety!!!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Friday...

Oh yeah... in a week from now im leaving on vacation to visit family...lots of planning to do to stick with the program but my family is quite supportive! It should all work out!

Kudos to all of you its nice to see our bodies changing even if its an hassel to get bras...or reg clothes to fit...
Old 08-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261.3/253/200

Height: 5.3

Default First Day

Good Morning All,

I was so excited about starting IP today, I was up at 3 AM, my mind racing about my hopes and also my doubts. My short-term goal is to fit back into some of my clothes by the holidays. As I understand it, I am not supposed to exercise to hard in the beginning of this program, so I will take daily walks during my lunch break. I had the chocolate drink this morning for breakfast around 8am. It's now 11H22am and I just had a Crystal Light with the pills (vitamins etc..) Lunch will be Tuna + Spinach + Lettuce.

talk to you all later, I will post at the end of the day and let you know how it went. I am really glad I found this forum. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to read my post.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...E9H/weight.png
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #18  

Good Morning Flora,

WOW CONGRATS!!! You give me hope. You're right, indeed, finding clothes that fit because you've lost weight is def. a nice problem to have.

If you don't mind me asking: what are Miracle Noodles? Never heard of it!

Keep up the good work!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...E9H/weight.png[/img]
Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #19  

Smile Ketosis and ketostix (or ketosticks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
I seem to be out of ketosis.....I think i'm doing everything right....what can be doing this? Or do the sticks just turn at a certain time of day?
I haven't used the ketostix. Here's what some others have said -- they've followed the Phase 1 program exactly and had the symptoms of ketosis (no cravings, low hunger, metallic bad breath) but never "peed purple" on the ketostix. Do you have the symptoms I listed? Are you losing pounds and/or inches? If yes, there's nothing to worry about.

Trying to remember ... did you post about weighing daily? If so, have you transferred to a new "obsession"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucree View Post
Sucree, images and tickers you post won't show up until you've been here for 21 days and made 20 posts. Here's the information when you've served your "probation" http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-27-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I haven't used the ketostix. Here's what some others have said -- they've followed the Phase 1 program exactly and had the symptoms of ketosis (no cravings, low hunger, metallic bad breath) but never "peed purple" on the ketostix. Do you have the symptoms I listed? Are you losing pounds and/or inches? If yes, there's nothing to worry about.

Trying to remember ... did you post about weighing daily? If so, have you transferred to a new "obsession"?

Sucree, images and tickers you post won't show up until you've been here for 21 days and made 20 posts. Here's the information when you've served your "probation" http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html
Thank you Meandmax. I thought I was going crazy with the ticker .
Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #21  

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Hey all! I ordered some Miracle noodles 2 days ago.. and asked my coach if we were allowed he didnt know the noodles but saw no objection...you don't see me smilling.. but it means...more meals variety!!! I
Miracle Noodles??? I haven't heard of them either! But I just googled them! Oh my goodness! I must look at these! http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

Thank you!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #22  

Does anyone know where less expensive yet comparable vitamins can be purchased? The IP ones are too expensive for me. In addition to the required ones, I am also taking the Anti-oxy and the Omega 3. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #23  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
New to this forum and new to Ideal Protein. Thought it would be good to join a group. I'm on my 3rd day of this diet and so far it is going good. I've tried all sorts of diets before and I know this is going to be the one that WORKS for me.

I love to read all of the support on this board!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #24  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Hello everyone!
New to this forum and new to Ideal Protein. Thought it would be good to join a group. I'm on my 3rd day of this diet and so far it is going good. I've tried all sorts of diets before and I know this is going to be the one that WORKS for me.

I love to read all of the support on this board!
Welcome to the forum. You will LOVE LOVE LOVE IP!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #25  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelliott View Post
Does anyone know where less expensive yet comparable vitamins can be purchased? The IP ones are too expensive for me. In addition to the required ones, I am also taking the Anti-oxy and the Omega 3. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
there was a thread on that and perhaps it needs to be added to a sticky or something to stay on top but here you go

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...pplements.html
Old 08-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #26  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucree View Post
Good Morning Flora,

WOW CONGRATS!!! You give me hope. You're right, indeed, finding clothes that fit because you've lost weight is def. a nice problem to have.

If you don't mind me asking: what are Miracle Noodles? Never heard of it!

Keep up the good work!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...E9H/weight.png[/img]

Thx There is hope.. that's for sure... btw.. im only 2.5 hrs from you (Gatineau).

Miracle noodles ....www.miraclenoodle.com check the site out.. I had then before and liked them, its not like regular noodles but it does the trick just fine... after ordering them online I found a store in Ottawa that carries them I will check it out - But do a research for store in ur neighbourghood and you might find something they are also called Shiritaki noodle I think good luck!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #27  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Thank you!

Thanks, Bev, for sharing this with me. Your results are fabulous and I hope to follow in your lead! I'm 5' 3.5" so just about your height as well! How much did your friend lose who ate the two meals fairly regularly? I'm thinking that option will help me keep my focus - especially when my mind starts to wander!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I officially started Phase 2 after I lost 80% of the weight, but yes I did occasionally have meat instead of a protein packet when I was out during Phase 1. I usually ate grilled chicken when I did that. My friend who did the diet with me did this all the time and her losses stayed steady.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #28  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

no, it was not me with the weighing in obsession. For the most part, I have the ketosis signs............except for about one hour ago....went out to do my groceries and i had a sudden craving for fast food like you would not beleive....it took everything for me to drive home without making a pitstop....it was at the point where i was praticly in tears...like that is up with that!! but i managed to make it home..thank god i had a ready made pudding in the fridge, i hurried and grabbed that and savored every bite.....now for the vegies...wow...this can get really hard at times.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:
Miracle noodles ....www.miraclenoodle.com check the site out.. I had then before and liked them, its not like regular noodles but it does the trick just fine... after ordering them online I found a store in Ottawa that carries them I will check it out - But do a research for store in ur neighbourghood and you might find something they are also called Shiritaki noodle I think good luck!

Can you tell me where you found them....I'm in Ottawa too.

Tanks

Last edited by melaniestf; 08-27-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #30  

Default I can have a salad without hearing about it!!!!

Ok, so I am having my first lunch on IP: tuna + green salad, and am sitting in the kitchen with my co-workers. We're talking carbs galore here: everyone is having fries; it's Friday, so they wanted to go a little crazy I guess (McDonalds regular frieds, Kojax thick fries etc..)

All of a sudden I am the center of attention because I am having a salad, and because I am not interested in tasting their fries. They kept offering every 2 minutes, and clearly stated they wanted to see how long I woudl hold my ground.

Here's the funny part. I didn't tell anyone I was on IP, I was just trying to @#!@#! enjoy my salad. Regular people can't have salads? What is this? Any suggestions, anyone encountered this kind of behavior from friends/family/coworkers. I am thinking of switching my lunch break to 1pm, when most people have eaten their lunch and left the kitchen.

Ventingly yours,
Closed Thread