Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 141.5/135.5/130-132?

Height: 5'4

Congrats Taylor!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Default Help!! Need some willpower fast!

I need to hear some words of encouragement, quick. Today I interivewed for a big position within my organization and I have to wait until next week to find out if I will get it. I know it is not like I don't have a job already but I really want this particular position. Anyway, when I get nervous and agitated I want carbs, and not the good ones. Right now salad and IP packages are just making me mad I am fantasizing about the calming effects of certain foods that will remain nameless.
Can someone talk me down?!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #453  

Maybe go for a walk or read or do something other than think about carbs. You've made so much progress and are so close to your goal- would it be worth it to eat something that could shut down your weight loss?

(I'm new, I tried!! )
Old 08-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Default completed day 4 almost

Day four and it has been the toughest for me. Found that I'm wanting something, don't know what but something so I had an extra snack which they told me I could do if I had to.

I need major help with vegetables. Unfortunately most of the ones on the list are on my hate list. So far its been zucchini, peppers and onion, and raw spinach with my salad. There has got to be something more. Any suggestions, this will be the breaking point for me.

I also have issues with colitis so too much salad greens makes me ill (anything vegetable or fruit wise for that matter) any suggestions would be wonderful.

As usual you are all very inspirational. So sorry for those of you struggling with losing friends/loved ones to cancer. Both my parents are cancer survivors so I know how devastating that disease is.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #455  

Gmfuzzy, everything tastes better with chopped garlic and a lot of salt Do you like mushrooms?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Does it hurt to take a break and phase out for a month or two then get right back at it? I am really really tired. Finding motivation is hard and under a lot of stress right now. Has there been anyone who has maintained a month or two then got right back at it? Would this hurt anything? Smart choice or not so much? Advice needed please

Sheila
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #457  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
I need major help with vegetables. Unfortunately most of the ones on the list are on my hate list. So far its been zucchini, peppers and onion, and raw spinach with my salad. There has got to be something more. Any suggestions, this will be the breaking point for me.

I also have issues with colitis so too much salad greens makes me ill (anything vegetable or fruit wise for that matter) any suggestions would be wonderful.
Right now I'm slightly obsessed with my new salad invention. I don't know if any of these thins will bother your digestion, but I thought it was a good recipe to share.

2 cucumbers, sliced bite sizes
1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed small
1/4 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small bunch fresh cilantro
1 large lime, juiced
1 jalepeno, minced
1 Tbls. Mrs. Dash Extra Spicey or Chipotle

Mix all together and enjoy. Add bell peppers, celery, zucchini or whatever else.

Change it up and replace lime, jalepeno, and seasoning with apple cidar vinegar and dill.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #458  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
I need to hear some words of encouragement, quick. Today I interivewed for a big position within my organization and I have to wait until next week to find out if I will get it. I know it is not like I don't have a job already but I really want this particular position. Anyway, when I get nervous and agitated I want carbs, and not the good ones. Right now salad and IP packages are just making me mad I am fantasizing about the calming effects of certain foods that will remain nameless.
We have all been there and I have two answers for you.
No. 1- try to divert your attention. The cravings will pass --
It really is a delay of about 3 days for any cheat. If you are impatient like I am, 3 days is a long time and so not worth it for a carb or sugar or whatever. So-- forget about food and find something else to do.
No. 2-- If all else fails, cheat with IP. Have a bar or any extra IP that will get you through the evening. This will not cause a 3 day delay-- and many of the bars taste like treats. Good luck- You can do it!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #459  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello everyone,
It took forever to read all the new posts. CONGRATS to everyone and their amazing weight loss.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones are have friends who are sick. I am doing a fundraiser starting sept. 1st to help benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation. My business that I own will be coming out with a Breast Cancer warmer and all the proceeds will go back to the foundation. I have lots of people already interested in purchasing a warmer so if you want one just pm me and I can give you the info.

