Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #76  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
[COLOR="darkorchid"]I’m curious about this also. I was feeling poorly for a couple of weeks with the “shakes” or “weakness”. I thought it had to do with coffee, so I cut back and the feelings have subsided. But, I noticed you have lost in the 30lb range and I was wondering if others when reaching this range experienced the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I had this happen starting around week 12. In my case, I had lost about 30% of my ORIGINAL body weight so I am not certain which was doing it.

I know exactly what you mean by the hunger. It is definitely not a craving. You actually don't care to eat anything in particular and the idea of the added protein packet (restricted is just fine) or another protein meal is GREAT! You really are feeling hungry. I found it really did get bad physically if ignored it.

I know that around this time frame those in ketosis make a major adaptation to using ketones for fuel and it can cause some chemistry to change. You are also more efficient at burning the fat from what I have read. This can cause your body to balk a little because "you are taking to much" and it starts to send signals for you to supply something else. The problem is, if you don't take care of yourself, if your metabolism is a bit faster, you could burn some protein you want to keep i.e. muscle.
hmmm, this is interesting. I am at week 12 and have lost just about 35 pounds. I have a job (video producer) which has EXTREMELY stressful peaks: I was shooting all last week and will be most of this week.

By Thursday of last week, I was feeling bad, for the first time since starting IP. I tried an extra premade shake, and no help. Tried extra veggies, salt, water and no help. By Friday I was nauseous I was so exhausted...not hungry, not craving, just felt bad, bad, and getting worse. I could hardly walk. Finally, in desperation I ate 2 bars. Within about 10 minutes I felt fine. The next day I felt badly again, all day. Today (Sunday) I felt badly when I got up. I was at the airport (on my way to the next shoot) and I ordered a piece of spelt toast (French Meadow). Again, within about 10 minutes I felt great.

I am beginning to wonder what the heck is going on here. I have been eating all the same things I always have, taking all my supplements, etc. And I have been under this same kind of stress 2-3 times in the past 12 weeks. But suddenly it seems my body seems to be freaking OUT on IP and is telling me it needs more carbs (even though I still have no interest in eating them).

I'm wondering if any of you have any thoughts: does being under physical/mental stress increase our need for carbs? I mean, there must be a reason our body can even process carbs, and we obviously NEED them for something, but what is it?

I've been thinking about putting myself into Phase III for awhile, because I felt so horrible I really worried about doing some kind of damage (and I literally could not do my job I was so sick, exhausted and shaky, but not hungry).

Carla or others, if you can add more thoughts to this, I would truly appreciate it. IP has been wonderful and I have been planning on lowering my goal to 130, but I am suddenly FREAKED out. If I eat Phase III for this next week, then what??

Kelsey: ...my mother always said that there is no place for open toes or heels in the office, so if your interview is with someone over 45 or a conservative, I would vote for the strappy--they are a good height heel and look professional (if they were spiky, I would have a different answer) Or just keep them both for fun, and get a pair of pumps for "work world"!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #77  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
[I]... every pair of hiking boots & shoes I tried on & that fit me were 8-1/2... I haven't worn that size in years!.. ... fat loss or fluid loss, & maybe one size isn't a lot, but I don't care... I'm just glad to have my old feet back...
Agreed! I felt the same way when I went from a 10 to a 9 again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Oh, and I have to take the large sweats I got at ann Taylor loft back, I wore them around the house for about 20 minutes and realized, um, these are too big, and its only going to get worse. MEDIUM pants, here I come.

JC
WOO HOO!! Nice surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Carla- you ARE the voice of wisdom in this group and we love ya for it!!
Thank you. That is so sweet. I don't believe I know it all. I am very happy to share what I know and anyone who wants to share something else or, to teach me where I am wrong or what I don't know (I believe I can still learn much) I am SO HAPPY to learn from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Omega-3 can cause easy bruising. I have been told by my doctor that when this occurs it means you may be taking too much. Reason being, it thins your blood (which is why it is so good for preventing heart attacks & strokes) and therefore your blood does not clot as well. People who are on other medications that thin the blood need to be really careful with Omega-3's.

