Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #331  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
DH who has been on disability since last year and therefore retired way to early is driving me nuts. Thinks I need to cook him 3 meals a day when I'm not in school. Haven't done that for 30 years why should I start now, lol.
I heard Colin Powell give a speech about a year after retired as Joint Chief of Staff postition. He told a funny story about his first day at home. He asked his wife what they were doing. She said something like, "I'm going to do what I do on Mondays -- hospital charity work, lunch with my sister, then I'm ... There's food in the refrigerator. I'll see you at 5." Good enough for the man who used to run the United States Military, should be good enough for your DH.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default muscle

Well I had my weigh in today and only lost one pound. It is a still a loss and I am not upset about it. The last few times I have gone the coaches have been concerned with my muscle. When I first started the scale would not even tell how much muscle I had because it was so low. I am loosing weight but my muscle is not going up hardly at all. The coaches are concerned and have not seen anything like it with anyone else. They have added an extra packet and nothing. They had me quit walking. Now I am walking again. How do I get that muscle? When my muscle does go up it comes down the next week. Any ideas why this would be or what I need to do? Is this just the way I am built. Maybe I am just a small muscle kinda gal
Old 08-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #333  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Melissa (P), very best of luck on your surgery. I think you have a great many friends thinking about you.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Need to vent

TOM is next week which means I am PMSing like crazy. Today has been a terrible horrible no good very bad day at work. It seems like some people want to provoke me into murder. Fortunately for them I don't think I will have access to my IP shakes in jail!!! And someone reheated pizza that smells absolutely delicious

It's the kind of day I used to say heff it, I'm going out to dinner and pour me that wine bartender!!

But I took a deep breath, logged in here, and within minutes I have calmed down. I am just hoping that DH will offer to cook dinner. We work together - offices right next to each other - so he knows how frustrated I am today. Maybe he'll say "relax, read a book, I'll call you when dinner's on the table".

A girl can dream, right?

Thanks to all of you for "being" here.

Oh and I had another 3.8 loss at weigh in last night. 13.6 total in 3 weeks. Which is sad that such a bad day took the fun away from sharing that information with everyone.

2 of these to show that what I put on I can get off!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #335  

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
TOM is next week which means I am PMSing like crazy. Today has been a terrible horrible no good very bad day at work. It seems like some people want to provoke me into murder. Fortunately for them I don't think I will have access to my IP shakes in jail!!! And someone reheated pizza that smells absolutely delicious

It's the kind of day I used to say heff it, I'm going out to dinner and pour me that wine bartender!!

But I took a deep breath, logged in here, and within minutes I have calmed down. I am just hoping that DH will offer to cook dinner. We work together - offices right next to each other - so he knows how frustrated I am today. Maybe he'll say "relax, read a book, I'll call you when dinner's on the table".

A girl can dream, right?

Thanks to all of you for "being" here.

Oh and I had another 3.8 loss at weigh in last night. 13.6 total in 3 weeks. Which is sad that such a bad day took the fun away from sharing that information with everyone.

2 of these to show that what I put on I can get off!
Hang in there damgi! We all go through THOSE days...just remember to breathe and this too will pass! Keep up the great work!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #336  

Default Scales and % muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Well I had my weigh in today and only lost one pound. It is a still a loss and I am not upset about it. The last few times I have gone the coaches have been concerned with my muscle. When I first started the scale would not even tell how much muscle I had because it was so low. I am loosing weight but my muscle is not going up hardly at all. The coaches are concerned and have not seen anything like it with anyone else. They have added an extra packet and nothing. They had me quit walking. Now I am walking again. How do I get that muscle? When my muscle does go up it comes down the next week. Any ideas why this would be or what I need to do? Is this just the way I am built. Maybe I am just a small muscle kinda gal
Some clinics use home scales that are really imprecise for body composition information. The margin of error can be significant. I wish IP would set a standard for their distributors about the scales they use.

What kind of scale is it? digital/analog, brand if you know it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #337  
Nichole

Default blue arms and legs

Has anyone noticed very pronounced veins in your arms or legs? I looked down one day and the inside of arm was blue. Very blue. Then I looked down at my leg and it was the same way! I have never seen my veins so pronounced that my limb appeared blue.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Some clinics use home scales that are really imprecise for body composition information. The margin of error can be significant. I wish IP would set a standard for their distributors about the scales they use.

