Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 179/176/130

Height: 5'7"

I just started the IP diet a few days ago and am having a hard time of it so far. Any suggestions to help me on my journey? I could really use some support. I'm going it alone right now. It's always been very difficult for me to stick to diets in the past. My mom recommended IP for me, and I hope I can stick to it!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddieabq View Post
I just started the IP diet a few days ago and am having a hard time of it so far. Any suggestions to help me on my journey? I could really use some support. I'm going it alone right now. It's always been very difficult for me to stick to diets in the past. My mom recommended IP for me, and I hope I can stick to it!
Welcome to the forum and IP !! You will find lots of support here. The first few days are rough but after the third day you should start to feel better. Make sure you drinking lots of water and if you have a headache some sea salt mixed with water does wonders !! Good Luck you can do this. It is mind over matter keep telling yourself you can do it and you will succeed.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

This is the first week that I did not loose anything. I have been stressed this week and a little anxious about a up coming family birthday party/vacation. Can stress play such a big role in weight loss? I am going to start walking tonight. I hope that helps. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
What problems are you having? Hunger, headaches, nausea, tiredness? Give a little more info so we can answer you specific issue. You will find lots of valuable information and support here. Welcome!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

[QUOTE=It's not that much fun to be around drinkers when you aren't one of them. I have done it a lot! And I get bored pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thank you fro saying that! I seem to not like some of my friends so much when I'm not drinking. Oy, yoy, yoy.

Mary
Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #66  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
This is the first week that I did not loose anything. I have been stressed this week and a little anxious about a up coming family birthday party/vacation. Can stress play such a big role in weight loss? I am going to start walking tonight. I hope that helps. Does anyone have any ideas?
I am no authority, but I had a really stressful week last week with research paper deadlines and went up .5lb. This week is finals for me and I'm just trying to stay as relaxed as possible avoid the restricted packets on my bad days. If I behave, I should take my last final tonight, but I'm not sure that is going to happen yet.

Chemically, yes, stress can affect weight loss and I suspect that might be doubly true with this diet where we are already putting a fair amount of stress on our bodies.

Find what you can for your outlet. Mine are reading (non-school books) and prayer and that seems to be helping.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I've read here that some coaches do allow crystal light, but mine doesn't. I told my doc that I'd tried some Arizona lemonade sweetened with Splenda, and he stated that it should be fine unless it started to impact my weight loss.

Crystal Light powdered mix has aspartame, but the premade Crystal Light bottles are sweetened with Splenda. Another option would be Powerade Zero, which is also sweetened with sucralose. I'd steer clear of aspartame.
SALESGOD: Thanks for your input, I think I will steer clear of anything with aspartame...don't want to take any chances on slowly down weight lose now that I am back on track!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #68  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Pookee.....You have a lot on your plate. WOW. Try cutting up celery and keeping it handy. It satisfies the crunch factor and won't hurt your loss. You can also put some WF peanut butter on it. Sending you willpower!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been pretty busy to check in here so I am doing it now

all is well, wish I remembered when I started maintenance but it has become a breeze for me. I weigh about 123 and some change now. Not trying to lose weight anymore but it seems that body has finally kicked in at this old age and knows how to take care of itself. i am actually seeing muscle tone all over my body which is just amazing. Basic eating habit has basically been, breakfast, lunch with zero slow carbs and a nice dinner with good protein and some slow carb. Been having my glass(es) wine and my few pieces of fruit per day.

basically its all good, and hoping to check back in a while still weighing the same.

Thanks pitakitten for checking in! It is so encouraging to hear from people who have met their goal, are living and eating successfully in real life. It's where we all hope to be! It's so wonderful to hear it's possible, after all the false starts and disappointments in other weight loss arenas.

Kelley
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
I am having a hard time - my external stressors (unpacked house, and a 1 and 3 year old) are REALLY pressing on my nerves. I just had a liquid cheat (so sorry but I was/am losing my mind with toilet training and trying to be a positive parent). I am so NOT done losing weight, but I just feel so DONE emotionally. So, what do I do?? Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
This is the first week that I did not loose anything. I have been stressed this week and a little anxious about a up coming family birthday party/vacation. Can stress play such a big role in weight loss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I am no authority, but I had a really stressful week last week with research paper deadlines and went up .5lb.
Cortisol is a hormone secreted in response to stress. The endocrine system maintains a delicate balance -- insulin, thyroxine, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, etc. We're changing the amount of insulin secreted by eliminating grains and sugars on IP, thus altering that balance for the better. Stressful experiences and the ensuing increases in cortisol will also affect that balance, usually not for the better and especially not if the stress is sustained. These hormones are so intertwined, it's probably very common that stress slows weight loss.

Your body doesn't know whether the stress is situational, mental, emotional or a physical life-threatening situation. It just knows that something's triggered a stress response. So it reacts to the elevated cortisol: "Hey there's a fierce saber tooth tiger attacking us. Stop whatever you're doing. All hands on deck. And for pity's sake, stop burning the fat we need that energy."

Exercise, meditation, mindfulness, laughter, and sex (well, orgasm) are great stress relievers.

Pookie, I wish I had some suggestions for your situation. Unfortunately I've never had a 3-year-old to toilet train, I've only been one. I'm happy to report that I completed that training successfully!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-26-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Wow. Thanksm I'm Selvelting!, for the great information. I think I am going to start back doing Yoga. It really helped me. By the way, if I cut out the one daily restricted bar and have another different packet in it's place would that help me in my weight loss?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Re: Site loading speed

It's not a site issue. I can flip from page to page really quickly even with my options set to see all avatars, images and signatures. Try clearing your browser cache. If you don't know how, check the help menu of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
Thanks for the tip. I actually do this every night before I shut down my computer as a matter of habit. Anyway, I just did it again and that is not solving my problem. Are you using Internet Explorer 8?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #73  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Gabby, exchanging that packet will probably increase your losses. No guarantees, but the bars do increase your carbs.

Forget the yoga....I'm opting for the sex!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Quote:
maddie - This is day 8 for me, and I was surprised that I had such a tough time the first few days, since I've done low carb before. It does pass, and you'll feel much better -- especially after your weigh-in!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Thanks for the tip. I actually do this every night before I shut down my computer as a matter of habit. Anyway, I just did it again and that is not solving my problem. Are you using Internet Explorer 8?
Nah, I avoid the e as much as possible. Primarily I use two little known browsers: "Iron" based on Google Chrome; and Prism, an extension to Firefox that creates site specific browsers.

During times the site is loading really slowly, go to your User CP, Edit Options and select not to show the Signatures, Avatars and Images. Then each page has fewer kb to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Forget the yoga....I'm opting for the sex!!!!
Tell the ravishee that I welcome expressions of gratitude for my suggestions, and that cash, cheque and all major credit cards are accepted.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-26-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Closed Thread