I wouldn't panic, but please do a little research and talk to your doctor about it.
Thank you Stacey! I haven't read that yet. I will look into that topic.

I am currently taking just one tbsp of omega oil again. I have taken 1 to 2 tbsp for the past 6 years. I use it to keep my skin in check. Without it I end up with some very dry bumps on my arms and legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm excited for a new week. I made a bunch of asian coleslaw for a few meals, some eggless egg salad (tofu) for dinner and tomorrow, and I went on a hike! ...
Now to do laundry so I'm respectable at work tomorrow. I just feel so much better today. It is a new month and I only have 2 more lbs as of today until I meet my 15lb mini goal where I buy my George Foreman
Sounds like a really productive day! I think you should be getting some shopping in this week. I see a new George Foreman in your future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
... The meatballs are from an organization sponsored by our school called Market Day and when I checked (AFTER the fact ) I found out they contained 7 g of carbohydrates. That coupled with the fact I feel so FULL and I have my third week weigh in tomorrow evening has left me feeling really uneasy that I've semi-blown it. Tomorrow will tell.
Don't stress! Just have a very low carb pudding or jello for your snack tonight. If you were having restricted items, some of those are closer to 14 carbs. You will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post
... I'm questioning the exactness in creating the right chemical balance for this diet. Does it fail if you don't take all the vitamins, eat the exact oil? I've kept the carbs low and the protein high but what about the rest of it? Will that extra cup of coffee ruin it for me????

I want to get back on track this week but the precision of IP is almost contrary to my nature ... thoughts?
I spoke with someone recently who has "tested" this program. She has found the more closely you stick to it the better the results. She has also found that somethings are variable based on YOUR bodies responses. She suggests if you want to test how you handle something, make a small change, only that change, and track it. You will be able to see just how much these things matter for your system. The farther you get from the protocol based on what your body can handle, the slower the result.

Some people have coffee everyday and it does nothing. Others can tolerate more fats. Others can manage more carbs. Still others can have diet pop every day. These are changes off protocol in some coach's "books" but, for each person doing it, there is not reported change to their loss.

Stay to the program as much as possible. Only test one thing at a time if you want to find what your body can tolerate and maintain maximum results.

For me, to obtain the best results, I must stay to the program exactly as it is coached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post
I wonder if there's any literature that explains why this is so?? Thanks WyoSun! I will get back to the plan this week and see how things go!
There is literature available from the coaches about salt and oil. A small part of this has to do with the ketogenic diet causing greater urination, a greater possibility of dehydration, and a burning of fat. With that we can lose electrolytes (salt is one), minerals, and need to replace our healthy fats. I am sure there is more but that is what I can recall for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
had a moment of clarity earlier. been at 163 for awhile now and am thinking i must have hit my second plateau. this is the lowest weight i've been in my adult life. i remember hitting 158 when i was 17 and a senior in high school after a couple of weeks of metobolife pills. i never dreamed i'd be back down here.

anyways..i'm thinking about shaking things up a bit, biting the bullet and doing 20 total carbs per day(not net, total) to hopefully jerk myself out of this.

i am fully aware of the packets that wll be my best friends(puddings and blueberry cranberry!!), but i'm wondering about the lowest carb veggies there are out there. the romaine lettuce i use on a daily basis has a kind of high carb count.

anyone else monitoring the lowest carbs veggies out there and/or dropped the carbs drastically to shake out of a plateau? if so, what were you favorite veggies and what were the results?

thanks y'all!!
Congratulations! I am sure you feel on top of the world!

I have watched for what some of the lowest carb levels are on veggies. I know someone had a spread sheet with veggies and there carb counts. I can't remember who but, if they read this, maybe they will post it for you.

