Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Oh Where Oh Where has our resident BOOKWORM gone??? I thought I remembered her saying that www.ourhealthcoop.com had the IP Potassium Calcium supplements, but I can't find them. I really need to order... oh BEVS, please come back!!! We still need you.
Hi, Kelsey, Unfortunately, ourhealthcoop is no longer carrying the IP potassium calcium. Probably IP doesn't like losing the business.

I have been buying another brand of potassium without calcium. It contains 99 mg. of potassium per capsule. I take 4 capsules with breakfast and 4 with dinner. If you want the calcium, you could probably just take a Tums at breakfast?

Last edited by BevS; 08-07-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #47  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
That's got to be annoying. Chocolate pudding has sucralose; vanilla has sucralose and acesulfame potassium (acesulfame K). Also, if I recall correctly the ingredient list on the chocolate pudding is much shorter than the vanilla.

thank you for this. i cannot for the life of me, find the ip ingredients for any products anywhere online. i wonder if the acesulfame k has something that's just not working with me :-/

just read the vanilla pudding box and the first ingredient is milk protein concentrate. wondering if i have a dairy sensitivity, hmmm...

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #48  

Default IP product ingredients

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
thank you for this. i cannot for the life of me, find the ip ingredients for any products anywhere online. i wonder if the acesulfame k has something that's just not working with me :-/
You're welcome. Before IP I never had artificial sweeteners, so I pay more attention to it than some. Here's Jordanna's post with a PDF of the ingredients:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3162766-post5.html

Quote:
just read the vanilla pudding box and the first ingredient is milk protein concentrate. wondering if i have a dairy sensitivity, hmmm...
The detective work begins ... Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Oh Where Oh Where has our resident BOOKWORM gone??? I thought I remembered her saying that www.ourhealthcoop.com had the IP Potassium Calcium supplements, but I can't find them. I really need to order
Another option to consider is the liquid potassium from Twin Lab. I've used liquid minerals before and found them very effective; I also enjoyed the ability to adjust the amount so easily. The reviewers on drugstore.com say they put a teaspoon in a beverage (even coffee!) and it works.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-07-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
I feel frustrated today..I went out to lunch for the first time, and it was so depressing! The choices were SO limited. I ended up having a plain piece of salmon wrapped in lettuce and plain steamed broccoli. Now I'm trying to bake cookies for my family (they having been going through cookie withdrawls since I started the diet) and I can't have any cookies either. I don't mean to whine, it's just hard to adapt this diet to my everyday life. It seems to go great during the week, but on the weekends I really struggle. It doesn't help that it's TOM and the scale is up 2 pounds.
I think everyone has felt this way one time or another on the diet. You are doing so well ---- hang in there --- have an extra packet if needed, just don't give up!!! Feel free to come here and get out all your frustrations - many people go through this and will give you helpful suggestions.:

Last edited by elle12; 08-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #50  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Stevia

Did you know you can grow stevia in you backyard? I just stumbled on this looking for organic tea/tisane plants. While I doubt I'll be allowed to import it into Hawai'i -- extremely strict plant restrictions re: disease and the potential to overtake native plants -- this article says may people can buy cuttings at their local nursery. http://www.stevia.net/growingstevia.htm
Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #51  

Quote:
what is the significance of fruit in phase 3? fruit is just sugar. i have NEVER been a fruit person, fruit and fruit juices have always given me massive headaches. should i adjust my breaskfast to include more dairy or whole wheat toast to compensate for this? i can sometimes get away with a couple of gulps of orange juice if it's absolutely necessary but i'd really rather stay away from fruit :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Erin, do all fruits give you a headache, or can you eat blueberries?.. if you can, here's a good article, 12 surprising reasons to eat more blueberries...
Well, I guess all carbs ultimately turn to sugar in our bodies. However, not all carbs have the vitamins and anti-oxidants contained in fruit. That's a big part of why we can't stay on this diet indefinitely. We need those fruits and grains for a healthy diet. Blueberries are my favorite. I mix them in my low-fat, plain yogurt and add some splenda or stevia and cinnamon. Yum! Probably organic is the way to go, especially with apples. I really don't think you can compensate for the lack of fruit by substituting more dairy or grain. I would suggest really trying to find some fruit that doesn't cause you headaches and such. Maybe Carla can give some better advice here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
Someone was talking about not only TOM being weird on this program but also Ovulation... that is for sure. My DH and I are have been trying for about 8 months and so I'm charting OV Days and last month it pushed it back over a week so I think it may make a significant difference. This month I appear to be back to normal but I know based on a lot of posts that it can screw w/ your system for sure.
If you do get pregnant, be sure to discontinue the IP diet. This is not a diet for pregnant or nursing mothers.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #52  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Hi all! I have about 9 pages of postings to read still but had to share this.. I am sorry it's NOT IP related.. but awesome!

