Weigh in daily or weekly?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Pre-IP I weighed in everyday but I started weighing in weekly when I started IP because my doctor said it was better. How often you do guys weigh in?
  • Everyday. Not supposed to, probably not a good thing, but, it's what I do. I think the recommendation is that you do it once a week.
  • I think it's a personal choice with a caution. If you weigh in daily while on this program, you've got to be mentally tough and see the number on the scale as data, nothing more. The number is data, the number is data, the number is data ... ommmm

If you start seeing that number as a measure of how you're doing -- even if you know you've been doing EVERYTHING in the program (oil, water, supplements, veggies, 3 packages + fish/poultry/meat) -- you'll probably suffer about the daily fluctuations.

As you know there are daily changes in our bodies based on what we've been eating, drinking and eliminating. And, home scales are labeled "Not for trade purposes" for a reason -- they're not very accurate nor very precise.
  • I weigh in once a week. I feel like this will keep me from getting upset with those little flunctuations that can take the umph!!! out of ya. When I reach my goal I think I'll do every other day or so just to keep me on my toes. Anyway u do it it; it's about preference.
  • I only get weighed once a week, at the clinic. I'd rather not stress about my weight every day any more than I already do...it would just put way too much pressure on me! You have to do what feels good for you! Good luck!
  • Ok....stepping up! I admit it. I weigh first thing in the morning and last thing before bedtime. I observe it as data. As some other people said, my weight has a pattern of being the same for several days and then the "drop" of 2-3 pounds. It is interesting and I don't get upset about it. Just data

Skips away to the tune of, "I'm a scale hopper.....I'm a scale hopper!"
  • Daily, baby! Even in Phase 4. Bring it on!
  • Daily. And I don't fret over it because it's not so much weight that I'm tracking and % body fat, hydration, and lean muscle.

Information, facts, data are useful tools. It's what you do with them that matters.
  • Quote: I think it's a personal choice with a caution. If you weigh in daily while on this program, you've got to be mentally tough and see the number on the scale as data, nothing more. The number is data, the number is data, the number is data ... ommmm

If you start seeing that number as a measure of how you're doing -- even if you know you've been doing EVERYTHING in the program (oil, water, supplements, veggies, 3 packages + fish/poultry/meat) -- you'll probably suffer about the daily fluctuations.

As you know there are daily changes in our bodies based on what we've been eating, drinking and eliminating. And, home scales are labeled "Not for trade purposes" for a reason -- they're not very accurate nor very precise.
    Thanks for the advice... I used to weigh in everyday and if I gained than I would try not to eat junk food that day. My doctor said that theory/plan wouldn't work on IP since we should be eating about the same each day.
  • I weigh 1st thing in the morning before breakfast every day. I would like to get out of this habit... but haven't...I am following the program exactly...so if there is a little gain or no loss, I know that it is not because of something I did and that the scale will move in the right direction....eventually.....
  • when I remember or feel like it. At least once a week.
  • once a week for me, at the clinic. i don't own a scale at home... thinking of getting one once i'm done with IP (after i reach my goal!).
  • i do weight watchers so i weigh in weekly
  • Daily for me.
  • I'm a daily weigher, after I get up (and pee) with no clothes on and before I have even a sip of water. I feel this gives me my TRUE weight. For instance, the other day I weighed myself like I usually do (165), and then I had a cup of coffee and some water and peed and when I weighed myself again about an hour later, (naked), I had gained two pounds!

When I do my weekly WI, it's influenced by what time of day, how much I've had to eat and drink, what clothes I'm wearing, etc.