3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Question For puddong lovers? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/209082-question-puddong-lovers.html)

Zebra35 08-04-2010 05:13 PM

Question For puddong lovers?

İ know puddings are best for us b/c of the low carb but I have to choke them down... Has anyone figured out a way to prepare differently so it tastes better? Someone had suggested making the butterscotch one into a hot drink by adding coffee and splenda-- I do not have any of that right now: just the strawberry one...

sillyputty 08-04-2010 06:13 PM

I like the chocolate with some peppermint or other flavors of extract...

Sweetstina 08-04-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra35 (Post 3420910)
İ know puddings are best for us b/c of the low carb but I have to choke them down... Has anyone figured out a way to prepare differently so it tastes better? Someone had suggested making the butterscotch one into a hot drink by adding coffee and splenda-- I do not have any of that right now: just the strawberry one...

I use the vanilla pudding to make cauliflower "rice" pudding...so good...see Recipes #2 thread. I use the chocolate pudding to make chocolate shakes in the blender with water, ice and one of the following depending on my mood: coconut extract, almond extract, WF peanut spread, WF marshmallow dip. I've never had the strawberry one, but you could put it in the blender with water and ice to make a strawberry shake. You could also add some vanilla extract or WF chocolate syrup to the blender with it.

Linden 08-04-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra35 (Post 3420910)

I agree with the suggestions below. Here's another, although I've never tasted the strawberry pudding. My coach doesn't carry it I guess.

One of my favorite foods in the whole world is sweetened strawberries doused with lemoncello [sweet lemon liquor], preferably consumed in Italy.

I think if you combined 8 oz water + strawberry pudding + 8 oz lemonade + ice you might come up with a great drink. Maybe go light on the water if you use lots of ice. Or play around with lemon pudding and strawberry?

As well as the butterscotch + coffee for breakfast, I also make this drink with vanilla and chocolate puddings

amylew 08-04-2010 08:53 PM

I really hated the lemon pudding, but I have a chocolate pudding every day! I love it! I just add about 8 oz. of water and make it into a chocolate drink.

LynnDear 08-04-2010 09:58 PM

I love the chocolate and the mocha pudding. Just ordered the strawberry and YUK, YUK. It isn't so much the flavor, but it doesn't disolve as well and has a chalking and gritty feel that reminds me of something I was give for an upper GI xray. Tonight, I added 5 oz of tap water to mix it better and froze it for an hour. Reminds me more of frozen yogurt. Hope that helps you get it down

i wonder if the Walden Farms marshmello can be mixed with it. hmmmm

Midlife Meggie 08-04-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetstina (Post 3421104)
I use the vanilla pudding to make cauliflower "rice" pudding...so good...see Recipes #2 thread. .

Sweetsina, do you have the number of the post? The search function on this site sucks. I tried searching in the IP forum, and then in the recipes 2 thread itself for "rice pudding," "vanilla pudding," and "cauliflower pudding" and it came up NADA. :mad::mad::mad: Help.

Thanks. I love rice pudding and am getting royally sick of the vanilla on its own.

Sweetstina 08-04-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3421280)
Sweetsina, do you have the number of the post? The search function on this site sucks. I tried searching in the IP forum, and then in the recipes 2 thread itself for "rice pudding," "vanilla pudding," and "cauliflower pudding" and it came up NADA. :mad::mad::mad: Help.

Thanks. I love rice pudding and am getting royally sick of the vanilla on its own.

I actually can't stand the vanilla on its own. The cauliflower rice pudding recipe is post #79 on the Recipes 2 thread (page 6). I've been making it once a week since Miss Zelda posted it. I use alot of cinnamon in mine. :D

mamaerinb 08-04-2010 10:45 PM

try a tsp of sugar free jello mix like cherry or orange in with the vanilla pudding to make it a shake. tastes like a dreamsicle :)

JessicaCourez 08-05-2010 02:00 AM

I actually love the chocolate pudding. I add a little bit of salt to them, and it sets it off nicely.

amylew 08-05-2010 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=LynnDear;3421256 Just ordered the strawberry and YUK, YUK. It isn't so much the flavor, but it doesn't disolve as well and has a chalking and gritty feel that reminds me of something I was give for an upper GI xray. [/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I hated the lemon pudding. It reminded me of the stuff you have to drink before a colonoscopy. It was a lot better with 10 oz or more water added and drinking it through a straw.

Novak 08-05-2010 08:27 AM

When I saw this thread, I was trying to figure out what a "puddong" was! :lol:

Marionm 08-05-2010 10:21 AM

I add cinnamon to the vanilla and lemon and it makes it palatable at least. Really cold also helps.

terrid61 08-05-2010 11:04 AM

Like others have said, make sure your water is extra cold. I add cinnamon to the vanilla and it makes a big difference. reminds me of cake batter....which for me is a good thing....always licked the bowl after I made cakes. :o

salesgod 08-05-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3421652)
When I saw this thread, I was trying to figure out what a "puddong" was! :lol:

Didn't know that English teacher you were. A powerful ally is the spell check. :cool: