Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #76  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Gabby, exchanging that packet will probably increase your losses. No guarantees, but the bars do increase your carbs.

Forget the yoga....I'm opting for the sex!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Nice job with the AVATAR!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #77  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

quick hello... I haven't read wed or thursday's postings yet.. my lap top was just updated and is now taking longer to load each page to read.. grrr.

I had dental work monday so mouth/gums are very sore ( thank God for IP puddings) I have had a migraine for 5 days now,,no releif no matter what meds I take... barometric weather changes, stress, being over tired and emotional.. ( did drop another 2 pounds so far) AND I had my first cheat tonight.. 2 slices of amy's organic frozen no cheese roasted veggie pizza- yes it was delicious! Tommorrow I scheduled a mass for my nephew ( 1 yr anniv of his shocking murder).. we may go to breakfast after mass, I am planning veggie omelet only.. Just a tough week.. head still throbbing!!!!!!!!!!!
wish I could cry for relief..
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
is there another way to get collegen in, I dont like the jello and I don't want to take the powder stuff they offer. Do you know if there is a pill I can pick up in canada?
Up in BC we have Collegene, another product you can buy from your coach, it is in a bottle you take 1Tbsp daily and it tastes like raspberry syrup, beats jelly and pom drink.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #79  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm Svelting.....love the avatar and my DH is eternally grateful!!!! LOL
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

It's good to hear all the successes. First my good news--my doctor said I'm not diabetic. Blood work shows that my blood sugar while still a little high is in the normal range--YAY! And I have lost 12.5 lbs as of Tuesday. Official weigh-in is tomorrow am, so we'll see if anything has happened this week since I weighed at the doctor's office on Tuesday am.

I have determined to be "good" a la IP bootcamp, because I'm not seeing the kind of losses I was hoping for. So far I haven't used any alternative foods, but I have been having an extra packet, or an extra whole egg, an occasional glug of milk, that sort of thing to get me through the days, since I'm trying to avoid the restricted items. But I have SO much to lose that it would be much better if I could fill up a bit on some stuff that won't add either fat or carbs. I've been eating radishes, but as the weather cools I know I'm not going to be able to face much more than a single salad a day in the way of raw veggies.

I have to admit that I'm struggling rather more than a bit tonight. I am really hungry. Today's one of the few days I've managed to stick to the 3 packages only. My problem is when I get really hungry I get a headache, and I've been scarfing down extra-strength acetaminophen tablets pretty regularly on the 3 weeks I've been doing IP. Although regular headaches are normal for me, I was hoping this would change as my blood sugar evened out and stabilized.

I've been looking at alternative food products, as a possible solution to this hunger, which I think may be due in part to the lack the soluble fibre I'm used to. It's hard to look at grocery lists when you're really hungry! I'm finding myself confused about whether to use some of them--how can they be real if they have 0 cal, 0 carbs, 0protein, 0 fat--what's holding them together? For example, the WF peanut butter. How can it have all those zeros? I almost get it with the Miracle Noodles and that they are mostly made of gelatin-like soluble fibre, but the PB just sounds too good to be true.

So, I have some questions: how much do you guys use things like zero calorie foods on program? Every meal? Every day? Twice a week? Have you noticed any ill effects? Does it affect weight loss? Do you feel good when you eat these things or is it sort of a compromise like using artificial sweeteners? I'm planning a trip to the Low Carb Grocery store in Markham on Saturday, so your input would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Jackie
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
The sugar alchohols in Pure Protein bars are typically maltitol and sorbitol. I verified that is the case with the Strawberry Shortcake bar.
Thanks for checking. Maltitol is also in the IP bars. It tends to raise blood sugar and spike hunger. Sorbitol can cause gastrointestinal distress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning everyone, i have a question....can I substitute one lunch IP packet for some egg beaters with vegies?
Yes. Or just have 2 eggs or 1 egg plus 3 whites with the veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
I keep reading that people have been using other products that cost a bit less, I was wondering if your coaches get mad or are you doing this on your own? Where are you able to get this product and what about supplements? Can you get regular supplements from a store instead? It is a little pricey and sometimes I feel I ask her questions and she doesnt really know the answers, thank god for this site!! Any suggestions would be awesome!!
Check out the Alternative Sticky here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html. I started using alternatives after 2-3 weeks on IP. I bought packets from Lindora online at www.lindora.com. You have to check out the ingredients and carbs carefully before ordering. IP products tend to have higher protein and fewer carbs. I also use NOW whey protein isolate in natural unflavored as well as vitamins from www.ourhealthcoop.com. The regional IP rep actually sold me ourhealthcoop's vitamins at IP vitamin prices so I didn't feel bad about calling the phone number on the bottle and getting them at a third of my original cost. My coach didn't say anything to me, but I really wouldn't have cared if she had. I didn't need their services any longer after that. I managed to lose 50 pounds in 4 1/2 months doing IP with alternatives.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #82  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I like the WF peanut butter. It didn't affect my weight loss. There is nothing to affect. LOL I use it on celery. Really helped me through those first couple months. I am planning on getting back on that wagon. Cut up the celery and have it ready for those moments when I really need something extra. The bars have got to go.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #83  

