Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #256  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm in the final stretch! I hit my 15lb mini goal today (well, past it) and I'm ordering my George Foreman! My DH said that he's always been interested in one but didn't bring it up (he doesn't cook really, he just buys kitchen gagets so he's banned from stuff I won't use).

Now it is all the last stretch. It is going to be hard (well, almost every week has been hard for me) but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want that big breakfast! I've always eaten a good breakfast so this diet is killing me
Just remember NEVER use Pam or any other type spray on the grill, just a little olive oil on both grills( upper and lower) then wipe with paper towel in all the groves.. This way the grill is SO easy to wipe clean afterwards.. You can also marinate your protein in WF dressings/ or make you own light marinade.. just don't forget to use the drip pans when your cooking.. ENJOY!!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Just remember NEVER use Pam or any other type spray on the grill, just a little olive oil on both grills( upper and lower) then wipe with paper towel in all the groves.. This way the grill is SO easy to wipe clean afterwards.. You can also marinate your protein in WF dressings/ or make you own light marinade.. just don't forget to use the drip pans when your cooking.. ENJOY!!
I wish I had read the directions more carefully with my George Foreman. I had been using it for several years when I got the bright idea to spray it with something, most likely Pam. I thought I would never get it clean!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Default Woweeeee!!!!!!!

Went to weigh-in today down another 5.5 lbs for a total of 21lbs in 3 weeks. This is crazy good! I am ready to go another week!

Last edited by lilblackdress; 08-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #259  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Ya think??!! (I hope you were carrying ID )
Ok Novak. I get your point and I wouldn't dare to argue with you-- but it was more than the temp. It was also about the IP diet I feel certain. I am almost never sick - never dizzy- nauseous when I have a stomach bug, or food poisoning or a hangover but those are rare these days.
I just think on Phase 1 you need to be careful just as the IP folks have said. I rode my bike yesterday in the same hot weather-- just didn't try the big hill. Really scared me.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-10-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

NSV #1: I don't have a pooch hanging over my scrub bottoms anymore!!

NSV#2: A co-worker who has been overseas on assignment came back to the clinic yesterday and immediately asked "where did [I] go???? half of [me] is missing!"

I'm so ready to kick weigh in butt tomorrow morning. Never again will I see a -0 on the scale. No sir (or ma'am).
Old 08-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #261  

Height: 5'8"

tricia

sounds scary :/ hope you're resting and feeling better now

carlasherea

welcome back! we've missed you, glad to hear maintainance is going well for you. you look absolutely GORGEOUS in your avatar!!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-10-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #262  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Lord, help me!!!

I struggled so bad this weekend! I took my salad and packets to the first family reunion on Saturday, and did very well while there, but the evening was tough. Sunday, they didn't have any salad this year, so I had a few small pcs of turkey (from the bird, not processed), green beans, cucumbers and 2 deviled eggs with the good stuff scooped out. But the absolute worst was when I took the kids to the ice cream shop afterwards - it was soooooo hot and miserable, and their cones looked soooooooo good . . . . and I fell clear off and had a small banana split.

Yesterday wasn't so great either - I completely missed an IP packet, because my daughter and I were at the doctor's. And then TOM showed up today!! Geezzz . . . . Not to mention this huge amount of stress with my *&^#$@% sister . . .

So, I weigh/measure this evening at 4:45. If he scolds me, I'm gonna either break out into tears or blow up. And neither is very appealing to me.

Ah, well. Tomorrow's another day, isn't it?

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00 in. WI#3: -6.0 lbs, -3.25 in.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #263  

someone please tell me how this makes sense?

scale shows 50% water 27% fat and 33% muscle...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???? i know i'm usually going 110%() but i didn't know that was possible on a digital scale..
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #264  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

well today I got a cool NSV

I finally made it out to get my new drivers license (with my new last name thank you hehehe) and was told yesterday they would not take a new pic...so I wasn't prepared when they took it... believe me, my vanity is something else... Definitely something you want to do on your first full day of TOM...hello bloat and undereye bags! but guess what THEY DID TAKE A NEW PICTURE!

