Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #211  

Default Proti Thin products on Nashua Nutrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
For those doing alternate IP products I found a web page that has items with some that have the exact same ingredients as the IP products...the product line is called Proti-thin and I just ordered all my fav bars and some orange drink check it out

let me know what you all think I am all about saving moneys
Not a seasoned hand at IP (only 4 weeks) I like that they have the ingredients and nutrition facts posted on the website .

Here's what I grabbed after a very quick scan of the products I'd buy: The puddings and the drink mixes (regular and very high protein) shakes are very different.
- regular drinks have less protein than IP 15g vs. IPs 18-20 g
- VHP drinks have 35 g protein and 250 calories vs IP's 18-20 g and approx 100-110 calories
- proti-thin products have aspartame and actual sugars in them (fructose)
- Proti-Thin puddings and drinks have vitamins and minerals added, so you'd have to be very attentive to your supplementation levels, especially if you take IP Cal Mag, Pot-Cal and the multi-vit or something close to those levels. I wouldn't mix IP supplements and these packages on the same day.

I've only bought one box of bars and it's in hiding for "chocolate sweetness" emergencies, so I can't comment on the bars. Have you compared the to the IP ingredients and nutrition facts list attached to this post:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3162766-post5.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-09-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: getting things right
Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #212  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Carla,
Thank you for opening your personal life to us. I'm very sorry for your tragic loss. My family have had many medical issues over the years but I never really thought about getting the emergency ID bracelets.

Novak, thank you to you as well for such an amazing story.

my best, dina
Dina,

I hadn't really thought exactly about a necklace or bracelet. I had seen my nieces diabetes alert bracelet and thought I wish there were something like that for the rest of us. I didn't look into it more though.

I am so grateful to Novak for sharing. I could relate to the feeling she might have had after her sister's cardiac event and being an unknown "doe". I just felt something like the bracelet or dog tag would have been most helpful of anything.

I also like that Novak has her emergency info in an online place. I know personally what happens when you aren't with that or, with someone who can provide it or, they can't reach someone. It is a different personal experience but, some of you may remember I mentioned I was in an accident with a drunk driver a few years ago. (Yeah, AZ is notorious for the accidents) Anyway, I was semi-conscious and they were trying to get info from me when they could. My phone was destroyed in the accident (handbag was crushed and so was phone). My family was out of town and not reachable by phone for several hours. The online info would have been invaluable if I had not been going in and out of consciousness or had been more seriously injured. (I was lucky just a broken lower back, and 6 fractures to pelvis).

We can all thank Novak for the information. I can just provide additional support to her "public service announcement"! You may never know when you really would need it most!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

interesting
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #214  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Today I found a super whey protein shot.
Calories 110
Sodium 65
Potassium 30
Carbs 1
Protein 26
Think I'm gonna try it for my snack tonight. Found it at Walmart on an endcap. It is in a vial and says it is 2.9 oz. What do you think? I don't think it will fill me up, but it will work for a snack. Sorry if I should have posted this on the alternate thread.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #215  
Mitts

S/C/G: 207/174/???

Height: 5.0

Good evening all,
First I want to excuse my-self for my bad English, I am French.

I start IP on June 1st. I lost about 30 pounds up to now.
I love this forum, very informative and encouraging.

I have a hard time setting up my final goal. I am getting married on 9/18, so my present goal was to loose as much as possible until then, but then after that I am not sure. I think my ideal health weight is about 115 or 120 for my height, but I think I would be happy at 130.
Also I don't want to spend the next year on IP as it gets to be expensive after a while.
My boyfriend is doing a low cab diet, just no pasta, potatoes, no bread and no desert and he has lost about 20 pounds. At least with him doing that, it allows me to only cook one type of meal every night, which is much easier.
Another thing, I have not cheat up to now, but will on my wedding night, hopefully it won't damaged all the work I will have done before then.
I will try to loose another 10 pounds or so until then.

I have to admit that I find it hard at moment, I am anxious to move to at least phase two. I am tired of always eating the same thing, I am not a good cook, so I tend to stick to the same food. My coach is completely useless, just there to take my measurements and sell me the products. For that reason I just go see her once every second week.
I told her about this forum and how much it was good in tips and information and she suggest to me to stay away from here ... Too bad for her ! :-) I like this place too much.

Anyway, thank you for all your comments and tips, and I'll keep reading you as often as possible.