Default Eternally ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
my DH is eternally grateful!!!! LOL
Eternally grateful, eh? Sounds like an annuity to me.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi All,

It's good to hear all the successes. First my good news--my doctor said I'm not diabetic. Blood work shows that my blood sugar while still a little high is in the normal range--YAY! And I have lost 12.5 lbs as of Tuesday. Official weigh-in is tomorrow am, so we'll see if anything has happened this week since I weighed at the doctor's office on Tuesday am.

I have determined to be "good" a la IP bootcamp, because I'm not seeing the kind of losses I was hoping for. So far I haven't used any alternative foods, but I have been having an extra packet, or an extra whole egg, an occasional glug of milk, that sort of thing to get me through the days, since I'm trying to avoid the restricted items. But I have SO much to lose that it would be much better if I could fill up a bit on some stuff that won't add either fat or carbs. I've been eating radishes, but as the weather cools I know I'm not going to be able to face much more than a single salad a day in the way of raw veggies.

I have to admit that I'm struggling rather more than a bit tonight. I am really hungry. Today's one of the few days I've managed to stick to the 3 packages only. My problem is when I get really hungry I get a headache, and I've been scarfing down extra-strength acetaminophen tablets pretty regularly on the 3 weeks I've been doing IP. Although regular headaches are normal for me, I was hoping this would change as my blood sugar evened out and stabilized.

I've been looking at alternative food products, as a possible solution to this hunger, which I think may be due in part to the lack the soluble fibre I'm used to. It's hard to look at grocery lists when you're really hungry! I'm finding myself confused about whether to use some of them--how can they be real if they have 0 cal, 0 carbs, 0protein, 0 fat--what's holding them together? For example, the WF peanut butter. How can it have all those zeros? I almost get it with the Miracle Noodles and that they are mostly made of gelatin-like soluble fibre, but the PB just sounds too good to be true.

So, I have some questions: how much do you guys use things like zero calorie foods on program? Every meal? Every day? Twice a week? Have you noticed any ill effects? Does it affect weight loss? Do you feel good when you eat these things or is it sort of a compromise like using artificial sweeteners? I'm planning a trip to the Low Carb Grocery store in Markham on Saturday, so your input would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Jackie
Jackie I was told by my coach that you can have up to 5 IP packets a day and it won't hurt your weight lose, in fact it could speed it up. I think that adding an extra IP packet would be better than looking for other foods not on Phase 1 protocol.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Hi All,

Many thanks,
Jackie
Hi, Jackie, sorry you're having such a struggle with the hunger. I was told when you're really hungry, have extra protein. I use the Walden Farms products just about every day even on maintenance. I use the pancake syrup on the protein pancakes I still make. I also use the barbecue sauce and the salad dressings. I haven't used the peanut butter spread for a while, but it really helped me during Phase 1--celery dipped in it. It doesn't really taste the same as peanut butter, but it's fine if you don't expect it to. The apple butter tasted like canned, jellied cranberry sauce, which I happen to really like. And I use the chocolate syrup in whey protein shakes. If you like sweet pickles, try the Mt. Olive no sugar added sweet gherkins, sweetened with Splenda.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Journeysend and Bev, thank you for your replies. Both very helpful. As you suggest, I will have another packet before bed, because the headache isn't going away, so I really do need to eat something. My coach mentioned something about not eating after 8pm, but I wonder if that's a hold over from other dieting approaches rather than IP.

Bev, thanks for your info about your experience with WF products. I've always been a peanut butter person, so I think it would help me too.

I'm feeling much better for sharing my struggles and getting some wise responses--thank you ladies for your good counsel.

Jackie
Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Cortisol is a hormone secreted in response to stress. The endocrine system maintains a delicate balance -- insulin, thyroxine, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, etc. We're changing the amount of insulin secreted by eliminating grains and sugars on IP, thus altering that balance for the better. Stressful experiences and the ensuing increases in cortisol will also affect that balance, usually not for the better and especially not if the stress is sustained. These hormones are so intertwined, it's probably very common that stress slows weight loss.

Your body doesn't know whether the stress is situational, mental, emotional or a physical life-threatening situation. It just knows that something's triggered a stress response. So it reacts to the elevated cortisol: "Hey there's a fierce saber tooth tiger attacking us. Stop whatever you're doing. All hands on deck. And for pity's sake, stop burning the fat we need that energy."

