Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Red face question

Is there anywhere to buy IP product online that any of you know of. I've been looking but not to successful. Found a few on ebay but they are more than what I pay at the clinic.

On first day today, doing ok so far, your posts are great encouragement. TY
Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #272  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
well today I got a cool NSV

I finally made it out to get my new drivers license (with my new last name thank you hehehe) and ... guess what THEY DID TAKE A NEW PICTURE!

So here is what happened, they guy takes my pic...I was on my way to the gym so no make up or anything ...yikes!...so he gets to see the old picture and the new picture side by side and says "wow, look at the difference!" at first I was like...hmmmm... I must look awful... so then he turns the screen around for me to see and says "look how much thinner you are! The difference on the sides of your face!" HAHAHAHA yeah baby! I now love my new buddy Patrick! LOL
I am so happy for you! I notice the change around the eyes, cheeks at edge of mouth, and your face looks more rectangular than round at the sides and the chin is better defined. You are definitely changing! Watch Out Estrogen Dominance! Eli is gonna kick your butt!

Quote:
wanted to share this article...IP will help us all, not just our "vanity" but our LIVES!
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ay/641927.html
Very interesting article. This point jumped out at me, "However, women of normal weight who nonetheless carried excess weight in their waist area appeared to be most vulnerable to the large waist-death risk association." I wish they had more information on that. They followed it up saying if you were of normal weight with a large or creeping towards large waist (over 42") to change to a healthy diet. They never suggested what, in their opinion would be that healthy diet. They also addressed that the hormone shifts in menopause predispose women to a thicker waist. SO, what to do about that?

I hope living an Ideal Protein maintenance lifestyle takes care of those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I am poor, and can't afford internet at home, so I only have it at work. And since I'm out advertising all day, I never get to be on here.
And I have facebook mobile!!
Do you get internet access on the phone too? Sometimes I can read 3fc on my phone. I don't respond but I can stay caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post

I may have been wrong when I said none of us is indestructible... you just might be.

Thank you... it has been heartbreaking. My mother had a ruptured brain aneurysm years before, and we had already done the long rehabilitation to get her back. Two brain injuries in one family doesn't quite seem sporting, and even though we had come to know much of the process, it was my little sister this time. She is still with us, bright and funny and delightful, but it is very tough for me at times... even to this day.

I only hope you are right, Novak! I think I had a few guardian angels that night.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom! Wow, that and your sister too. You are so lucky both survived such tragic events. An aneurysm of the brain is such a high risk event! It is such a challenge to overcome, if you are granted to opportunity.

Your mother and little sister, and YOU must be some truly remarkable and strong women!

SO, I was cruising around facebook today and checking out the Ideal Protein pages. Interesting find! Someone has made a comment on their page suggesting people come to our 3fc ideal protein forum to check out the support and recipes. Who knew our little group would eventually be a suggested go to place! It is cool that it is on there. I am sure we will see more newbies from South Dakota! LOL. I hope that person knows what they are doing. I guess they aren't worried that someone might find out how to do the alternate method and decide "who needs a coach"!

I also found Taylor's clinic's page! Nice work Taylor! I recognized a lot of the recipes! I hope they really help all your new clients. That is one of the hardest parts, getting use to cooking without all the extras and making the veggies fun!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #273  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I am so happy for you! I notice the change around the eyes, cheeks at edge of mouth, and your face looks more rectangular than round at the sides and the chin is better defined. You are definitely changing! Watch Out Estrogen Dominance! Eli is gonna kick your butt!

Cool way to break it down ;-)

Ah the TOM bloat though...that increased the double chin there ugh LOL...oh well. Once I lose it all I will gladly pay the $20 to change the picture LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #274  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I actually had a similar experience a few weeks into IP, after a blizzard. I was trying to clear 36 inches of snow from around my car and got pretty tired out. A short time later, I was cleaning out a lower shelf of the refrigerator, and when I stood up, I felt dizzy and sick. It was scary. I got myself some water and sea salt, and checked my BP, which was quite low... so I lapped up the salt and sat in a recliner with my legs elevated. When I felt okay to walk around, I got up and found a sample IP bar, and ate that slowly. I began to come around after that, but I would say it was a couple of hours before I truly felt back to normal. I felt well enough to eat some lunch, and counted the bar as my protein. (The only time I had a restricted item on IP.)

During this episode, I spoke to my EMT sister a couple of times to report in... I also monitored my BP very carefully after that, and ended up reducing my meds.

