3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Pre-made vs packaged pudding (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/209931-pre-made-vs-packaged-pudding.html)

kea66 08-13-2010 10:17 PM

Pre-made vs packaged pudding

I read a lot on here before I started and was able to pick my food on my first appointment. I had read some not so glowing reports on the packets of pudding so choose to go with the pre-made ones. I quite like them and they aren't restricted which is great for that chocolate "craving" I get sometimes.
Are these completely different tasting and texture from the ones you mix up? Anyone compared the two? The premade ones are more expensive and come in packs of 8 but I think they might be worth it based on the posts here.

Linden 08-14-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kea66 (Post 3435867)
I read a lot on here before I started and was able to pick my food on my first appointment. I had read some not so glowing reports on the packets of pudding so choose to go with the pre-made ones. I quite like them and they aren't restricted which is great for that chocolate "craving" I get sometimes.
Are these completely different tasting and texture from the ones you mix up? Anyone compared the two? The premade ones are more expensive and come in packs of 8 but I think they might be worth it based on the posts here.

I use the (lowest carb) puddings all the time and really like them, although I don't eat them as pud. Breakfast: vanilla, chocolate, or butterscotch mixed with 1/2 t coffee + stevia +16 oz filtered water = scrumptious.

gmfuzzy 08-14-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

I just started this past week. The first time I mixed up the choc. pudding it was too thick or something so the next time I added a bit more water and it was great. Same with the vanilla started with more water. Vanilla ended up a little thin like the consistency of cake mix batter and tasted alot like that too. Like both of them with the extra water.

My coach suggested heating the leek soup and pouring it over my veggies, that was very good. The chicken soup was good too warmed up. The choc. drink mix I heat up after it's mixed and it is really good, like a hot chocolate. I added more water for it too so not so thick.

Sweetstina 08-14-2010 11:58 AM

I love the chocolate pudding mix. I have it almost every day. I pre-mix them on the weekend and store them in one-cup containers in the fridge to take with me to work for lunch throughout the week. Maybe you should let them set longer? To me they taste no different than pudding cups you buy at the store.

I also use them to make chocolate shakes for my evening snack. I put them in the blender with water, ice and either WF chocolate sauce, WF peanut spread, coconut extract or almond extract to change the flavour a bit. Very yummy!

I don't like the vanilla pudding mix on its own. I either add cinnamon, WF chocolate sauce or WF strawberry spread to it.

Hope this helps! :)

Rocky Monarch 08-14-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

I had read some not so glowing reports on the packets of pudding so choose to go with the pre-made ones. I quite like them and they aren't restricted which is great for that chocolate "craving" I get sometimes.
Are these completely different tasting and texture from the ones you mix up? Anyone compared the two?

my clinic has never offered the pre-made puddings and I wonder the same thing. I thing the RTD drinks are waaaaaay better than the ones I mix up, so I wonder if the puddings are too. Has anyone in the US gotten these through their coach or are these a Canada-only thing?

cindystellrecht 08-14-2010 12:57 PM

I eat the packaged banana and choclate pudding every morning as a drink. It has less carbs and 20 g protein. I mix it with more water than called for and it is slightly thick and delicious! It really todes me over.