Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Thanks!! Brandon and I have been together for 7 years now. We're (finally) getting married next summer. It's definately hard with him being in afghanistan (you think I would be used to him being away by now!) but I just try not to think about it. I just continue on with my days as usual. Might sound selfish but it works for me. I can't believe he will be home in 5 days!! I don't even let myself think about that, because then I won't be able to sleep... One day at a time! Because those days turn into weeks, which turn into months!
Oh how exciting that your fiance will be home soon!! Enjoy your time with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

A picture's worth a thousand words so here's a screen shot:

I'll put this in the daily first post thread and in tips for newbies.
Great advice! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
And although I like my username, I've finally come up with one that really describes me on IP and fits my sense of humour. Off to make the request!
Gee, I kinda like this one. Next one better be really smashing.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #78  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Kelsey, sorry about the position, but I am sure something "better" will come along. That doesn't mean it will be another position, but something will happen that wouldn't have if you had gotten that position. Things happen for a reason..... Hugs!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #79  

Hey

How is everyone doing ? Did I miss something ?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Hey

Welcome back!!! Tell us all about your road trip, please (I love hearing about others vacations). Yes, you missed lots - you've got a lot of reading to catch up on. Main thing is we've switched to a daily chat thread. Lots of fantastic newbies also!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 192/178/149

Height: 5'8

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to order wf or other 0/low carb foods in Canada? Thanks so much.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #82  

Default Low-carb and Zero-Carb food Info for Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladybug View Post
Can anyone please point me in the right direction to order wf or other 0/low carb foods in Canada?
A thread our lovely Lady5andy started:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ian-ipers.html
Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #83  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
So...... someone this morning told me soy causes drastic thyroid problems!! Has anyone else seen or heard this research? I don't even know what all that would apply to... the chocolate soy puffs? I'm sure there's much more.

Was told it heightens symptoms in those with hypothyroidism... to avoid completely, which I don't plan on wanting to do...
100% correct. I tried Nutrisystem and after 2 months didn't lose a pound. Found out soy blocks thryoid meds. Nutrisystem is all soy. They knew it too, because they gave me a full refund on all the food I purchased.

I don't eat the IP soy puffs and the 3 entrees because they have soy. Everything else is fine. It is definately slower losing when your hypothyroid, but at least with IP I have had a steady loss for 6.5 months. Just read labels and you'll be fine.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #84  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
The IP clinic that I go to now is 45 minutes away from my home. It is very hard to get to sometimes and if I go after work it can take over 90 minutes to get home in rush hour traffic.

A few of my friends have found clinics close to their homes using the ideal protein centre locator on the IP website.

I went in today and found a clinic 10 minutes from my home !!!

I am torn as I really like my coach and we have established a great relationship but at the same time with school starting up again and the children's activities it will get even harder to see my coach.

I really want to continue IP and feel that being closer will ensure I get there weekly and stay on track.
Honestly, you should do what will best keep you on track! Making a switch was the best thing I could've done personally.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #85  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Wyosun, when I saw your name a few minutes ago I remembered I have not thanked you for giving me some advise about walking. Thanks for responding to my concerns. I am going to take your advice. Hope everyone had a good day, good night. Judy
Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Happiness is .... #1 --

#2 -- Shopping for same cruise with my daughter and DIL and being told -- put down the XLs -- you need a smaller size!

So, even though the pounds aren't melting away, my body is changing and I am looking and feeling better.

Yippee! Thank you everyone for your support, wise words. I love this forum!
You know, the happiest moment for me was when I got into medium shirts -- I can't remember being a real medium...ever. I'm sure I was when I was a teenager, but not in recent memory. Contrats -- keep going, the clothes shopping just gets better (although, follow Novak's advice and don't shop until you have to! Stuff gets too small quickly!)

Quote:
Hey

Hey there Lady! Welcome back! We missed you. BTW, I thought about you while you were gone, I had two people from Quebec staying with me for a few days, it was so fun to listen to them argue in French (and to say sweet things to my dog ... tu es tres jolie!) How was your trip??

Am so full tonight it's hard to choke down that last packet, but I'm going to do it!

Getting ready for my trip tomorrow -- I'm bringing 8 cups of veggies (gone two days) with me so that no matter what, I get them in. I'm also going to bring some carefully packed eggs, and extra packets to eat just in case. I've already checked out the menu of where we're eating tomorrow, and I'm happy to report I'm having the petit Filet Mignon tomorrow night, with a side of veggies, of course.

Some NSV's: Someone who hadn't seen me since May asked me where they could get 1/3 of their body shaved off like I had! I almost said, it's closer to 1/4...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #87  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Update: I was NOT selected for the position. The end. I'm not sad. I'm hardly even disappointed. Thank you all for your support during the process.

Quote:
Hey How is everyone doing ? Did I miss something ?
Welcome back! We missed you!
Closed Thread