Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #31  

Default Progress Photos, Searching the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Where are the Ideal Protein weight loss pictures that were up on the weekend....can't find them anywhere...they were very inspirational....please make them available.
Marilyn, the progress photos are always available. You can either bookmark this link, which will take you to the current last page:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...photos-20.html

Or, search the Ideal Protein Forum using the expression "Progress Photos"
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Or, search the 3fatchicks forum using the expressions "progress photos" and "ideal protein"
Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #32  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Congrats on your successful family reunion!..
I've switched lunch & dinner lots of times throughout my IP experience & mostly for the same reason as yours... I don't like going to bed full, it interrupts my sleep way too much... a shake for supper & a bedtime shake are just right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For anybody who wonders why sea salt is an IP compulsory, take a look at this article, Electrolytes: Understanding Replacement Options...

hugs
thanks for the article.. I saved it!!

congrats to all the weight losses and newbies! This is a great group! Lots of encouragement and smart information!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #33  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Post Aboard At Last

Hi everyone,
I have read your posts for the past several weeks and have been impressed with y'all. I am glad to be aboard and as time goes on I will share info about myself. Don't let my username make you think I am arrogant, I'm not. When I was young I would not have had the nerve to describe myself that way, but now that I am older I guess I can. Oh , yes I will tell my age. I am older than most of you, but I am learning so much from y'all.
I started I.P. on May 25, 2010. I have lost 29 pounds in 12 weeks. That's a 2.4 weekly average, infact almost the same loss every week.
I am enjoying this journey!!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #34  

Apologies for the double post. I'm being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I survived a min vacation weekend with my husband's family for a reunion. We ate out for lunch and dinner and so I either had protein and veggie with a salad or just veggie and salad and ate a bar beforehand if I wasn't eating protein out. It seems to have worked pretty well. My weigh in is tomorrow but my home scale looks like I'm still down a few pounds so I'll take it. ...

Oh and an interesting side note, I have found that I feel much better if I switch the IP lunch and dinner such that I eat my "real food" at lunch. The other way, I kept finding I was feeling stuffed all night and really didn't want that last snack.
You came up with a really workable solution in a challenging situation. Good for you! I have started switching the protein to lunch. At the end of the day, I'd rather mix up a soup or other packet and have it with salad and veggies. It's just faster and easier when I'm tired and hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
4:45 is my weigh/measure this evening - I feel pretty good about it, so I don't think he'll have much to scold me about - no cheats! Plus, I got my exercise ball!
Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I'm hitting a bit of a wall. I feel fatigued and depressed. I don't weigh in this week because of a schedule problem, but I think I'm down about 16 lbs. at four weeks. Which is a great loss. I haven't lost anything the last couple days and I'm struggling with fixing double meals for me and my family, and struggling with just feeling sad. My dr. wondered if my adrenal glands are fatigued. I have had a lot of stress in the last 3 years. Anyway, just struggling in my emotions right now, feeling overwhelmed with my life and unhappy. Every day between 4pm and 8pm I just feel like quitting. I'm not cheating, I'm not giving up, but it's taking all I have to just keep going.
I'm feeling similarly, fatigued and flat. On IP you're no longer prodding the pancreas to produce insulin with the frequency you once did. Your adrenals probably are fatigued from all the "urgent" requests they had related to blood sugar and insulin, in addition to the stress. It's good that you've identified the troublesome time period. Is there any way you can simplify the dinner routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladybug View Post
I had my wi today and I am down another 3.4 lbs - yay! I am now starting week 3 and my coach told me I am allowed to eat 1 restricted package/ day. This seems like a lot - can this be right?
You can eat 3 packets a day, one of them can be a restricted packet. It's not 3 unrestricted + 1 restricted. The difference in calories isn't much (60-70) and the carbs depend on what the restricted item is replacing, could be as many as 14 extra carbs (lemon pudding has 1) to as few as 8 (chocolate drink has 7).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
Yeah!!! I did it==>made it to One-der-Land So after 20 weeks, I have lost 85 lbs. and 42.75 inches. My coach even told me that we'll have to be talking about going to phase 2 before long. EEK! I still have a little over 20 lbs. to go. I am just going to go day by day and weekly weigh-in and try not to get ahead of myself. I have lost TONS of weight, but screwed up big time in maintenance. I.will.do.this. correctly!

I found out this week that, due to the waiver I had signed, they have been using a before and after picture of me in their presentations. My coach did ask if I would consider being in an IP booth with her at a large wedding expo next month. It's been hard work, but I am proud of my accomplishments. If I get a copy of those before/after pictures I'll post them to the forum.
CUSU You must be feeling FANTASTIC! You've had great results and you have a great attitude. Both are inspiring.

I'm really glad my coach didn't take photos. I'd be super annoyed that my photo was being used. What's in it for you to be promoting your coach's business at a wedding expo? I'd be doing some negotiating. I often look at before and afters and wonder "Are that even the same person? How has the after photo been doctored?" Your presence at the show backed up by your photos has WAY more effect than just the photos and will generate more leads and clients. Free packets & supplements for the remainder of your IP stay, or compensation, BABY! Trade shows are tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Had my first WI today, lost 6 lbs Since I'm on weird and modified IP, my "coach" put me on what they call phase 2 but I think it's actually protocol 2 of phase one. I'm going to start eating protein and vegetables at lunch instead of a packet. I'm very excited about this.
Tucker, wonderful first week weight loss! Seeing that kind of number is so encouraging. Hey, try the phase 2 and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, you go back to a packet. No major damage done, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I just got home from my initial consultation - got my goodie bag, and I'm ready to start tomorrow. I love the enthusiasm here!
gibster. Be sure to drink lots of water and to have a packet if you need it. You can "white knuckle" your way through but you don't have to.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #35  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Long day today. To my IP doc this morning-- almost 50 lbs of fat lost. Yes to that! It took 2 cars worth of stuff to get my college sophomore back to school. He lives on the 4th floor of a no elevator (beautiful old) building. I climbed 5 sets of staircases 6 times in 90 something degrees. (bldg was air conditioned but it didn't feel like it on the stairs.) I was carrying stuff each time too like his tv monitor because it was one of the "lighter" choices. So, that was my workout for the day. So glad I did it without getting sick like I did on my bike a few days ago.
Melissa -- how did you do with your son???
Not sure I am crazy about this every day board. What does everyone else think??
Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Congrats, CUSU!!!