What kind of scale is it? digital/analog, brand if you know it.
It is the
Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor

I don't know anything about it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Has anyone noticed very pronounced veins in your arms or legs? I looked down one day and the inside of arm was blue. Very blue. Then I looked down at my leg and it was the same way! I have never seen my veins so pronounced that my limb appeared blue.
absolutley! I have them on the inside of my thighs, more on the left than right. I realized that it is at its worst AFTER training at the gym, I figured its all the deoxygenated blood being carried away AND that I just don't have the plentiful fat to cover the vessels anymore. Interestingly my left leg always hurts more after working out than right.

hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

2 NSV's today. Before I started IP, I was ready to get a new pair of workout pants. Just changed clothes to go meet w/ the trainer...they are getting too big. Then, I had packed a t shirt w/o paying attention and when I went to put it on realized it is a large rather than XL. I grabbed from the wrong stack!I was worried I would have to stop at the store on the way to work out but lo and behold it FITS!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #341  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
absolutley! I have them on the inside of my thighs, more on the left than right. I realized that it is at its worst AFTER training at the gym, I figured its all the deoxygenated blood being carried away AND that I just don't have the plentiful fat to cover the vessels anymore. Interestingly my left leg always hurts more after working out than right.

hope this helps.
It definitely helps! I was searching on something else on the forum and just ran across your post from last week and thought about PM'ing you. If you figure out anything that lessens the pain, please let me know. I took a break from exercising this week but it still hurts at random times. Thanks Pita!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm baaaaack....

Hi everyone! Wow, lot's of new faces Some of you may remember me (?) before I suddenly went AWOL a couple of months ago. My Dad was diagnosed with a rare blood disease and I quickly went to spend time with him. (We lost my mom 3 years ago to cancer). Needless to say, I didn't have enough IP food to take with me so I kind of winged it for awhile. Both my sisters and their families were there - so lot's of cooking and food. I eventually went to the dark side and did NOT phase out. I now see just how important those phases are. We lost my dad on July 8th and I came home a week later.

I started back on IP last Thursday. I had gained 10 pounds back.... I could really feel it too - I was miserable (could mostly feel it with back fat that I had lost all of ewww According to my scales I have lost probably 8 of that in the last 6 days. I will get the official count tomorrow. My coach was really sweet (or appalled haha) and wouldn't show me my prior measurements for comparison when I restarted. I'm excited to have control again over my food choices. It feels really good to have control over something in my life.

Anyhoo, long story somewhat shorter, I am back and thrilled to see progress you all have made!! IP RAWKS!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #343  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Hi everyone! Wow, lot's of new faces Some of you may remember me (?) before I suddenly went AWOL a couple of months ago. My Dad was diagnosed with a rare blood disease and I quickly went to spend time with him. (We lost my mom 3 years ago to cancer). Needless to say, I didn't have enough IP food to take with me so I kind of winged it for awhile. Both my sisters and their families were there - so lot's of cooking and food. I eventually went to the dark side and did NOT phase out. I now see just how important those phases are. We lost my dad on July 8th and I came home a week later.

I started back on IP last Thursday. I had gained 10 pounds back.... I could really feel it too - I was miserable (could mostly feel it with back fat that I had lost all of ewww According to my scales I have lost probably 8 of that in the last 6 days. I will get the official count tomorrow. My coach was really sweet (or appalled haha) and wouldn't show me my prior measurements for comparison when I restarted. I'm excited to have control again over my food choices. It feels really good to have control over something in my life.

Anyhoo, long story somewhat shorter, I am back and thrilled to see progress you all have made!! IP RAWKS!!
So sorry to hear about your dad and yes we do remember you.

hey I got off for the wedding also so getting back on track recently...not as strict as I could be either. Lets get back on this track, shall we?

Welcome back!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #344  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post

hope this helps.
I've been doing some research online about this vain thing. I'm getting results like...fair skin, loss of subcutaneous fat, and hot weather. Well the losss of subcutaneous fat definately applies here. Perhaps that is what's happening? There is no longer tissues to hide the veins from the surface of the skin. In addition to building strong mucles which will push veins to the surface also. Think of Madonna's forearms.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #345  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Default ACK!ne

I look like a teenager! And not in a good way!!
My skin has worsened since I switched birth control a year ago (no estrogen, only progesterone) But this week.... sheesh! Has anyone else experienced this or heard of increased breakouts while on IP?? Thanks!
Closed Thread