Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #106  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Someone was talking about that "chicken wings" arms (as I call it) otherwise known ans the wiggly arm thing... I thought I'd share these with you all

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/worko...ail=2262519902

Will also post in the exercise Thread for future reference
Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default EAS Whey Protein vs Ideal Protein packets

Since hubby and I are both doing this and we are six weeks in, we were trying to shave costs a little. Can any of you guys tell me if the EAS Whey Protein compares positively with the IP packets? We used it over the weekend and Michael lost well, but I want to make sure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot relative to anything else. Also, not sure whether we should use one scoop or two scoops. 1 scoop serving seems to be good on protein and carbs, but want to make sure the other nutritional value is comparable. Any advice?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #108  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
oh I forgot to mention the 1+1/2 inch loss was from my upper arms!!! ( The hangy down stuff is shrinking!!) My coach commented " wow".. I told her it's the SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!
That's awesome!! Do you do the video each day or just use it on your own or what?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #109  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

nonnag....I order my premix shakes from New Lifestyle. If you order over $200 they ship free and most times they have a $35 coupon. Makes the cost of the shakes between $2 and $2.50. They are the exact same shakes that IP has. I haven't ordered for a while cause I got 4 cases the last time. They were having a hard time keeping them in stock...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #110  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
nonnag....I order my premix shakes from New Lifestyle. If you order over $200 they ship free and most times they have a $35 coupon. Makes the cost of the shakes between $2 and $2.50. They are the exact same shakes that IP has. I haven't ordered for a while cause I got 4 cases the last time. They were having a hard time keeping them in stock...
I keep sayin', this is my source as well. Yes, they are the same as IP. That may no longer be the case when IP brings the production in house, but the IP shakes I started with in Phase 1 are exactly the same as the ones New Lifestyle sells. Really.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #111  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
That's awesome!! Do you do the video each day or just use it on your own or what?
I just do my own thing- hold it in each arm and shake back and forth..hold it in front of me with elbows bent out, and shake , then up over my head with elbows bent,and shake.. IF you FEEL it while shaking, it's working!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #112  

Default Countdown...

When I first joined this forum back in May, I posted that a couple of friends & I are going to Colorado at the end of August to work on the Continental Divide Trail Project... this has been & continues to be my major motivation for sticking with IP & exercise... now, I suddenly realize it's August & I've got less than 4 weeks to be "trail-ready".. not only will we be hiking at about 12,000 feet, we'll be digging, moving boulders, hauling dirt & rocks, no telling what else... will I be ready?.. I think so, all because I discovered the best weight loss method EVER & a bunch of wonderful folks to help me along the way... in fact, I think if I were going today, I'd be ready, & that's way better than I expected when I signed up...

But, even though I'm feeling great about the progress I've made, I still feel like I'm at the point of "last chance workout".. these last 4 weeks will require some extra, concentrated effort, just to make sure... so, I'm still gonna be depending on all y'all more than ever to keep my energy up & for inspiration... if I forget sometimes to let y'all know how much I appreciate you, just know that you're the GREATEST!!!.. thank you for everything so far & for all I expect to gain in the future... no, I'm not planning on quitting IP after my trip to Colorado... I've still got a long way to go before I'm at goal, but this diet & this remarkable group of people have made such a difference in my life... I'm still wide-eyed with amazement every day!..

hugs

P.S. If anybody is interested in joining the Trail Project, there are still some projects open... go to Continental Divide Trail Alliance... the trail stretches from the southern border of New Mexico to the northern border of Montana & there are projects here & there all along the trail... I'll be on the Glacier Peak project, Aug. 28 & 29...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #113  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
But, even though I'm feeling great about the progress I've made, I still feel like I'm at the point of "last chance workout".. these last 4 weeks will require some extra, concentrated effort, just to make sure... no, I'm not planning on quitting IP after my trip to Colorado... I've still got a long way to go before I'm at goal, but this diet & this remarkable group of people have made such a difference in my life... I'm still wide-eyed with amazement every day!..
Are you planning to phase out between now and then? (i.e. do Phases 2 and 3, then be on maintenance during your trip) That is what I would suggest.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Are you planning to phase out between now and then? (i.e. do Phases 2 and 3, then be on maintenance during your trip) That is what I would suggest.
Maybe I should... I'll take a look at the protocol... thanks for suggesting it...

hugs
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #115  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Maybe I should... I'll take a look at the protocol... thanks for suggesting it...
If you don't have time to fit both in, do a week of Phase 2, then two full weeks of Phase 3. Be on maintenance when you go. Seriously.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #116  

I should have time to fit it all in, I'm re-doing my grocery list right now!..

Thanks, I probably wouldn't have thought of phasing out...

hugs
Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

What sugar substitute are you using and like? Stevia, equal, sugar twin, splenda?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
What sugar substitute are you using and like? Stevia, equal, sugar twin, splenda?
Stevia for me...

hugs
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default "To Aspartame or Not to Aspartame...that is the question"

I have been trying to determine the Splenda/Aspartame situation. I REALLY have to make myself drink water, and I like to use the flavored packets to mix with my protein drinks and puddings to make them yummy. I've seen a few bad things posted about aspartame. Please explain what it does and why it would be bad, or how much we should restrict it to. The people at our clinic don't seem to think there's a problem with using them, but you guys that are out there and have been doing this awhile probably know best. Thanks for your advice!

I'm down to a size 12 capris today and feelin' great! I was pushing out of 16's (had really bad muffin tops). No longer! Michael (DH) has lost 30.8 lbs on IP in 6 weeks. He has lost 48.5 inches total! He looks AWESOME! Was in a 44 pants...now in a 38. He's just melting away (haha).
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #120  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I keep sayin', this is my source as well. Yes, they are the same as IP. That may no longer be the case when IP brings the production in house, but the IP shakes I started with in Phase 1 are exactly the same as the ones New Lifestyle sells. Really.
I just checked out the nutrition of their pudding/shakes.. each has 100 calories, 14 protein and 7 carbs Each!

The IP puddings are 3 carbs and shakes 7 carbs.. Being Carb sensitive here I need the 3 only carb puddings!! But thx for posting that info!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Splenda here..Tried all the others, either had after taste or gave me headaches...
Closed Thread