So here is what happened, they guy takes my pic...I was on my way to the gym so no make up or anything ...yikes!...so he gets to see the old picture and the new picture side by side and says "wow, look at the difference!" at first I was like...hmmmm... I must look awful... so then he turns the screen around for me to see and says "look how much thinner you are! The difference on the sides of your face!" HAHAHAHA yeah baby! I now love my new buddy Patrick! LOL

The first picture was taken in May last year, the one to the right taken today
Old 08-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #265  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 159 this morning. I haven't seen the 150's for probably 8 years. It was great motivation to make sure I follow my eating plan to a "T" today. So I sit here and have just had my normal maintenance breakfast.
2 pcs of whole wheat bread with butter and an egg
1 Greek Yogurt (this has twice the protein of a regular yogurt)
1/2 Cantaloupe

I still feel guilty eating this much for breakfast, but their maintenance plan really works. I also have a great tip for anyone who wants it. I make my egg in the morning in a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes. It is the exact size for an English Muffin. ( I love it) I hate when my egg is too big for my bread (O.C.D. rearing its ugly head)
Oh Carla - Congratulations!! I am so anxious to see the 5555555555555555sssssss. And for me it will be about 8 years or more too. 5 years ago I only got to 161. Isn't it amazing how we remember these figures?? (no pun intended) And after I see the 5sssssssssss I want to
see that breakfast.... but for now I must wait for both.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-10-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #266  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Great NSV Elizabeth!!!

Welcome back Carlasherea.....You look fabulous.

Good to hear about the Pam on the George Foreman. I used mine 3 times and quit using because it was too hard to clean. Now that someone read the directions for me I'll get it back out!!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #267  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Ok Novak. I get your point and I wouldn't dare to argue with you-- but it was more than the temp. It was also about the IP diet I feel certain. I am almost never sick - never dizzy- nauseous

I just think on Phase 1 you need to be careful just as the IP folks have said. I rode my bike yesterday in the same hot weather-- just didn't try the big hill. Really scared me.
I actually had a similar experience a few weeks into IP, after a blizzard. I was trying to clear 36 inches of snow from around my car and got pretty tired out. A short time later, I was cleaning out a lower shelf of the refrigerator, and when I stood up, I felt dizzy and sick. It was scary. I got myself some water and sea salt, and checked my BP, which was quite low... so I lapped up the salt and sat in a recliner with my legs elevated. When I felt okay to walk around, I got up and found a sample IP bar, and ate that slowly. I began to come around after that, but I would say it was a couple of hours before I truly felt back to normal. I felt well enough to eat some lunch, and counted the bar as my protein. (The only time I had a restricted item on IP.)

During this episode, I spoke to my EMT sister a couple of times to report in... I also monitored my BP very carefully after that, and ended up reducing my meds.

I hope you don't think I was making light of your experience--not at all. But I'd have said the same thing to myself. Shoveling deep snow or pedaling up a hill in 100 degree weather are probably not great activities to engage in during Phase 1. But that said, don't fret... you'll be able to take it on in Phase 4, just like I did 11.5 miles hoofing it this past Sunday. And you'll feel great!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Forgot to mention...my clinic had the chocolate RTD's in stock today!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 181/181/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hello.

Week 1 I lost 6.4 lbs and 9.5 inches. Wow! 4 inches off my hips. Very exciting. Unfortunately i was in the city Saturday and had a vodka tonic. It doesn't seem to have hindered me much, but I guess this Saturdays weigh in will tell the tale.

How do you make the pudding shakes that you talk about? I am dying to try one. I do like my puddings, but I think a shake would be a nice change of pace.

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #270  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Here they are, the before/after pictures

Okay, so I am in the bathroom at work and wearing horizontal stripes but hey, I am still proud of the progress I've made!!!

after front.jpg

After side.jpg

Before.jpg

Last edited by carlasherea; 08-10-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Closed Thread