3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   On Ideal Protein and have not lost a pound in 3 weeks... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/210170-ideal-protein-have-not-lost-pound-3-weeks.html)

dunwitfat 02-12-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riby (Post 3439291)
I was drawn to the diet because it promised 3-7 lb.s weight loss per week. I am STRICTLY following the diet and have not lost a SINGLE pound in the last 3 weeks. I'm HIGHLY discouraged and confused. The diet is ketogenic, meaning the body is forced to burn fat as fuel (this is accomplished by dramatically restricting carbohydrates) and promises that as long as the body has excess fat to burn that plateaus do NOT happen yet her I am; fat, plateaued and UN happy!!! Any other I.P. dieters out there that has had the same experience? If so what did you/your coach have you do to get off the plateau (that is NOT supposed to EXIST!)?

I'm plateaued in my 3rd week and also am very unhappy. I ask my coach - she asks if I'm sticking to the protocol and I am. Then looks at my food journal and doesn't have an answer except you'll start losing again. WHEN? Why bother with the expense and mostly gross food? I'm so discouraged.
But won't give up yet.

wyoangel 02-12-2011 11:31 AM

Lettuce....that is my suggestion. Add it. At least once a day!

I'm svelting! 02-12-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunwitfat (Post 3707923)
I'm plateaued in my 3rd week and also am very unhappy. I ask my coach - she asks if I'm sticking to the protocol and I am. Then looks at my food journal and doesn't have an answer except you'll start losing again. WHEN? Why bother with the expense and mostly gross food? I'm so discouraged.
But won't give up yet.

Why don't you post what you ate for the last 2-3 days, or even a week? Maybe we'll see something you could try.

Adrean 02-14-2011 09:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear that how frustrating! maybe try adding in some light exercise such as walking or yoga and see if that helps?

mlee21 02-28-2011 11:47 PM

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I'm currently into my second week of IP and still going strong.

I was able to lose 15 pounds my first week. 225lbs to 110lbs.

I don't have a coach or anything, but have friends that do and I just put my own twist on things. I have all the instructions/manuals in PDF form that I just ripped off the internet.

I bought all my drink powder mixes off of Lindora and self make all my meals.

All I did was drink a powder mix for breakfast and lunch and for dinner I would have the allowed meal (5oz meat/7oz fish with veggies + lettuce) with my multi vitamins, calc-mag, potass, fish oil. I also did some very light exercise on days that I felt energized enough.

Most important thing to do is keep a journal of your weigh-ins and meals. This is SOOO important as it lets you see what you did on the the days that you shed the most pounds and try to replicate it. It also helped me keep my mind focused on what my goal is.

Hopefully you can find a way to shed those pounds.

SWP 03-01-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunwitfat (Post 3707923)
But won't give up yet.

Do you have your body fat also checked? There was a week where I gained half of a pound but lost 2% body fat....and the next week I ended up with a 5lb loss. You might be gaining muscle - which is good!

longdivision 03-01-2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riby (Post 3440787)
This is what I've been eating for the last 6 days. Prior to this my Doctor had me emphasizing salads for 5 days and prior to that he had me walking 30 min. per day for 3 days. He said he was testing my body to see what it needed/wanted to be able to go to the next level. Breakfast: Ip drink (wildberry yogurt) & vitamins
Lunch: barbq soy puffs & 2 cups steamed broc. caul. w. sea salt
Dinner: I will eat 5 oz. chicken & 2 c. steamed caul. and broc. & vitamins
Snack: choc. pudding.
Water: 1 gallon
This is what I've been eating for the last 6 days. I eat one restricted food a day at my doctors encouragement.

are you getting your daily oil? i don't see it on your list. you need fat to burn fat, so if you aren't getting 1-2 tsp of oil a day, you should start right away. it could make a huge difference in your losses.

Minka 03-01-2011 01:43 PM

Is this normal?

Hi, I am 5'2' and started the IP program last week 02/24/11 weighing in at 152lbs. Breakfast: Wildberry yogurt Lunch: 1 Protien bar or drink and 2 cups of broccoli. Dinner: 5 oz chicken on top of lettuce with 2 cups of broccoli mixed in. I'm drinking all of the water and taking the suppliments. I do smoke and wonder how that effects IP. I've not cheated and have my weigh in tomorrrow. I have weighed myself on my scale at home and haven't lost a pound.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wishing everyone a great IP day!

Minka

Adrean 03-01-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minka (Post 3736760)
Hi, I am 5'2' and started the IP program last week 02/24/11 weighing in at 152lbs. Breakfast: Wildberry yogurt Lunch: 1 Protien bar or drink and 2 cups of broccoli. Dinner: 5 oz chicken on top of lettuce with 2 cups of broccoli mixed in. I'm drinking all of the water and taking the suppliments. I do smoke and wonder how that effects IP. I've not cheated and have my weigh in tomorrrow. I have weighed myself on my scale at home and haven't lost a pound.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wishing everyone a great IP day!

Minka

YOu are missing a protein in there. You are supposed to have a snack at some point during the day. This could be affecting your weight loss

carlasherea 03-01-2011 04:06 PM

I don't think people have noticed that she posted this last August. Probably doesn't apply anymore!

JoEllie 03-01-2011 04:24 PM

Hello, I am glad that someone responded on this topic. I have been looking for a similar thread to get some ideas. I have been on IP since Nov 18th. As of last week, in total, I have lost 36 lbs. I experienced some delays in Dec with having a surgery and so that was explainable. In January I lost another 10 lbs. I was following the protocol faithfully and was hoping for better results. February has been a different story. For 3 weeks, I lost nothing, gained 1lb and lost it the next week. So esssentially no action in those three weeks. I was very frustrated. I found this site and got some ideas.
1. I cut out the bar I was having for snack at night (thus having no restricted foods) to keep my daily carb intake low.
2. I changed by lunch vegetables to only raw food (celery/cucumber)
3. I eliminated cabbage (green). The vote on that was mixed, according to members of this forum.
4. I already drank 72 oz of water per day and increased it to 96 oz.
5. My coach put me on a detox (an IP protocol) thinking my liver and kidneys had become sluggish.
6. And finally I weighed my frozen veggies before cooking so they equalled the 2 cups, thinking that measuring 2 cups cooked was too much.

Well I lost 5 pounds, I was elated. I have kept that up and my scale this morning had me up a pound.

The only medication I take is for thyroid. I am taking the IP supplements.
Is there something I am missing?