Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Sending a happy and blessed Sunday to all my fellow IP'ers!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #77  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Thank you Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Steph, I know EXACTLY what you mean and I so clearly remember being at that same point: "will my life just be horrible food choices from now on and will I always feel deprived???".
Rocky, a while back I wrote something that a lot of people were able to identify with and commented on how great it was, and how they identified. It felt nice, but in truth it was just how I felt about the program and all that it does and all that it offers. Now you have hit the nail on the head. My quote was more about struggles during IP and yours covers the rest of your life! We need to put our quotes together, and share them with the IP world. Wonderful quote, Rocky. Just wonderful. Enlightening, uplifting, motivating, and of course encouraging. You're not just another pretty face! Thank you!

On another note: This morning my WI was 175.6, which means according to the CBC my BMI is 30.1 - so close, yet so far away. It's strange to look forward to being "Over Weight," but since I'm coming from "Obese" it is exciting. Almost there; only a couple more pounds.

ON MY 3FC "advertisement" on the right hand side of the screen there are DONUTS!!!! WTF?!?! Fresh, sweet, yummy, KILLER DONUTS! "Best of Orlando" wow! Not cool.

Last edited by Kelsey; 08-08-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
All of this is a long way of saying I have finally learned WHY this is the last diet you will ever be on...because if you can use this time on IP to re-learn how to shop, how to eat and how to cook, you WILL solve your weight issues for the rest of your life. If you only do IP as a "sideline" from your other food life, then when you quit the program it will be almost impossible to keep the weight off.

When people say to me, "aren't you worried that you'll just gain it all back?" now I can confidently say, "no, I'm not". IP has changed how I cook and what I cook and THAT in the long run is what will make this stick for the rest of my life.
Thanks for putting into words the "bonus opportunity" of IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I just got back from a 3.5 mile walk/run before lunch. ... I was about a mile out, running in my new (not baggy) tights when I heard a cyclist coming up behind me. ... He didn’t slow down at all, but when he got right up beside me, he said something. ... It’s not every day a lean, 30-something athlete tells an old lady like me that she’s got a “great butt.” Made my day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Novak- Ok you should puddong those shorts and lets see the butt.... and I dont mean a Carla butt shot either tee hee hee ... I am probably gonna get evicted from another thread ...... emmmmeeehh. But that definately is the best NSV of the month, you deserve it my friend
Novak ... great compliment and well deserved! You can dine out on that story for months!

Wannabe & Novak ... you ladies are hilarious. I think the photo is a great idea, though Novak would need to make sure her NSV photo evidence isn't NSFW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
workout #3 just now...i know i said i'd start with 2x per week but i'm hooked, will probably do again monday to make 4x this week. oh 6 pack! ready or not, here i come

oh and the plank kicks my arse but i love it.
Erin ... you seem sooooo much happier with how things are going. It warms my heart that you carved a way out of the suffering and frustration without quitting on yourself and what you want. Inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
I'm trying to bake cookies for my family (they having been going through cookie withdrawals since I started the diet) and I can't have any cookies either.
It's great that you want to do this for them. However, nobody really needs cookies, right?

If you still want to do this, here are a couple of ideas:
  • You could make cookies that you don't like. My mom did this; I think she didn't like coconut so she often made cookies with coconut in them. I hate candied fruit so if I baked, I'd use lots of that vileness (IMO) to keep it out of my mouth and off my belly & hips.
  • Depending on the age of your kids, what about having them do the mixing, etc.? They could count the cookies into day's allotments -- 2 for dad, 2 for me, etc -- and come up with ways to store them. I know you wouldn't eat the treats your children were looking forward to.
  • I read about using the IP pancake batters to make a cracker/cookie in the recipe thread. That might be worth investigating if you really wanted to share the munching time with them.
  • Could you make smaller batches, i.e. 1 day's worth of family consumption for the family? Or, making full batches when you're going somewhere, take most to your hosts, and leave only 1-2 days worth at home?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #79  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
I feel frustrated today..I went out to lunch for the first time, and it was so depressing! The choices were SO limited. I ended up having a plain piece of salmon wrapped in lettuce and plain steamed broccoli. Now I'm trying to bake cookies for my family (they having been going through cookie withdrawls since I started the diet) and I can't have any cookies either. I don't mean to whine, it's just hard to adapt this diet to my everyday life. It seems to go great during the week, but on the weekends I really struggle. It doesn't help that it's TOM and the scale is up 2 pounds.
I understand completely! When preparing the food for our family reunion yesterday, I was a little bummed that I couldn't eat any of it! But I took my salad and my packets and it seemed to work ok. Everyone was so supportive, so it made things a bit easier.

It was when I got home and was trying to find room for the leftovers that I really felt like cheating. I DID have one little 1" square of brownie and shouldn't have. The pasta salad and potato salad are going with me today to the other family reunion, so at least I can remove those temptations from my fridge.

It's hard sometimes when you know the food is good and you want to chow down, but it will still be good next year when I'm at my goal weight and even then, I know I won't eat as much as I could!!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00 in. WI#3: -6.0 lbs, -3.25 in.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #80  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Wow, Just realized....BevS is not a book worm???? ;-)

You look absolutely FANTASTIC!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

I have lost weight 3 times in my life.

in 1988 I lost 30 pounds on weight watcher which worked until I was pregnant with twins

in 1990, at 190 lbs, I got rid of the 50 pounds of baby fat using the WW food exchange principles. This involved lots of walking.

Now twenty years later, after believing the hype that low fat and fat free were the tools that I needed. I would drinking OJ instead of coke thinking that it was a good thing. I gained weight on healthier choices, food with more vitamins along with more calories. I was so clueless of the effects of carbs and how it effects my desire to eat more. I know that carbs, sugars were causing my high triglyercides and caused me to have spikes of energy before the crash of no energy.