I think, if I am remembering correctly, you use the net carb values. Right? ALSO, If I have read things correctly, these are the lowest I have found. They are NET CARB COUNTS and take out sugars. These are based on a website or two I like (nutritiondata and livestrong and a book, Dana Carpender's Carbohydrate Count):

4 spears asparagus has 2 carbs
(3oz) broccoli rabe has 1 carb
1 - 7" celery stalk has 1 carb
1cup turnip GREENS has 1 carb
1 cup watercress has 0 carb
1 cup cauliflower has 2 carb
1 cup beet GREENS has 2 carb
1 head of Endive has 1 carb (Actually carbs are around 17 with 16 grams of fiber)
1 cup Green Leaf lettuce has 1 carb
1 cup romaine has 1 carb
1 cup boston, iceberg, or butter leaf lettuce has 2 carb
1 cup red leaf lettuce has 0 carb
1 cup raw mushroom has 2 carb
1 cup mustard greens has 0 carb
1 cup RAW spinach has 0 carb
1/2 cup raw radish has 2 carb
1/2 cup zucchini or yellow summer (crooked neck) squash has 2.5 carb
1 cup PEELED cucumber has 3 carb
1 cup GREEN cabbage has 3 carbs cooked or raw.
1 cup RAW red cabbage has 3 carbs (it goes to 6 if you cook it)
1/2 cup broccoli has 3 carbs
1/2 cup Kale has 3.5 carbs cooked or raw
1/2 cup Dandelion greens has 3.5 carbs cooked or raw
1/2 cup chard has 3.5 carbs

Everything else I have found has 4 or more carbs per 1/2 cup. OR I haven't looked it up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
What a tough day. Went grocery shopping with my hubby and if I did not have any restraint I could have lost it. Chocolate cookies, ice cream oh my. My husband said he can't believe how well I have done. It's been majorly hard to fight temptation.
Sounds like you met a challenge! Congratulations!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-02-2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: edited answer to mamaerinb to show source & net carb
Old 08-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #78  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
Thanks for the ticker advice! I have been sitting here forever trying to figure it out. I had no idea there were cheese in carbs! My nutrition facts said zero, but of course it's too good to be true. I should've known better!
if the nutritional content is 0 then it's 0 what cheese has that?!?!

CARLA!

thank you SO much for those, i am definitely stocking up on raw spinach and celery this week.

now.....watercress..i have seen this and never tried it, anyone had it and what is your report???

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-01-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #79  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Well, made it through Day 1! Wow! It's hard to eat all those vegetables!! I ended up drinking 9 glasses of water.... I work 12 hour shifts so I was always reaching for the water bottle. What a pain having to go wee all the time, I have to be relieved at work in order to do so, I felt kinda like a a pest but Oh well! The food tastes good, just wondering what do you guys use to heat up your soups in the microwave? I was using a cup at work but it's too small and the soup runs all over the sides Anyways, I am totally wiped out, so extremely tired and yah 5:30am comes too fast! Best of luck everyone!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I forgot to eat a snack...:0(
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #81  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I forgot to eat a snack...:0(

eat it now!!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hmmm, this is interesting. I am at week 12 and have lost just about 35 pounds. I have a job (video producer) which has EXTREMELY stressful peaks: I was shooting all last week and will be most of this week.

By Thursday of last week, I was feeling bad, for the first time since starting IP. I tried an extra premade shake, and no help. Tried extra veggies, salt, water and no help. By Friday I was nauseous I was so exhausted...not hungry, not craving, just felt bad, bad, and getting worse. I could hardly walk. Finally, in desperation I ate 2 bars. Within about 10 minutes I felt fine. The next day I felt badly again, all day. Today (Sunday) I felt badly when I got up. I was at the airport (on my way to the next shoot) and I ordered a piece of spelt toast (French Meadow). Again, within about 10 minutes I felt great.

I am beginning to wonder what the heck is going on here. I have been eating all the same things I always have, taking all my supplements, etc. And I have been under this same kind of stress 2-3 times in the past 12 weeks. But suddenly it seems my body seems to be freaking OUT on IP and is telling me it needs more carbs (even though I still have no interest in eating them).

