Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

VOTE: STRAPPY (THE FIRST ONES) OR SLING BACKS (THE BOTTOM ONES)

This is the outfit I bought for the job interview. Of course I have no make up, hair, accessories, girdle, etc. All comments, opinions and suggestions are welcome.
The strappy ones make your legs look hot. But I almost always go with what feels most comfortable.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

You'll love the George Forman, Xanthia. I use mine all the time.

I myself am panicking, with no good reason. I just had a VERY filling meal of mushrooms and meatballs sauteed in a bit of olive oil, and mashed turnips with another dab of oil and seasonings on the side. The meatballs are from an organization sponsored by our school called Market Day and when I checked (AFTER the fact ) I found out they contained 7 g of carbohydrates. That coupled with the fact I feel so FULL and I have my third week weigh in tomorrow evening has left me feeling really uneasy that I've semi-blown it. Tomorrow will tell.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #48  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Kelsey

The Slingback and I will quote my favorite Fashionista Stacy London for this: The strappy cuts off your leg at your ankle and the slingbacks extend it to your toes - making your leg looks longer and thus you look slimmer! Now, if you can find a slingback with a pointy toe, the effect is even more dramatic. At barely 5'2", I live by this rule!

Last edited by lookin for loss; 08-01-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Kelsey: Strappy or Sling Back? ... I vote Sling Back. They both look awesome on you, but I guess I am just conservative. I think the Sling Back looks more professional. Either way, you have the power of the IP force behind you. You will be a knockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Au contraire, mon amie!.. sure, the bones won't shrink, but Friday every pair of hiking boots & shoes I tried on & that fit me were 8-1/2... I haven't worn that size in years!.. AND, yeah, they were women's size, not men's... I had been noticing some of my 9-1/2 shoes were getting looser... fat loss or fluid loss, & maybe one size isn't a lot, but I don't care... I'm just glad to have my old feet back...

hugs
I just bought two new pair of sandals (DSW) this spring and they already feel too loose on my feet. I went from an 8 to a 9 over the last 10 years. Maybe I'll get back to the 8's.

Here's to a GREAT week ahead for everyone!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #50  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
You'll love the George Forman, Xanthia. I use mine all the time.

I myself am panicking, with no good reason. I just had a VERY filling meal of mushrooms and meatballs sauteed in a bit of olive oil, and mashed turnips with another dab of oil and seasonings on the side. The meatballs are from an organization sponsored by our school called Market Day and when I checked (AFTER the fact ) I found out they contained 7 g of carbohydrates. That coupled with the fact I feel so FULL and I have my third week weigh in tomorrow evening has left me feeling really uneasy that I've semi-blown it. Tomorrow will tell.
Just keep drinking water.. maybe that will flush those extra carbs out.. and yes I LOVE my George Forman Grill!! and my new steak knives! and ... since my pots and pans are so warn out, you know when the non stick sticks even with olive oil spray,,,I ordered myself the new Rachel Ray 14 piece set!! woo hoo!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #51  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Horrible No Good Week!!
It was TOM and though everyone told me there would be no loss, I didn't believe. My precision and vigilance slipped - eyeballing servings, eating restricted foods and not getting the prescribed amount of veggies, oil, etc... I'm questioning the exactness in creating the right chemical balance for this diet. Does it fail if you don't take all the vitamins, eat the exact oil? I've kept the carbs low and the protein high but what about the rest of it? Will that extra cup of coffee ruin it for me????

I want to get back on track this week but the precision of IP is almost contrary to my nature ... thoughts?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
DSW - clearance! $28
Good point about how they feel. I'm not sure which I feel better in yet. I'll have to keep that in mind though. and yes, I am old enough, hey, I'm a grandmother already. My daughter who will be 23 in a few days gave me the greatest gift ever, my Alyssa. She will be 2 in October. She is my sunshine.
How adorable she is - I love her smile!! You are so very blessed!!

Barbara
Old 08-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #53  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Lookin for loss.....In my opinion, following the diet to a T is the way to go. When I first started I did just that. I was losing over 3lb. a week. I went on a vacation the first of June and started using restricted items(bars) and tweaking some things a bit. My losses have gone down. I have never gained, but I do not have the big losses I did in the beginning. One of my friends started 2 weeks after I did. Her only cheat has been some vodka at a couple events. She has maintained that faster losing pace. I am trying to get back on track to get this over with. I think it is important to track your food for the day, weigh and measure and follow the instructions you were given. The salt and oil are musts. This is contrary to what I have been doing, but I am speaking from experience when I say if I could have done anything different it would have been to stay very strict.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Coastalcrafter: Lisa,you started a day after me and are doing great, I lose pounds SLOWLY, but the inches are melting off..

