Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #16  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
I also forgot to include that we had company last night and served them hot dogs and hamburgers (with buns), mac & cheese, wine, and scotch. I was worried that once they heard we weren't drinking they would make a quick getaway. LOL We had club soda and mint as fake mohitos and of course our nighttime IP snack and lots of water!

This morning I feel great, but I bet they have a headache! hahaha
Well done!

In some situations, you become very popular on this diet, because designated drivers are in short supply.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

going to ask on the weekly thread too,. first posted in life after phase 1, but i think that more people come here on a regular basis than there:

what is the significance of fruit in phase 3? fruit is just sugar. i have NEVER been a fruit person, fruit and fruit juices have always given me massive headaches. should i adjust my breaskfast to include more dairy or whole wheat toast to compensate for this? i can sometimes get away with a couple of gulps of orange juice if it's absolutely necessary but i'd really rather stay away from fruit :/

thanks for any explanations/advice!

eli/dk
did my reverse crunches and the other ab workouts this morning. i am having a hard time with the second exercise. lying on back, bending legs, point toes and tap, bring up and back down...i am having the MOST difficult time keeping my back flat on the ground. my big butt is in the way and causes this curve to where my lower back can't touch. any thoughts?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
what is the significance of fruit in phase 3? fruit is just sugar. i have NEVER been a fruit person, fruit and fruit juices have always given me massive headaches. should i adjust my breaskfast to include more dairy or whole wheat toast to compensate for this? i can sometimes get away with a couple of gulps of orange juice if it's absolutely necessary but i'd really rather stay away from fruit :/

thanks for any explanations/advice!
Erin, do all fruits give you a headache, or can you eat blueberries?.. if you can, here's a good article, 12 surprising reasons to eat more blueberries...

hugs
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

I think I've given up on trying to catch up on the posts for the week. This working full time again has really messed with my time on the internet. That's okay, I'm loving my new job and I'm staying on track with IP so it's all good! I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but my new job is at a chiropractic clinic. I mentioned to the doctor that I recently lost 50lbs and they were pretty interested in hearing the details. They've been very awesome and supportive so far. I'm secretly hoping that they'll bring IP into the office sometime when they witness me drop the last of my weight and maintain. This week the doctor took all of the staff out to lunch at a mexican place. The pickings were very slim for me but I managed and ordered a salad with chicken and had them leave out a few items to make it IP friendly. Everyone else indulged in chips, salsa, beans, rice, etc.... all covered in gooey sauces and left lunch in a carb coma. I on the other hand enjoyed a little less than half of a ginormous salad, had the rest boxed up to enjoy later and walked out perfectly happy. Everyone was impressed with my self control. The funny thing though is I really don't see it as having self control, this is just how I eat. It was no big deal. It's so funny how this diet changes you because at one time I would have look at this completely different and it would have taken huge amounts of will power to get through it, but now it's just second nature.

Welcome to all of the newbies this week! Congrats to all of you on your losses and NSVs this week. Wishing you all a wonderfully successful week.

Oh, I almost forgot! I made it into the 180's this week!! I had to change my weigh in day also since Monday no longer works with my new schedule. My next weigh in won't be until Thursday. The good thing is I should see a nice loss since it will be 10 days since my last weigh in.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

Quote:
To Nitenic
Please let me know what you think of the Lindora jello. I've been thinking about ordering some.
I had the Cherry Jello last night and oh my was it sweet. In comparison to some IP products it does appear there maybe a gram or 2 more of sugar in a few products (I wish they were a little less but the $ saved might be worth the small risk). The directions also call for only 3 oz of boiling water... Based on the sweetness I think you could easily do 4-6 maybe.. i'll play w/ the Ounces but maybe I'm sensitive to sweetness too. Choc drink/pudding is good, also could use a little more water than what's recommended. So far so good, still in ketosis after using them.

NSV ALERT! Tried on a pair of jean capris that I haven't worn in at least a year and they fit and I didn't even have to take a deep breath to button them!

And the scale finally ready in the 30's!!!!! I'm only 28 lbs away from my wedding weight and I was a size 14 for that and I remember the self confidence I had even at a size 14, what a difference that makes on the outside and the inside..... So exciting! I love this diet..