Mitts

Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Default New news on the blu/cran/pom drink

Just today, I received a message from the office of the chiropractic office I visit for IP - and the office manager forwarded a recipe for the blu/cran/pom drink. Included in the recipe is a new guideline for this drink. it took me by surprise cuz i hadn't heard about it from my coach. so sent him today a message and this was his response:

"Hey Dina,

This suggestion was just made recently by the Ideal Protein heads, which is why we are letting people know through the email. My reaction was the same as yours, the issue is the few amino acids missing from collagen,. It is nothing major, but for best results you do want to have all the amino acids."

I have my WI tomorrow evening so I'll ask a for a little more detail and let you all know. - dina
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ideal Protein and Peets.pdf (130.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #217  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow! This board is filling up way too fast! Have lots of catching up to do when you miss two days... just wanted to say that I had my first WI and I'm down 8lbs and several inches
Then I did a very dumb thing I was at a restaurant with my husband so I ordered grilled salmon with no salt, no fats, no oils, and a side of steamed veggies with no butter and no seasonings..... didn't feel right after I ate (sure tasted good, I put pepper and my sea salt on it) Next morning I was up .6lbs Won't ever do that again!! I was almost in tears! It seems you just can't trust what someone else may put into your foods... the veggies were just broccoli... no more eating out!
Well, have to read the last couple of pages on the last thread and then catch up here. Have a great week everyone! Oh...and I'm Not at all hungry
Old 08-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, I'm caught up on this thread, but behind on the others.

I'm glad I'm posting after this weekend to this thread and not the cheats thread...

Overall -- did ok. Not perfect. Too much protein a few days (extra egg...) and not enough veggies (3 cups instead of 4), totally forgot to take the supplements one day, and no salad, but other than that, no cheats. OH, and I feel like I've lost weight this week...of course, totally having a problem with the big C, Novilax to the rescue, I hope.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Novak and Carla: What painful stories you shared. Novak, I work in a facility for people with physical disabilities and trauma and I understand about the ongoing distress caused by the memory loss. Carla, I am very sorry that you lost both your mother and sister in such a tragic way and then for you to have such a terrible accident with "just a broken back and 6 fractures to your pelvis" Those are major injuries to recover from. I have very low tolerance for drunk drivers.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to those who have not been on in awhile.

I get weighed in in a couple of hours...I can't wait. I think I did really well, followed protocol very closely except missed some vitamins (have a hard time remembering those). Went out to eat a couple of times but stayed right on track! This is something very new to me. Before it would have been a license to order whatever I wanted. DH told me he really wanted ice cream this weekend but he didn't go get it because he did not want to hinder my progress....maybe he is coming around! Though he only needs to lose 30lbs and would probably do it in a month. We'll see.

Thanks for such a wonderful community.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts View Post
Good evening all,

I have a hard time setting up my final goal. I am getting married on 9/18, so my present goal was to loose as much as possible until then, but then after that I am not sure. I think my ideal health weight is about 115 or 120 for my height, but I think I would be happy at 130.
Also I don't want to spend the next year on IP as it gets to be expensive after a while.
My boyfriend is doing a low cab diet, just no pasta, potatoes, no bread and no desert and he has lost about 20 pounds. At least with him doing that, it allows me to only cook one type of meal every night, which is much easier.
Another thing, I have not cheat up to now, but will on my wedding night, hopefully it won't damaged all the work I will have done before then.
I will try to loose another 10 pounds or so until then.

I have to admit that I find it hard at moment, I am anxious to move to at least phase two. I am tired of always eating the same thing, I am not a good cook, so I tend to stick to the same food. My coach is completely useless, just there to take my measurements and sell me the products. For that reason I just go see her once every second week.
I told her about this forum and how much it was good in tips and information and she suggest to me to stay away from here ... Too bad for her ! :-) I like this place too much.

Anyway, thank you for all your comments and tips, and I'll keep reading you as often as possible.

Mitts

Welcome Mitts!