I hope you don't think I was making light of your experience--not at all. But I'd have said the same thing to myself. Shoveling deep snow or pedaling up a hill in 100 degree weather are probably not great activities to engage in during Phase 1. But that said, don't fret... you'll be able to take it on in Phase 4, just like I did 11.5 miles hoofing it this past Sunday. And you'll feel great!
But wait Novak- you left something out. Will some cute guy come jogging by and say "cute butt" to me????!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

I am offically OVERWEIGHT!!!!! At 159lbs, this is the first time in years that I got out of the obese catorgory. I was thinking I may reapply for health insurance this year and hopefully get a lower weight.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
LOL speaking of O.C.D. I watch that show Obsessed on Monday nights when it is on. If you haven't seen it these people with O.C.D. have doctors come in and help them overcome whatever it is they are struggling with. Well this morning I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and of course the scale is calling my name. All of a sudden I start asking myself....Sheila from 1 to 10 what is your anxiety level? Be patient it will go down.

Ahhhhhhhh what am I doing????? I think I need to follow Novak's advice and step away from the scale.

Sooo funny ------- I watch that show sometimes, too.

Darn scale screams my name every morning
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #277  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
Is there anywhere to buy IP product online that any of you know of. I've been looking but not to successful. Found a few on ebay but they are more than what I pay at the clinic.

On first day today, doing ok so far, your posts are great encouragement. TY
You might check out ideal to go.com They do remote help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I wish I had read the directions more carefully with my George Foreman. I had been using it for several years when I got the bright idea to spray it with something, most likely Pam. I thought I would never get it clean!
Are those instructions on the new George Foreman's? I have had mine about 9 years and have used pam the entire time. It cleans up really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
someone please tell me how this makes sense?

scale shows 50% water 27% fat and 33% muscle...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???? i know i'm usually going 110%() but i didn't know that was possible on a digital scale..
I never really rely on the total composition information. I am not sure how it can be right when there is a GIANT omission. How much do you think my BONES weigh? How would that effect the percentage? How about my blood volume? It is a measurable fluid. Does it just get rolled into the water factor? What about other variable things like my stomach, bladder and intestines carry? I know they are counted when I weigh but, they aren't any percentages (thank god for that! )

Anyway, just saying, in my humble opinion we should Watch our measurements, weight, clothing size. Be mindful of the body fat but, don't put too much trust in a digital scale percentages.

If someone can reassure me to a different belief or explain why the scale percentage could still be correct, I am all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Here they are, the before/after pictures

Okay, so I am in the bathroom at work and wearing vertical stripes but hey, I am still proud of the progress I've made!!!
You should be very proud! You look AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundHill View Post
Hi, I just joined. I'm "loves2swim's" sister. I've been on IP for 3 months. I've lost (and hope never to find again) 42 pounds on the IP program. My sister told me about this forum. LOVE the recipes. Hope to learn a lot from all of you. My current concern is keeping the weight off and I'm below my target weight and don't want to go lower. Need to find a happy medium but am afraid to go "off" the diet as I don't want to go back there.
You will enjoy sharing ideas with the others that are on maintenance now or, those that have been in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts View Post
Good evening all,
First I want to excuse my-self for my bad English, I am French.

I start IP on June 1st. I lost about 30 pounds up to now.
I love this forum, very informative and encouraging.

I have a hard time setting up my final goal. I am getting married on 9/18, so my present goal was to loose as much as possible until then, but then after that I am not sure. I think my ideal health weight is about 115 or 120 for my height, but I think I would be happy at 130.
Also I don't want to spend the next year on IP as it gets to be expensive after a while.
My boyfriend is doing a low cab diet, just no pasta, potatoes, no bread and no desert and he has lost about 20 pounds. At least with him doing that, it allows me to only cook one type of meal every night, which is much easier.
Another thing, I have not cheat up to now, but will on my wedding night, hopefully it won't damaged all the work I will have done before then.
I will try to loose another 10 pounds or so until then.

I have to admit that I find it hard at moment, I am anxious to move to at least phase two. I am tired of always eating the same thing, I am not a good cook, so I tend to stick to the same food. My coach is completely useless, just there to take my measurements and sell me the products. For that reason I just go see her once every second week.
I told her about this forum and how much it was good in tips and information and she suggest to me to stay away from here ... Too bad for her ! :-) I like this place too much.

Anyway, thank you for all your comments and tips, and I'll keep reading you as often as possible.

Mitts

So nice to have you with us. I think your English is very understandable and much better than any French you can get out of me. (My skills stop just past Bonjour! ) You will find we have a few here that speak French. Sylvie is on vacation but she will be back soon. Sandy has just returned from vacation but, she will be popping by to share her stories as well. There are a few ladies that will enjoy using their French speaking skills to say hello and communicate with you.

I had the same reaction from my coach when I mentioned I had found this web forum. In fact, it became quite a point of contention between us that I was on here and searching the internet for anything IP related. Oh well, I am responsible for my choices and I like to know as much as I can related to them. Also, this is a very "tech" oriented age. I think it has to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm in the final stretch! I hit my 15lb mini goal today (well, past it) and I'm ordering my George Foreman! My DH said that he's always been interested in one but didn't bring it up (he doesn't cook really, he just buys kitchen gagets so he's banned from stuff I won't use).