I'm wondering if any of you have any thoughts: does being under physical/mental stress increase our need for carbs? I mean, there must be a reason our body can even process carbs, and we obviously NEED them for something, but what is it?

I've been thinking about putting myself into Phase III for awhile, because I felt so horrible I really worried about doing some kind of damage (and I literally could not do my job I was so sick, exhausted and shaky, but not hungry).

Carla or others, if you can add more thoughts to this, I would truly appreciate it. IP has been wonderful and I have been planning on lowering my goal to 130, but I am suddenly FREAKED out. If I eat Phase III for this next week, then what??
My opinion is talk to your coach. I don't know what causes this for some people. I do know the carbs help which may indicate a possibility of too low a blood glucose or too low a serotonin level. With you suggesting feeling nauseous and not hungry it makes me think of hypoglycemia symptoms. I am not a doctor or nurse so that may be the wrong way to go but, I would consider talking to a medical professional and, maybe, monitoring your glucose levels during those moments. You may be able to get an inexpensive glucometer and test strips at the pharmacy or with a dr script.

Some people and articles will disagree with what I write next. Given that this is still a very controversial topic, each person must do their research and decide what they feel science best supports. In my opinion, the support is for the belief that our bodies NEED carbs. This is not a NO carb diet and carbs ARE HEALTHY. They provide energy, monitor glucose, help with cholesterol, aid in brain chemistry and hormone production and more. We don't need a large amount of carbs or unhealthy carbs but we can't remove them completely and stay fully healthy. In this diet, we get carbs from the packets, the ounce of skim milk, and our veggies. It is a key reason we can not eliminate them.

"Not everyone should have the same amount or type of carbohydrates. People with diabetes for example, should be careful to regulate their blood sugar either by altering their carbohydrate intake, or by using insulin. Hypoglycemic people on the other hand, should keep some simple sugar such as a piece of fruit handy, just in case their blood glucose drops too low. Another special case is people who have cystic fibrosis related diabetes (CFRD.) Because of their requirement for high calorie intake, they should not be limited in how many carbs they have, rather, they should adjust their insulin as needed."

NOW, some people need a few more carbs to function well. Some of these people have issues with low serotonin levels. Serotonin is a part of our brain chemistry and helps us manage mood, stress, temperature, appetite, and sleep. We use a fairly large amount when under stress. It is interesting that this is replaced more easily in the presence of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates make available in our blood amino acids that pass the blood brain barrier and can be used to make serotonin. Protein blocks the availability of those aminos and reduces what crosses the barrier. When under stress, if we aren't eating carbs, and not making it easy for our body to replenish its serotonin levels, our levels can drop quite a bit and we feel very uncomfortable.

Another situation is hypoglycemia. This is when blood glucose is too low. Normal gluconeogenesis signals for glucagon to be released from the pancreas and glycogen to be released from the liver to be converted to glucose. This still happens for us while on a ketogenic diet. HOWEVER, if you are not getting enough of the essential elements necessary for your body to kick off the gluconeogenesis it is possible to develop low blood sugar anyway. It is also possible to have hypoglycemia if you are going too long between meals where there isn't enough glycogen store in the liver for the gluconeogenesis process to be operative on OR if you are eating a meal that spikes the insulin (as in PHASE 3 after breakfast) and that spike is followed by a reactive hypoglycemia ie the spike of insulin too greatly drops blood sugar.

The typical signs of low sugar levels are hunger, trembling, tingling, shakiness, nausea, pale face, and sweating.

According to Medilexicon's medical dictionary, hypoglycemia is "Symptoms resulting from low blood glucose (normal glucose range 60-100 mg/dL [3.3-5.6 mmol/L]), which are either autonomic or neuroglycopenic. Autonomic symptoms include sweating, trembling, feelings of warmth, anxiety, and nausea. Neuroglycopenic symptoms include feelings of dizziness, confusion, tiredness, difficulty speaking, headache, and inability to concentrate."