You've gotta hear these 6 songs! what a voice for a 15 year old!!!

http://charliephillips.net/videos/th...k-vincent.html
Interesting tenor without much vibrato. I don't know how people can compare him to the 3 tenors, whose stock in trade is vibrato.

Last edited by Linden; 08-07-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #53  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Kelsey, Unfortunately, ourhealthcoop is no longer carrying the IP potassium calcium. Probably IP doesn't like losing the business.

I have been buying another brand of potassium without calcium. It contains 99 mg. of potassium per capsule. I take 4 capsules with breakfast and 4 with dinner. If you want the calcium, you could probably just take a Tums at breakfast?
I believe antacids interfere with the absorption of magnesium and potassium and I know they screw up thyroid medicine.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I believe antacids interfere with the absorption of magnesium and potassium and I know they screw up thyroid medicine.
Which is why I don't bother with taking calcium with my potassium in the a.m. I take thyroid medication in the morning.

Last edited by BevS; 08-07-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
I feel frustrated today..I went out to lunch for the first time, and it was so depressing! The choices were SO limited. I ended up having a plain piece of salmon wrapped in lettuce and plain steamed broccoli. Now I'm trying to bake cookies for my family (they having been going through cookie withdrawls since I started the diet) and I can't have any cookies either. I don't mean to whine, it's just hard to adapt this diet to my everyday life. It seems to go great during the week, but on the weekends I really struggle. It doesn't help that it's TOM and the scale is up 2 pounds.
I am not sure where it says in the mommy handbook that you have to homemake cookies at a time that it is difficult for you. I can't imagine that the AA would want someone that struggles with alcohol to be a bartender.

I know that my children could never understand why a cookie recipe says that it makes 48 cookies and I only baked 30 cookies. I really did like cookie dough. You can find some safe desserts or treats that are healthy for everyone. Or maybe ask someone else to get the desserts.

I did get the nerve to go out to McDonalds with the kids and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with no mannaise and a side salad instead of french fries, and a Vitamin Water Zero instead of a Coke. I used the knife and fork with the salad to cut up the chicken and ate it without any bread. I was feeling proud of myself until I noticed that my Vitamin Zero drink with zero calories had 4 carbs / serving and that bottle had 2.5 servings. WHAT? Who on earth drinks 1/3 bottle of water? But I learned something and got to be with my family. I read that 4 calories = 1 carb so I am confused.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #56  

We're all gonna live to be 150!!!.. good article about calorie restriction on oprah.com... here's some of it:
The Benefits of Calorie Restriction
by Dr. Mehmet Oz

from page 4:

Dr. Oz says calorie restriction is the number one way doctors say we can extend longevity. "The data that we have in rodents and some larger animals now indicate you can probably extend your life expectancy by up to 50 percent potentially from doing this," he says.

How does a limited diet change how your body ages? Dr. Oz says when you restrict your calories, the body understands that it doesn't have any resources to waste.

"The body gets really efficient," he says. "You turn on this new chemical pathway we never knew existed called the sirtuin pathway. What it tells you is don't make more babies because you don't have the excess abundant energy to do that—just live longer."

The body's cells also benefit when calories are limited. "We don't have toxic waste products coming out of our energy cells," Dr. Oz says. "So we're actually able to get the individual cell lines to live longer."
Read the rest at: http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on...striction-Diet...

hugs
Old 08-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #57  

Hi everybody. I haven't been on in a long time so most of you will not even remember me but I have a couple of questions for you. I have had some parental issues to deal with this summer so I decided to phase off the diet for the summer. Good news is I still lost a couple of pounds but bad news is that now I am having a very difficult time getting the mindset to get back on. Do you have any ideas/tips to help me with? I had hoped that maybe the break would help me lose fast (like I did at first) when I started back on strict. My second question is have any of you been able to tighten up the loose skin that occurs with weight loss especially under the chin and arms? I have been drinking the blueberry pomegranate drink three times a week but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
We're all gonna live to be 150!!!.. good article about calorie restriction on oprah.com... here's some of it:
Neat. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #59  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post

Thanks Bev... Love the new picture!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Another option to consider is the liquid potassium from Twin Lab. I've used liquid minerals before and found them very effective; I also enjoyed the ability to adjust the amount so easily. The reviewers on drugstore.com say they put a teaspoon in a beverage (even coffee!) and it works.
Good idea. I'm getting plenty of calcium, so it's the potassium that I need.

Quote:
Wow, I'm only 41 and I'm already getting tired, I don't know if I can handle 100 + more years!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #60  

Height: 5'8"

BevS

I LOVE YOUR PIC!! thank you for the explanation, i will try the blueberries. i think melon doesn't do it to me like apples, oranges and strawberries-so i'll stock up on some honeydew and cantaloupe too.

you are always so informative, i'll miss the blinking caterpillar kind of
Closed Thread