Don't worry, your English is pretty good! Better than my French;my grandmother was French Canadian. All my ancestors on her side came from France to Quebec to settle this area back in the early days. So nice to meet you. You are doing really well on IP. I find that I have up and down days too. I have been on almost 6 weeks and have not cheated. However, there are days that I would kill for some extra carbs. For your wedding, I would plan to enjoy yourself. This is your big day and you can get back on the program after the wedding. Regarding your goal. My coach told me not to settle on a number. Wait and see how you look and feel. Now I know why...you lose so many inches on IP than any other program. So that is what I am doing.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #221  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well Hello girls (and guys)

I have been in Maintenance since the last week in June and have gone to 2 weigh ins. I have lost 2 lbs over the last month and a half and my coach is pretty proud. I think in September I am going to go on Phase 1 for a couple of weeks and get down to 150. I am officially a size 10 and even have 8's!! I was a 16 in March. I feel so much better and when I look back at old pictures am embarrassed at what I looked like.
Carla, how nice to see you... and you look gorgeous BTW! I'm glad maintenance is going so well, and that you get how easy it is to pop back into Phase 1 and do whatever fine tuning you deem necessary. It IS mortifying to look back at the old photos... I'm glad I'm usually the photographer. At least, I WAS glad. Maybe not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I was lucky just a broken lower back, and 6 fractures to pelvis.
I may have been wrong when I said none of us is indestructible... you just might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts View Post
Good evening all,

I have not cheat up to now, but will on my wedding night, hopefully it won't damaged all the work I will have done before then. I will try to loose another 10 pounds or so until then.
Welcome! We're glad to have you here... and your English is excellent!

When you get closer to your goal, you can decide how far to go. You will lose inches more than pounds, so you might be happy at a higher weight than you think right now.

I think it's a GREAT idea not to be dieting on your wedding day. Have you thought about phasing out before your wedding (2 weeks of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3), and then going back to Phase 1 afterward? It has worked very well for people here, and it might give you an extra boost to lose the rest of the weight you want to take off. mommajen88 has posted about her success doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Novak, I work in a facility for people with physical disabilities and trauma and I understand about the ongoing distress caused by the memory loss.
Thank you... it has been heartbreaking. My mother had a ruptured brain aneurysm years before, and we had already done the long rehabilitation to get her back. Two brain injuries in one family doesn't quite seem sporting, and even though we had come to know much of the process, it was my little sister this time. She is still with us, bright and funny and delightful, but it is very tough for me at times... even to this day.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #222  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Then I did a very dumb thing I was at a restaurant with my husband so I ordered grilled salmon with no salt, no fats, no oils, and a side of steamed veggies with no butter and no seasonings..... didn't feel right after I ate (sure tasted good, I put pepper and my sea salt on it) Next morning I was up .6lbs Won't ever do that again!! I was almost in tears! It seems you just can't trust what someone else may put into your foods... the veggies were just broccoli... no more eating out!
You did nothing dumb at all! You ordered perfectly. To be honest, being up a few ounces the next day may have had nothing to do with what you ate the night before!

Don't stress. And don't stop going out once in a while. There's really no one in the kitchen trying to sabotage your diet. Just stay on plan when you DO have complete control, and don't worry about the daily fluctuations in your weight.

Really.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #223  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Just today, I received a message from the office of the chiropractic office I visit for IP - and the office manager forwarded a recipe for the blu/cran/pom drink. Included in the recipe is a new guideline for this drink. it took me by surprise cuz i hadn't heard about it from my coach. so sent him today a message and this was his response:

"Hey Dina,

This suggestion was just made recently by the Ideal Protein heads, which is why we are letting people know through the email. My reaction was the same as yours, the issue is the few amino acids missing from collagen,. It is nothing major, but for best results you do want to have all the amino acids."

I have my WI tomorrow evening so I'll ask a for a little more detail and let you all know. - dina

I'm interested in the recipe. Also, what was the "suggestion" about the blu/cran/pom?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 188/138/145 started 5/4/10

Height: 5'10"

Hi, I just joined. I'm "loves2swim's" sister. I've been on IP for 3 months. I've lost (and hope never to find again) 42 pounds on the IP program. My sister told me about this forum. LOVE the recipes. Hope to learn a lot from all of you. My current concern is keeping the weight off and I'm below my target weight and don't want to go lower. Need to find a happy medium but am afraid to go "off" the diet as I don't want to go back there.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #225  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundHill View Post
Hi, I just joined. I'm "loves2swim's" sister. I've been on IP for 3 months. I've lost (and hope never to find again) 42 pounds on the IP program. My sister told me about this forum. LOVE the recipes. Hope to learn a lot from all of you. My current concern is keeping the weight off and I'm below my target weight and don't want to go lower. Need to find a happy medium but am afraid to go "off" the diet as I don't want to go back there.
Have no fear. Visit the "Life After Phase 1" thread.
Closed Thread