"The following conditions can cause hypoglycemia:
• (In diabetics) taking too much insulin, skipping a meal, exercising too strenuously, drinking too much alcohol
• Critical organ failure (kidney, heart, or liver)
• Hormone deficiencies
• Tumors
• Fasting
• Inherited abnormalities
• Lack of an appropriate diet, especially with a critical illness
• With strenuous exercise
• After gastrointestinal surgery
• Certain medications, including quinolones, pentamidine, quinine, beta blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme agents and IGF
• Autoimmune disorders
Safety & Side Effects

The ketogenic diet is both safe and effective, with rare side effects only when it is not strictly followed. There is documentation of rare kidney stones formation, lowered immune functions, low blood sugar, and implication of increased serum lipid profile which requires close monitoring."

Ideal Protein realizes some persons need a few more carbs and there is the alternate phase 1 to use. Please see a doctor and talk to your coach. If you are having hypoglycemia it can get worse.

In the meantime, watch your day and food intake. Try to eat a little something every 2 to 3 hours. Vegetables have some carbs and will help keep enough glycogen in the liver for gluconeogenesis to do its job. Stay hydrated so that excess ketones don't cause nausea.

I just looked back and both days, to get the 10 min pick-me-up, you had about 25g or so of carb at one time. You may need to temporarily go on the alternate phase 1 diet and gradually wean yourself back to the normal plan. Are you already using a restricted item every day? You should be. It is ok in the diet and even being recommended on the new protocol that just came out.

I think there is a very workable solution for what is happening. If you are experiencing added stress right now at work, it may be just enough to be causing you to need a change in diet temporarily. Even if that is not the case, listen to your body. Try to add just enough carb, each day, to keep at the lowest necessary level to keep you feeling ok. Watch your weigh in. If you are "hearing" and responding to your body properly, you will still be losing.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-02-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: corrected a few typos
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
if the nutritional content is 0 then it's 0 what cheese has that?!?!

CARLA!

thank you SO much for those, i am definitely stocking up on raw spinach and celery this week.

now.....watercress..i have seen this and never tried it, anyone had it and what is your report???

Erin,

I love watercress! I use to eat it on sandwiches but not in a long time now. I gave up bread about a year before starting IP.

I use it in crepes, with my omelettes, little braised or sauteed, added to a salad, added to soup. It is a nice light flavor. It is very good with ham or eggs.

"By weight, Watercress has more calcium than milk, more vitamin C than an orange and more absorbable Iron than Spinach (spinach is loaded with Oxlactic acid, which blocks the natural absorption of iron). A single 4 ounce bunch has more than a full days RDA for Potassium."
The link below has plenty of info on watercress (provided the note above) and has a few recipes. Google watercress recipes and you will find many to choose from!

http://www.watercress.com/recipes.aspx

PS: I edited my last post. As Linden noticed, there was some confusion with my carb counts. If I am remembering correctly you use NET carb count. All the counts I gave you in the prior post were net carbs.. fiber taken out.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-02-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #84  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow... 6 pages of posts in one day... OK so I maybe to late to vote but I say ..... dant dannanna.... sling back, you look amazing by the way and I have a very handsome son for that very cute granddaughter of yours... shes a few months older than him but he likes the older ladies....
Mama- good call on joining the Y, I wish I could go to the gym I just have very little time and we live in the country so I have equipment and dvds at home but its not the same... I really want to try hot yoga... my husband suggested I put on many layers, turn the portable heater on in my workout room and voila hot yoga....he is so funny I could kick him.
I bruise pretty easy now I find random black and blue spots all over but I am very clumsy (always been clumsy cant blaim that one on IP) I did start taking vit c and it seems to help.
I did have some issues with the shakes in the middle of the night .... I found I needed more water and I was fine, I noticed it was happening on days when i would forget my salt or not have enough water.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #85  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
In my opinion, the support is for the belief that Our bodies NEED carbs. This is not a NO carb diet and carbs ARE HEALTHY. ... Watch your weigh in. If you are "hearing" and responding to your body properly, you will still be losing.
Carla, thank you for being so generous with your time and knowledge. I will read this all through several times in the next day, but it seems to ring very true. I can't see my coach for the next 10 days, but I think I can gather some more "data" on my reactions in the meantime, and still be able to feel I am making healthy choices. THANK YOU!!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #86  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
1 cup cauliflower has 2 carb
1 cup beet GREENS has 2 carb
1 head of Endive has 1 carb
1 cup Green Leaf lettuce has 1 carb
1 cup romaine has 1 carb
Hi, Carla,