I just got home from my initial consultation - got my goodie bag, and I'm ready to start tomorrow. I love the enthusiasm here!
Thanks gibster!!This is a great place to come for support, ideas, recipes,and clarifications of the IP protocol. Good luck with your goodie bag. Keep track of what you like and want to reorder. Welcome to our forum and keep in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Congrats, CUSU. I'm a South Beacher but am most intrigued by this plan and the success I see.
Ruthxxx Thanks! I was intrigued by the plan too. It has been a great experience for me.

LongCoolWoman wrote:

CUSU You must be feeling FANTASTIC! You've had great results and you have a great attitude. Both are inspiring.

-It has really helped me to be a part of this forum. I just lurked for quite a while, but have found out it helps to post. Encouragement and support is so important! I DO feel fantastic and thanks for your kind words.

Pictures:::
What's in it for you to be promoting your coach's business at a wedding expo? I'd be doing some negotiating.

-Well, we didn't get to that part. She's my coach, but she works in my chiropractor's office. They introduced IP as an ongoing concern with wellness (and of course it is a business). Their business is really taking off and I am so pleased that I will do anything I can to help others-which also helps me.

Everyone have a great evening!

CUSU
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Hello everyone...well...i'm on day ONE and surviving. One question i have is....are we alowed any Walden Farms dressings on phase 1?
Yes. All of them.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #38  

Hey all !

Hope everyone is having a great week so far !

Just a quick request - that the next days link be posted before the thread is closed. Thanks !

Cheers to all !
Em Jay
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #39  

Height: 5'8"

hello to all my dear friends,

i have been having a rough week with my grandpa becoming very ill, a cold that's hit my husband and i(and lots of HFCS loaded cough syrup), a stomach bug for my 18 month old and the beginning of phase 4. i'm up 3 lbs to 166 and have been contemplating getting back on phase 1 soon to try to get down to 145 or 150 so i can gain a little back and not stress about it. i am enjoying phase 4, but also miss the security of phase 1(AND I MISS PACKETS! WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT??) i didn't think i'd want to get back on this quickly but i think i can do another 15 lbs in a month or 2.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

IP weigh/measure went well - no scolding and good news!

I'm down another 3.5 pounds and 5.5 inches! WOOHHOOO!!

'Nite, all!

Barbara
Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Good evening all. Had my first WI today and was down 7 lbs.
Doing the happy dance. Will try and check in earlier tomorrow.
Have a good rest of today and a great tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #42  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Long day today. To my IP doc this morning-- almost 50 lbs of fat lost. Yes to that! It took 2 cars worth of stuff to get my college sophomore back to school. He lives on the 4th floor of a no elevator (beautiful old) building. I climbed 5 sets of staircases 6 times in 90 something degrees. (bldg was air conditioned but it didn't feel like it on the stairs.) I was carrying stuff each time too like his tv monitor because it was one of the "lighter" choices. So, that was my workout for the day. So glad I did it without getting sick like I did on my bike a few days ago.
Melissa -- how did you do with your son???
Not sure I am crazy about this every day board. What does everyone else think??
Hey Tricia: I don't like this daily board at all. I usually add where I left off to my favorites so I don't have to backtrack. I already lose you guys due to my tendency to post just before a week is closed.

Anyway, I hope you had an extra protein with your workout. I'm supposed to start Phase 2 on Saturday, but I had really wanted to lose more before then. The scale is not budging. I have hardly lost anything in 2 weeks. Getting discouraged and afraid of my vacation.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

I'm liking the daily thread, as the weekly one was hard to catch up on if you weren't on here for a few days. So Thank you!

Congrats to all the successes! and newbies!

Another WI, down another -7lbs!

I also got a copy of my total inches lost!

From when I started 6/21/10:
Waist= -5.50
Chest= -4.75
Hips= -7.25
Arm= -3.75
Thigh= -4.0

Also got mad props from the DH this weekend about how much I have. We had our 13 yr old cousin over for the weekend. It started w/ the movies and a BIG OL' bag of buttered popcorn , cookie dough bites and then COLD STONE CREAMERY , then and for breakfast the next morning CINNAMON ROLLS.. I was even nice enough to make the rolls for them and all I did was take a quarter size piece of from the and I was content.

If that isn't a NSV, i don't know what is.... so much temptation and in only a 24 hour period of time, damn that kid can eat! and she's tall and skinny!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

A sign you have good friends: They have a dinner party and make kebobs so you can have everything! So nice!! I was really blown away at how sweet a guesture that was. Of course, I had a inkling to measure everything, but was a girl! Weigh in tomoorow
Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 141.5/135.5/130-132?

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
Good evening all. Had my first WI today and was down 7 lbs.
Doing the happy dance. Will try and check in earlier tomorrow.
Have a good rest of today and a great tomorrow!
Congrats!! I think we are on the same schedule
Closed Thread