This is my third time, but the first time that I am more aware of what my body really needs. This is the first time that when I shop I have a clear idea of what is healthy, really healthy, not just for weightloss, but forever.

The food is expensive at first. Then I noticed how much I save at the store not buying junk. And what I thought was healthy, natural cererals, granola, lots of fruit, lots of whole grains had many problems. It is not that I won't have these things, but I will be so much more aware of the effects if not in moderation. I am saving some money on food now. Instead of the breakfast bars for a quick breakfast, I boil 6 eggs to make deviled eggs. I throw out the yokes, and fill the eggs with fat free rocotta cheese, and mustard with spices. I put them in the fridge and when I am in the need for a protein for breakfast or snack I eat two halves of deviled eggs. I can continue to eat like this after I get to my target weight.

And I know that I will get to the target weight, But this time I am not hungry getting there.

Last edited by LynnDear; 08-08-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: worlds worst speller
Old 08-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #82  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
...I came to vancouver for the weekend to visit parents. So far I had my normal phase 3 breakfast, lunch was spinach, chicken, and vegies, mom had made rice but I had none. Just had a protein shake and scared to have rice for dinner, kind of full anyways so we'll see. I am just worried that since I don't have access to gym, I am going to balloon up here.
Don't worry ... a weekend off from the gym won't hurt you... it may actually be a good thing... just get back on track when you get home... I promise you will live :-)

Last edited by deinekatze; 08-08-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Ok so I did some arm excersises and stuff with weights yesterday and I'm up over a pound today :0(
this is not good!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #84  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Ok so I did some arm excersises and stuff with weights yesterday and I'm up over a pound today :0(
this is not good!
Ma'am, step away from the scale.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Thanks for talking me down Novak LMAO
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Does anyone order the Ideal Protein Packs instead of going to nutrition center or clinic? If so, who do you use or suggest to use. I have a friend that wants to do the program, but can in no way afford the start up cost at the place I go to. She really would do well on this.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #87  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
this is not good!
I agree with Novak.... step away from the scale! LOL

it's normal reaction.... Here are some answers for you I found online:

If you've noticed your weight going up after starting an exercise program, don't panic! It doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong, nor does it mean you're going in the wrong direction. There can be some obvious and not-so-obvious reasons you're gaining weight.

Your first step is to determine if what you're gaining is actually fat or muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat, but it takes up less space...if you gain muscle, your scale weight may go up even as you're slimming down. Rather than just using a scale to measure your progress, you can get your body fat tested on a regular basis to get a better idea of what you're gaining and/or losing. If that isn't an option, you can take measurements at different areas of the body...if you're losing inches, you're on the right track.

Scales are frustrating, and very inaccurate. You can gain 5lb. from one day to the next due to water retention. Weights along with cardio, are extremely efficient in getting the body you want. Remember anything is better than nothing. It all counts for something. To check body shape change, notice how your clothes fit. Way more accurate, easy. Don't punish yourself unnecessarily, stay off of those scales!!! weight training can be your best friend. Use light weights with more reps.

you're building more muscle mass, which is denser than fat. So while that may translate to an overall weight gain, your body fat percentage has decreased and you're more toned than you were before. Your body also requires additional water to break down and store the glycogen, so that will also add extra weight. ...WATER WEIGHT....so don't worry about it!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #88  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
Does anyone order the Ideal Protein Packs instead of going to nutrition center or clinic? If so, who do you use or suggest to use. I have a friend that wants to do the program, but can in no way afford the start up cost at the place I go to. She really would do well on this.

Thanks
Ideal to go
www.idealtogo.com
Old 08-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #89  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Different measurements and different bodies.
The IP record sheet has spots for 15 measurements:
  • neck
  • shoulders
  • around the chest at underarm level
  • chest/bust
  • midriff/braline
  • waist
  • hips
  • each leg:
  • thigh
  • knee
  • calf
  • ankle
If I used your system, I'd be down 10.5".
Wow, I sure wished my clinic would measure all of those places! My watch is looser, so I'm sure my wrists have lost a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post

I noticed that we have a new blinking caterpillar called OnMyWayForGood so you won't have to miss the avatar.
Oops! I did the caterpiller because I hadn't seen one on here with it.... sorry I "took" it from you, Bev! You can always be the original blinking caterpiller, okay?!

My other choice would've been a picture of my dachshund, but there's one of those on here already!

Last edited by OnMyWayForGood; 08-08-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #90  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
It is so true that IP changes the way you think about eating and your lifestyle. Yesterday, I went grocery shopping with my husband. We started in the produce section and I put cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, spinach, rommaine lettuce, celery, and broccili in the cart. As we left the produce section, I said to my husband, "This is all I need, except for some lean meat like chicken, fish and turkey." Wow, what a change from before IP. I'm loving it!
Have a blessed Sunday!
Me too!! We do save money in the long run, cutting out JUNK or just higher carb foods we used to buy weekly!!

Good morning all! My scaled finally moved down almost 2 pounds this morning- whew! I was worried since I get weighed tomm morning at the IP place.
and their scale is always higher than mine.. I had a bar for breakfast each morning this past week since that's what my coach told me to do, so my blood sugar levels wouldn't flucuate so much.. I have not eaten the bars before, since they are higher in carbs and sugars.. will it slow down my weekly weigh loss if I do have them daily???? Has anyone noticed??

Also can we have fresh tomatoes daily on our salads?? They are in season and sooo good! Thanks in advance!!
Closed Thread