I'm getting fairly different carb counts on everything using the USDA Nutrition Data Laboratory calculator.

For instance, 1 C, 107 grams of cauliflower raw is 5.32 rather than two; 1 C or 124 grams cooked is 5.1.

One head of raw endive, 513 grams, = 17.19 carbs. Since "head" is subjective, 1 C or 50 grams = 1.68 carbs. This is what I'm using for my measurements. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

I truly would like to believe your numbers, but I'm not sure what is confusing the issue. I've always pretty much trusted USDA data.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #87  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Some people and article will disagree with what I write next. Given that this is still a very controversial topic each person must do their research and decide what they feel science best supports. In my opinion, the support is for the belief that Our bodies NEED carbs. This is not a NO carb diet and carbs ARE HEALTHY.
Carla - Totally believe that to be true... as I come closer to phase 4 I am thinking about how I am gonna introduce carbs back into my life, as we do need them, I certainly dont need as many as I was consuming before IP or the variety of carbs (I was a pasta, pasta and oh a little more pasta girl) I was eating.... but they are, at least I think a necessary part of a balanced diet which is what we are all ultimately trying to get to once we have lost the weight.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi, Carla,

I'm getting fairly different carb counts on everything using the USDA Nutrition Data Laboratory calculator.

For instance, 1 C, 107 grams of cauliflower raw is 5.32 rather than two; 1 C or 124 grams cooked is 5.1.

One head of raw endive, 513 grams, = 17.19 carbs. Since "head" is subjective, 1 C or 50 grams = 1.68 carbs. This is what I'm using for my measurements. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

I truly would like to believe your numbers, but I'm not sure what is confusing the issue. I've always pretty much trusted USDA data.
Sorry Linden! I have never used that weblink before. Interesting info.

I have used several others: nutritiondata.com, livestrong.com the daily plate search tool, sparkpeople, calorieking, and Dana Carpender's carbohydrate counting book. Most of the information on my chart is from nutritiondata and Dana Carpender's book if my memory is right for that.

I think the confusion may be coming from my rushing to answer before a movie started and I was incomplete. I should have noted that I gave net carbohydrate counts. If I am remembering correctly, Erin has been using net counts. I should have stated that I suppose. The endive head has roughly 17 carbs but roughly 16 are fiber so 1 net carb per head.

I will edit my posts to reflect the address to audience and the method used.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #89  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
If I am remembering correctly, Erin has been using net counts. I should have stated that I suppose. The endive head has roughly 17 carbs but roughly 16 are fiber so 1 net carb per head.
Oh! I can't tell you how relieved I am. I felt so silly contradicting you, and then I figured my memory must have slipped another few notches. But I've always had a good memory for figures. What a relief.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, went to an event tonight, and was really worried about being able to eat. I decided to prep by drinking a ready made shake before I went, even though I would have normally waited to have an after dinner snack. Imagine my lovely surprise when nearly everything was IP friendly! Salad, had them hold the dressing, cedar plank salmon, done in olive oil, heriloom tomatoes (hadn't had any this week) and veggies. Man, I was so excited to be able to eat! And, not to mention, it was amazingly good.

Best part of the night, I got my picture taken with Sir Charles Barkley! Once I figure out that photo bucket business, I'll post it for all. Woot!
Closed Thread