Someone was talking about not only TOM being weird on this program but also Ovulation... that is for sure. My DH and I are have been trying for about 8 months and so I'm charting OV Days and last month it pushed it back over a week so I think it may make a significant difference. This month I appear to be back to normal but I know based on a lot of posts that it can screw w/ your system for sure.

for Everyone!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

well just finished making a soup with some spinach all blended up... think now I can get all the veggies and salads down without feeling like I am eating soo much. Does it seem like inches are falling off in one or two areas rather than others? My waist is shrinking, but arms and calves are not... hmm time to lift wieghts I guess. Have a great week all!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #22  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Default Added benefits of IP

I just got back from a 3.5 mile walk/run before lunch. I wanted to get out earlier so I could cover more ground while it was cooler, but I had a lot to do this morning. So, after I worked out at the gym, drove to Leesburg to pick up a prescription, swung by the farmer’s market for produce, stopped at two grocery stores, came home to stow groceries, and responded to a PM on the boards, I geared up to hit the bike path.

I was about a mile out, running in my new (not baggy) tights when I heard a cyclist coming up behind me. He gave the requisite audible, “On your left” before he zipped by. He didn’t slow down at all, but when he got right up beside me, he said something. It took a few seconds for the words to register, and by the time I realized what he said, he’d just about disappeared from view.

At that point, I laughed out loud. It’s not every day a lean, 30-something athlete tells an old lady like me that she’s got a “great butt.” Made my day.

I love IP.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I just got back from a 3.5 mile walk/run before lunch. I wanted to get out earlier so I could cover more ground while it was cooler, but I had a lot to do this morning. So, after I worked out at the gym, drove to Leesburg to pick up a prescription, swung by the farmer’s market for produce, stopped at two grocery stores, came home to stow groceries, and responded to a PM on the boards, I geared up to hit the bike path.

I was about a mile out, running in my new (not baggy) tights when I heard a cyclist coming up behind me. He gave the requisite audible, “On your left” before he zipped by. He didn’t slow down at all, but when he got right up beside me, he said something. It took a few seconds for the words to register, and by the time I realized what he said, he’d just about disappeared from view.

At that point, I laughed out loud. It’s not every day a lean, 30-something athlete tells an old lady like me that she’s got a “great butt.” Made my day.

I love IP.

NICE!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
well just finished making a soup with some spinach all blended up... think now I can get all the veggies and salads down without feeling like I am eating soo much. Does it seem like inches are falling off in one or two areas rather than others? My waist is shrinking, but arms and calves are not... hmm time to lift wieghts I guess. Have a great week all!
I'm just the opposite... my legs & arms are looking good, but my tummy & behind are still, well, a little disappointing... not that they haven't shrunk too, they have & I really am pleased that they have, it's just not enough!!!!!!!.. I have so much confidence in IP, though, I know those areas will soon catch up with my smaller parts... btw, lifting weights might or might not make your arms & legs smaller, but it will start to give them some amazing shape... I'm doing kettlebells for strength training & I'm lovin' what they've done for my arms & shoulders...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 08-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #25  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Congrats yelliemom!!!!

Oh Novak!!! you ought to be able to milk that for a while!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #26  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Oh Novak!!! you ought to be able to milk that for a while!!!!
Oh, yeah....
Old 08-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #27  

Quote:

I love IP.
What a FABULOUS thing to happen!!!.. I'm jealous!.. but I have to admit, you deserve it...

hugs
Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I love IP.
HA HA Love it Novak!!

Question--> My Aunt wants to check into IP. On the website you have to fill out a form to try and find a clinic close to you. I thought I would check on here and see if anyone knew of a clinic in or close to Aurora CO.
Thanks
Sheila
Old 08-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #29  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

4 weeks, pounds lost 19.2, inches lost 21.7. The largest shrinkage area is my thighs 10" total, almost half of the total inches. No wonder my pants look baggy.

OK... HOW?!!! At the end of my 4th week (today), I'm down 21.2 lbs, but only 3 total inches!! I'm measured on: one arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh..... so I guess if I double my arm measurement it's a little higher. How are people losing 20" in such little time?!!! Different measurements? Just bad luck?!!

I'm happy with the scale numbers, but want to see inches, too. I was really disappointed today that nothing moved but my hips. Ok, so I'm still happy about my hips being down 1/2".
Old 08-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #30  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

A lot has to do with how you carry your weight. I have lost 12" around my waist, but only about 8" on my hips. That's over 5 months. I don't put much stock in my measurements anyway. There are 3 different people that measure and they all measure different. (not the exact same spot, some pull tighter, etc.) In the end I'll ask the coach to measure me for my final results. Not to discount losing the inches. It is huge, but when you have different people measuring it certainly is going to fluctuate from week to week. You will be able to tell on your clothes very soon.
Closed Thread