Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Default Ip Daily Chat - 8/17/10

Yesterday: Ip Daily Chat - 8/16/10

Good morning everyone! Tuesdays are my WI day and I'm down another 1.3. I'm so impatient but I'm happy for a loss. I've been getting a lot more compliments so it is hard not just to stop and move on, but I'm determined to see this out! At least today.

How is everyone doing?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice...

While Brandon is home from Afghanistan, we are going on a lot of day/night trips and a wedding... I plan on eating the best I can at the wedding with what I am provided, and decided that since our night in niagara falls comes with two vouchers for breakfast I may (still not sure) use that as a cheat as well.. Any advice on pre-cheat protocol? I have yet to cheat in the 9 weeks I have been doing IP. If I have "real" food for breakfast, should I replace my dinner with an IP packet and veggies? Any suggestions would be great... I am still 50/50 about cheating anyways, but just wanna get some options incase I take the plunge..

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-17-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Hey everyone, just looking for some advice...

While Brandon is home from Afghanistan, we are going on a lot of day/night trips and a wedding... I plan on eating the best I can at the wedding with what I am provided, and decided that since our night in niagara falls comes with two vouchers for breakfast I may (still not sure) use that as a cheat as well.. Any advice on pre-cheat protocol? I have yet to cheat in the 9 weeks I have been doing IP. If I have "real" food for breakfast, should I replace my dinner with an IP packet and veggies? Any suggestions would be great... I am still 50/50 about cheating anyways, but just wanna get some options incase I take the plunge..

My response is a definite enjoy your vacation and wedding and put IP on hold. You have done so well up to now that I am sure you will be like I was on vacation and make good choices 90% of the time. The other 10% will not kill you. I say enjoy and come back to Phase 1 as soon as vacation is over!
You deserve it and you know how to survive it.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #4  

Quote:
Cheat with protein and fats -- skip the carbs! You'll feel more full and you won't eat as many calories as you would if you had carbs. And, you won't have to go through the "low carb flu" of getting to ketosis again. Remember that, 3-4 days of being crabby, cranky, and b!tchy?

You can enjoy the refined carbs on maintenance. Or not, because your taste preferences may have changed!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
[URL="http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/210101-ip-daily-chat-8-16-10-a.html"]

Good morning everyone! Tuesdays are my WI day and I'm down another 1.3.

How is everyone doing?
Good morning Xanthia! Congrats on the continued loss at your WI. Tuesday is my WI day, so we'll see what happens at 3:45. Fingers crossed it's Onderland!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Yesterday: Ip Daily Chat - 8/16/10

Good morning everyone! Tuesdays are my WI day and I'm down another 1.3. I'm so impatient but I'm happy for a loss. I've been getting a lot more compliments so it is hard not just to stop and move on, but I'm determined to see this out! At least today.

How is everyone doing?

Congrats on the loss & compliments ---- you are doing a fanstastic job!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

Thanks guys! I think the thing drawing me to the breakfast most is breakfast sausage... For some reason I have been craving them like mad! I'm sure one bite and I will be turned off of it anyways. And I will definately stay away from the carbs!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #8  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Cheat with protein and fats -- skip the carbs! You'll feel more full and you won't eat as many calories as you would if you had carbs. And, you won't have to go through the "low carb flu" of getting to ketosis again. Remember that, 3-4 days of being crabby, cranky, and b!tchy?

You can enjoy the refined carbs on maintenance. Or not, because your taste preferences may have changed!
i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks guys! I think the thing drawing me to the breakfast most is breakfast sausage... For some reason I have been craving them like mad! I'm sure one bite and I will be turned off of it anyways. And I will definately stay away from the carbs!
Can you incorporate breakfast sausage as your protein in a dinner? Have an egg and sausage as your protein and do breakfast at night! With some roast veggies it would be fab!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Can you incorporate breakfast sausage as your protein in a dinner? Have an egg and sausage as your protein and do breakfast at night! With some roast veggies it would be fab!
That sounds like a great idea, too. I can't eat eggs though because they give me horrible heart burn. But if I did it that way it would only be like "half-cheating".
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

This morning I made and oops. I usually put a packt of chocolate drink mix in my morning coffee. I accidentally grabbed wildberry and startd dumping it in. Almost half the package was in there when I realized it wasn't coming out the right colors. Oops. So I thought I would give it a try and added the chocolate mix anyways. Not to bad! Kinda reminds me of a raspberry mocha. Whew! That could have been horrible!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

just updating my ticker... slow but sure.
Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #13  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Hmmmm....I feel pretty cruddy the last few days. I know my TOM is coming because I am swollen, crabby and my chest hurts so bad, but I still feel like I am slipping a little with my food choices and really need to tighten it up. My scale shows a 3 lb increase but the fat % is still the same, which means it is water weight but I still hate to see it go up. It really does make you aware though and you then can make better choices.

I hope everyone has a great day. Here's some extra willpower for you (Lord knows I need it)

Last edited by carlasherea; 08-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #14  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Survived my first week and was down 5.6 lbs at my first weigh-in! My scale showed more like 7 lbs but I'll take it! My coach is gone for a week so I loaded up with 2 weeks work of food. Feeling much better this week and trying to do lots of positive talk to myself for my good work!!! I love reading about all of your successes on this plan and especially seeing the progress photos. Definitely inspires me to keep going strong!! Thanks for all the great tips and ideas and looking forward to learning and losing more!! :-)
Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #15  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Having a Great day!! I love these energy days!! I can get so much work done Wish every day was so full of power!! Have a great day folks
Closed Thread