Exercise, meditation, mindfulness, laughter, and sex (well, orgasm) are great stress relievers.

Pookie, I wish I had some suggestions for your situation. Unfortunately I've never had a 3-year-old to toilet train, I've only been one. I'm happy to report that I completed that training successfully!
Wow - you've done your research. Thank you for taking the time to type that all in.

Fabulous avatar!! First time in a long time I've laughed out loud while reading something on the computer.

With regards to potty training, I've gotten suggestions up the yang from everyone and their dog. Here's my suggestion for all future mothers: USE CLOTH DIAPERS (I didn't) - it means a bit more washing, unless you use a diaper service, BUT your child potty trains him/herself by the time they are 2!!!!! I'm so sick of bodily functions. Argggggggh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Jackie I was told by my coach that you can have up to 5 IP packets a day and it won't hurt your weight lose, in fact it could speed it up. I think that adding an extra IP packet would be better than looking for other foods not on Phase 1 protocol.
Wow - has anyone else heard this? I would love to have 4 packets a day.... am I really allowed to have 4?? That would make things so much more enjoyable.

Quote:
Bev, thanks for your info about your experience with WF products. I've always been a peanut butter person, so I think it would help me too.
I have tried the WF Caesar and ranch dressings. I found the Caesar to have a rubbery quality to it, and the ranch to be rather liquidy and just not worth it. But, it could be just me.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #88  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chelle -- thanks for agreeing with me. saw others post that the site is very very slow too. between the slowness and having to switch from day to day trying to find old posts you want to answer, it's just not working for me... and I do think having this site has been enormously helpful over the 6 months just to talk about the diet! No one I know wants to hear that much about it (and neither would I). Feeling a little lost--oh well, hope you have a wonderful trip too and that we can chat about it in late September.
Still trying to decide what food to take with me. Using the phase 2 protocol I think. Maybe take a bar and one package for each day??? Really don't want to have that many bars, however. What's your plan?
My coach had me start Phase 2 for 2 weeks, then Phase 3 for 2 weeks. Rather than go to Phase 4 during my 2 week trip she suggested I stay on Phase 3 so I have more room for cheats. She promises I won't gain more than 3 lbs.

I started Phase 2 on Saturday (8/22) but its been hard, I'm hungry for the first time in 6.5 months. I can't believe that having a 5 oz. chicken breast instead of an IP soup or chocolate rtd would make me hungry. Surprisingly, I started dropping a little more weight than I have been. Maybe it will be good for me to do this, shake things up a little.

I'm planning on a bar or the sea salt chips for each excursion day because I will be doing a lot of walking. I will space it out, 1/8 - 1/4 every few hours or if I get light headed. Phase 3 is 1 IP and the only ones I can bring are the drink packages. It will be nice to have a break from the other IP products, and it should reinvigorate me to jump back into Phase 1 when I get back. I hope!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Just experienced an NSV - trying to find out what to wear to work tomorrow. Tried on some jeans that were hand me downs last year from my sister-in-law. Never could even get them over my thighs because they are a junior size. THEY FIT - and they are stretchy so I am going to wear them tomorrow. Fun to be wearing a size 18 without a W behind it.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Hi all. So great to hear about all the wt loss - just think, collectively we are making the world a lighter place
Some comments after reading posts:
A way I've found to meet vegetable requirements without having it see so much- is I shred my cabbage, broccoli, etc, so that 1 cup is actually about 2 and I chop up my spinach - I measure 1 cup, then by the time I cut it up - it takes up about 1/2 a cup of space.
I don't mind the WF ranch - thought the bacon dressing was yuck and the Asian isn't bad - but I use very little. The recipe with olive oil, vinegar, sweeter, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic and chili pepper has become my favorite dressing - especially on cabbage. I've not found the peanut butter to be that great - okay in a vanilla shake, but I might have expected too much. It is interesting how we all like different things.
When you buy something to wear in a month - you may want to check on fit a little sooner - I find my body size is changing different than just a size per 10 pounds-and a couple of things have become too big faster than I thought they would. It is great to buy new underwear - makes a big difference in how you feel and how clothes fit.
I had the most interesting experience with my WI today: Coach is gone tomorrow so I had to weigh in a day early and at noon instead of 6:30 am. I was down 4 pounds by the clinic scale and only 1 by mine. I usually see a 1lb difference, but not 4 - I'm gong to just believe and enjoy the loss - I've worked hard for it.
When I get board, I just try to keep in mind that I've come so far- I don't want to quit now.
Thanks to all who post and share - you inspire me!
Jean
Closed Thread