Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #286  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

You are an inspiration.....carlasherea. Your pictures say it all. And we know it is true...not one of those doctored up stories!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel
I would like some money guess I would feel flattered IF i had signed a waver; otherwise not so happy.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #288  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Yes, I signed a release but just didn't really think past them showing people in the office. When I went to my weigh in my pictures where on all their TV's too. Oh well, it is what it is. If I can inspire someone to lose weight then so be it!
yes, you are an inspiration. I had to use my before and after pictures at the gym too... it really gives people perspective
Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

I just signed up for IP last night and signed the release for photos, but I've been nervous about it ever since. Couldn't believe how fat I look in the "before" picture they took....immediately had second thoughts. Hate the honesty of pictures right now.

So today is day one of the jump start. So far so good. Wish I could jump forward about three months to an after shot.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #290  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I am 41 and had major cottage cheese legs. YES!! It is almost gone! I have a small amount left on my fanny and on my thighs at the back near the saddlebag zone. Otherwise, BYE BYE! I even lost the cellulite that was starting to show on my arms and tummy. I am very please with how that has been effected by the diet.

Well, if anyone is wondering where I am the rest of the day, I will be cleaning out and painting my office! Not my greatest joy but it needs attention. I will try and get online once in awhile but, if not. Everyone have a great Sunday and keep those encouraging NSVs coming our way!
I'm so excited to here that you lost the cellulite on your tummy. That was my lastest addition as I gained weight. I can't wait to see it disappear! I have a friend that always said, "Tan fat is better looking than white fat." I don't think she every realized what she was saying. I'm a redhead and will never be able to tan. And by the way spray tan fat looks like spray tan fat. Grrr.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Yippee! My cold weather running tights and jackets arrived today.

Bad news, nothing fits.

Good news, it's because they're all too big.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Testing my ticker (sorry!)
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
I struggled so bad this weekend! ... So, I weigh/measure this evening at 4:45. If he scolds me, I'm gonna either break out into tears or blow up. And neither is very appealing to me.
Barbara, you didn't follow the program, that's all. There are consequences to those actions. You're experiencing them now. Scolding you is just plain being a jerk; it's not helpful in the least. (If your coach's scolding motivates you, I apologize.)

Any road, what's done is done. toward the future: What did you learn from it? What will you do differently the next time? What do you need to do to get back on track?

Plan your meals for the next few days, get your IP groove back and drop a few pounds for your next weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
someone please tell me how this makes sense?

scale shows 50% water 27% fat and 33% muscle...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???? i know i'm usually going 110%() but i didn't know that was possible on a digital scale..
Home scales are stooopid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
well today I got a cool NSV

I finally made it out to get my new drivers license (with my new last name thank you hehehe) and THEY DID TAKE A NEW PICTURE!

So here is what happened, the guy takes my pic...so he gets to see the old picture and the new picture side by side and says "wow, look at the difference!" ... so then he turns the screen around for me to see and says "look how much thinner you are! The difference on the sides of your face!" HAHAHAHA yeah baby! I now love my new buddy Patrick! LOL
Yeah baby! Nothing like compliments from strangers to make you feel great on a day you're feeling less than your best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV #1: I don't have a pooch hanging over my scrub bottoms anymore!!

NSV#2: A co-worker who has been overseas on assignment came back to the clinic yesterday and immediately asked "where did [I] go???? half of [me] is missing!"
Are you still smiling? You should be. You've earned it!

It's funny my body is giving my "rational" mind fits. If I connected the dots of my daily weight it would look like a stair case, not a line or gentle curve. 3 or four days the same and then 2-3 lbs overnight, rinse and repeat. It's a little annoying when the drop comes the day after I weigh in, but it counts for the next week.

Oh and thanks to those of you who talked about skin tags in the previous thread. I noticed that some small tags in one of my armpits have disappeared. I wouldn't have noticed this NSV if you hadn't mentioned that there was an association between skin tags, PCOS and insulin resistance.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #294  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibug02 View Post
Well I am new...and have been really considering doing this. But I am kind of nervous. Is this worth doing?
Losing weight is always worth it.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #295  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 159 this morning. I haven't seen the 150's for probably 8 years. It was great motivation to make sure I follow my eating plan to a "T" today. So I sit here and have just had my normal maintenance breakfast.
2 pcs of whole wheat bread with butter and an egg
1 Greek Yogurt (this has twice the protein of a regular yogurt)
1/2 Cantaloupe

I still feel guilty eating this much for breakfast, but their maintenance plan really works. I also have a great tip for anyone who wants it. I make my egg in the morning in a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes. It is the exact size for an English Muffin. ( I love it) I hate when my egg is too big for my bread (O.C.D. rearing its ugly head)
So did I, finally!!!!!! 159.8 - but at least the 160's are behind me, and I don't mean on my backside. Unfortunately I haven't reached my goal yet.

Congrats to you!!! Can't wait til I can eat an egg, 6 months and only egg whites.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel
I second what Elizabeth said. Did you sign a release? I don't recall doing so myself when I joined. Maybe you should talk to an attorney. They have no right to use your picture in their advertising without your permission, no matter how great it makes you feel, and YES, you should be getting something for it.

Honored schmonered. They are using you to sell the program. It's a great program, I'm not disputing that, but this is a business issue. You're very attractive and they're capitalizing on that.

Do you think professional models work for free? Neither should you.

Look into your rights.

Quote:
I make my egg in the morning in a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes. It is the exact size for an English Muffin.
What a fabulous idea!

(From one OCD to another. )
Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #297  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Erin: Sorry this took so long. I couldn't remember where I'd seen the information. (Then I couldn't find your post about how much fruit to eat in Phase 3.) Hope this helps:

GRAINS No more than 30 grams of carbohydrates.

FRUITS No more than 20 grams of carbohydrates.

PROTEIN Aim for at least 25 grams, more is OK (remember these are whole proteins, not the highly absorbable isolates).

DAIRY No more than 120 calories (this would be 8 oz. of low fat plain yogurt).

FAT No more than 15 grams of total fat per day (you'll have to look at the grains, protein and dairy and add the grams of fat, you can make up the difference with butter (not margarine), coconut oil or other "good oils" (olive, grape seed, peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #298  
Mitts

S/C/G: 207/174/???

Height: 5.0

Hi,
I am having awful stomach cramps since about a week. I drink over 2liters of water a day, take 4 florolax a day, and I am not cons...
Tonight I went for a walk and on the way back the cramps were so strong that I had a hard time to walk.
Does ant one have advises ? It would be much appreciated.

Mitts

Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

for those who read of my weekend adventure into the land of truffles (remember I am in phase 4): weighed at the gym and 126.5. so not too bad really.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

I had the Vanilla Pudding/Drink from Lindora as a drink and it was good. Made it as a pudding, let it sit overnight and it was GROSS! How is that possible? it lost all the sweetness that the drink had. I'm about to attempt the Chocolate Pudding but I'm almost nervous.

Jello- yummy!
Vanilla Drink-yummy!
Vanilla Pudding
Chocolate Pudding ???

Glad to hear of everyone's sucess! Great job everyone

Carla- so glad to hear your getting the clinic up and running! Congrats!
Closed Thread