I had my surgery and I am still alive. I ended up with 4 large incisions in diff parts of my body so moving is a bit tricky. They had to remove the entire neuro stim and replace it BUT is seems to be working pretty good right now. I will be spending lots of time resting so prob will not post much.
THANK YOU, to everyone for your thougths, prayers, and warm wishes. It meant so much to me.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #460  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
fantasize you getting the job, looking fantastic, turning heads as you walk down the halls, envy on everyones face because you got it together
Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Does it hurt to take a break and phase out for a month or two then get right back at it? I am really really tired. Finding motivation is hard and under a lot of stress right now. Has there been anyone who has maintained a month or two then got right back at it? Would this hurt anything? Smart choice or not so much? Advice needed please

Sheila
I do not know the health issues involved, but I would say feel free to take a break. I truly believe you have learned enough by now to eat sensibly on your own. I went completely off IP for 8 days this summer. The entire time I ate whatever I wanted. Funny thing is, "whatever I wanted" seemed to be slightly different than before IP. Anyway, I got back on as soon as I got home and the weight dropped just as fast as the original first weeks on IP. I think it will take me another four to five months to get to my goal. I plan to take at least two more "breaks" during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
When you are at the Ideal Protein MAIN page, stickies at top and threads at bottom, For each thread topic line if you look to the right side, before the name of the poster, you occasionally see a paper clip. Those paper clips are attachments. If you click on the paper clip it will bring up the list of all attachments in that thread. Clicking on any one in the list will open it for you. This is an easy way to find the nutritional data, supplements information, phases sheets, carb counts, and so much more.
Thanks for all the info. Especially thanks for the info above about the attachments. I knew the paper clips were there. I thought they were just letting me know there were attachments in that thread. I will certainly practice using them from the thread topic lines. This will really make researching the threads easier!

OK. So I just tried the paper clips. Wow! I sure wish I had realized that sooner. I feel totally silly. That makes it sooo easy to find the attachments that you knew you saw somewhere...THANKS CARLA!

Last edited by doxigirl; 08-13-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #462  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post

Sheila
I've not been doing this long, but I know that once you stop its hard to restart no matter what it is you are doing. I did a diet plan that worked very well for me, lost 40 lbs, everyone who was doing it with me quit, I fizzled, gained all of it back which is typical I believe. Stress is a killer, but find something for you that you like to do even if it's only 10 minutes. I finally just decided I was going to do something for me (have sick husband and elderly parents with lots of health issues, issues at work etc). I joined a gym, started a fitness challenge they had there, now I go to zumba, work with trainer and I don't let anything take my "ME TIME".

You can do it, hang in there, don't stop just switch it up. Find time for you.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #463  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Gmfuzzy, everything tastes better with chopped garlic and a lot of salt Do you like mushrooms?
Only if they are hidden and I can't easily see them. Their taste overwhelms me if there are too many.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #464  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
When you are at the Ideal Protein MAIN page, stickies at top and threads at bottom, For each thread topic line if you look to the right side, before the name of the poster, you occasionally see a paper clip. Those paper clips are attachments. If you click on the paper clip it will bring up the list of all attachments in that thread. Clicking on any one in the list will open it for you. This is an easy way to find the nutritional data, supplements information, phases sheets, carb counts, and so much more.
I never noticed the paper clips -- that's very cool! I've got to add my supplements spreadsheet as a a pdf to a couple of threads.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hello everyone,
It took forever to read all the new posts. CONGRATS to everyone and their amazing weight loss.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones are have friends who are sick. I am doing a fundraiser starting sept. 1st to help benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation. My business that I own will be coming out with a Breast Cancer warmer and all the proceeds will go back to the foundation. I have lots of people already interested in purchasing a warmer so if you want one just pm me and I can give you the info.

I had my surgery and I am still alive. I ended up with 4 large incisions in diff parts of my body so moving is a bit tricky. They had to remove the entire neuro stim and replace it BUT is seems to be working pretty good right now. I will be spending lots of time resting so prob will not post much.
THANK YOU, to everyone for your thougths, prayers, and warm wishes. It meant so much to me.
So glad your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Closed Thread