Now it is all the last stretch. It is going to be hard (well, almost every week has been hard for me) but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want that big breakfast! I've always eaten a good breakfast so this diet is killing me
Great Job!! I am sure you will do very well with those last 15 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
This was a scary experience. Went out on a bike trail near my house for a 5 mile ride. Knew the big hill coming back would be my only challenge. Got up it slowly and fine but at the top I was suddenly dizzy, nauseous and so so sick. Thank goodness I brought an emergency bar with me just in case. Drank some water & took one nibble. I was so ill I had to really force myself to eat it. Had a couple more bites and slowly walked the bike home. It is about 100 degrees outside so that might have been a contributing factor-- I have been careful about exercise as suggested by the IP folks. Now I am so bummed. I love this bike trail and the hill is unavoidable. Still feel shaky....
Oh Tricia!! That does sound scary! I am glad you were a bit prepared to handle the surprise. I am also glad it wasn't worse. Please, start out slowly exercising. Our bodies have changed how they burn fuel (ketones, less glucose now) and our blood pressures are often lower too. Take it easy until you build back your tolerance. You will be on the bike trail again in no time.

Quote:
Cool way to break it down ;-)

Ah the TOM bloat though...that increased the double chin there ugh LOL...oh well. Once I lose it all I will gladly pay the $20 to change the picture LOL

I have to get new pictures too. I didn't think about it but lately when I had people my drivers license and, when I travel, my passport they really scrutinize the photo and my face. I have changed enough in both I don't look the same. I wanted to wait because, well why do it twice in one year! And the passport, it will be more costly and they will probably give me a new one and, that means I lose my old stamps to carry around (I get to keep the book). It also means I will need to have one of those chipped passports which, requires a new case to prevent information theft. OH... the drama of a picture! LOL..
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #278  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
someone please tell me how this makes sense?

scale shows 50% water 27% fat and 33% muscle...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???? i know i'm usually going 110%() but i didn't know that was possible on a digital scale..
It really is funny.... what kind of scale do you have Erin??
And thanks for your note of sympathy for my near death experience.

Carla said:Oh Tricia!! That does sound scary! I am glad you were a bit prepared to handle the surprise. I am also glad it wasn't worse. Please, start out slowly exercising. Our bodies have changed how they burn fuel (ketones, less glucose now) and our blood pressures are often lower too. Take it easy until you build back your tolerance. You will be on the bike trail again in no time.

Thanks Carla. Actually I thought I was taking it easy. I used to do mini triathalons or just ride 16 or more miles a few days a week.But your point is well taken. You are right!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-10-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #279  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I only hope you are right, Novak! I think I had a few guardian angels that night.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom! Wow, that and your sister too. You are so lucky both survived such tragic events. An aneurysm of the brain is such a high risk event! It is such a challenge to overcome, if you are granted to opportunity.

Your mother and little sister, and YOU must be some truly remarkable and strong women!
You only left out my older sister (EMT and IP alum), who is a full-time caregiver for our younger sister... she's on the front line, and is the one who holds everything together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
But wait Novak- you left something out. Will some cute guy come jogging by and say "cute butt" to me????!!!
I'm pretty sure it will be a team of two!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #280  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV #1: I don't have a pooch hanging over my scrub bottoms anymore!!
Absolutely wonderful image! Makes all those post about not being able to lift the 55 pound pet but able to carry around the same weight on your body come alive. I LOVE IT!

Last edited by Linden; 08-10-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #281  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Well Hello girls (and guys)
I've missed you all and loved reading how you are doing. Welcome to all the Newbies. I know I must seem like one too, but I'm just returning. Talk to you soon.
My friend is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy to see you! As sweet and beautiful as ever (actually even more beautiful).

Quote:
well today I got a cool NSV

I finally made it out to get my new drivers license
WOW - you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDear View Post
I am offically OVERWEIGHT!!!!! At 159lbs, this is the first time in years that I got out of the obese catorgory. I was thinking I may reapply for health insurance this year and hopefully get a lower weight.
WOW LynnDear, that is sooooo great! I will be there in a pound or 2. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait. It must feel great. Way to go! Keep up the great work.

Message to all of the people who gave me words of encouragement the other day: THANK YOU ALL, YOU're THE BEST!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #282  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel
Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #283  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel
My question to you is... did you sign a release? Otherwise it is illegal for them to use your image.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #284  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
My question to you is... did you sign a release? Otherwise it is illegal for them to use your image.
Yes, I signed a release but just didn't really think past them showing people in the office. When I went to my weigh in my pictures where on all their TV's too. Oh well, it is what it is. If I can inspire someone to lose weight then so be it!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #285  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

How could you not know they used your pic? You would have to sign a release.

My coach hasn't said much about this site. I have told her about it, but she isn't too keen on it either. Interesting.
Closed Thread