Thank you Coastalcrafter! You are doing great too! I am doing ITG, so I am weighing and measuring myself. I am not seeing huge inches lost, but it's at least something every week. I figure anything is better than nothing or going up! I am definitely feeling and seeing a difference in my clothes!

amylew: Lisa, you and I are similar in our weight, height, starting IP, etc. My week 2 was only a little over a pound lost, and I was getting somewhat discouraged, but now, I'm toward the end of week 3, and the scale is going down daily. I'm trying to focus on a 3 pound a week AVERAGE in order to get to my goal. So some weeks may be 5 pounds and some weeks may be 1 pound. It's helping me look at the long haul so much better!

That's awesome amylew! That's exactly what I need to do...focus on the AVERAGE! I really need to figure out how to stay OFF the scale until weigh in day!

I went out to dinner tonight for the first time while on IP. I had chicken fajitas at Chili's. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I wanted my chicken plain, no cooked onions, and no tortillas, but I had my sea salt and pico de gallo and man was it yummy! It felt good to eat out and have something different! I almost felt like I was cheating!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I had this happen starting around week 12. In my case, I had lost about 30% of my ORIGINAL body weight so I am not certain which was doing it.

I know exactly what you mean by the hunger. It is definitely not a craving. You actually don't care to eat anything in particular and the idea of the added protein packet (restricted is just fine) or another protein meal is GREAT! You really are feeling hungry. I found it really did get bad physically if ignored it.

I know that around this time frame those in ketosis make a major adaptation to using ketones for fuel and it can cause some chemistry to change. You are also more efficient at burning the fat from what I have read. This can cause your body to balk a little because "you are taking to much" and it starts to send signals for you to supply something else. The problem is, if you don't take care of yourself, if your metabolism is a bit faster, you could burn some protein you want to keep i.e. muscle.

At the time that was going on with me, I spoke with my coach and was told not to alter anything. Now, keep in mind I was having NO occasional veggies and NO restricted foods and hadn't cheated at all even though I was on week 12 of the program. I stuck it out, didn't change a thing, suffered horribly, and went into a slow loss afterward.

My advice to you, eat the extra packets, try not to add too many of them as restricted items. Try not to have any other variations to the week. Track your results and see what happens. If you are still losing steadily, as you were, you are fine. If not, you are better off than having cheated. If you stall, back the packets off a bit. Maybe a 1/2 packet portion would be the key or a packet every other day? You could, instead of packets, choose to add a hard boiled egg or small slice of lean meat (no more than 3oz). This would add animal protein which is less bio available than the packet proteins but it will also be a little more cost effective.

I increased my omega oils a lot during that time. It was a good substitute but, when I look at it, I was still adding about 120 calories a day in the added oil and NO protein. Maybe packets would have been better.
Thanks for the reply, Carla. You are always so helpful and informative!
Today was much better...no crazy hunger shakes in the afternoon. The whole thing was really weird.

Kelsey - I vote slingbacks. More professional and I find that they make your legs look longer. You are simply gorgeous! Would never believe that you are that beautiful little girl's grandmother!

Erin - Love the hot new profile pic! Tiny white shorts, eh? JEALOUS!!

Ellie - I have also noticed a few dark bruises on my legs, but they aren't painful. I was thinking that maybe I'm bruising easier because I'm so freakin' cold all the time and the blood is not moving so fast!!

Congrats on all the success and NSVs last week ladies and gents...here's to an IDEAL week ahead!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 08-01-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #56  

Height: 5'8"

stina, you are too*sweet* i tried them on without any excitement bc i wear a 6 or 8 in womens..then got home and realized-HEY, i couldn't barely fit into size 9 junior's capris about a month ago and these 7's fit perfect and even got a tad too big throughout the day. it really is a good feeling
Old 08-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Omega-3 can cause easy bruising. I have been told by my doctor that when this occurs it means you may be taking too much. Reason being, it thins your blood (which is why it is so good for preventing heart attacks & strokes) and therefore your blood does not clot as well. People who are on other medications that thin the blood need to be really careful with Omega-3's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
BevS pointed this out to me, and I stopped the aspirin I was taking every morning. I don't seem to be quite the black-and-blue mess I was for awhile there. On the other hand, I'm no longer abusing my limbs by cleaning my garage, basement, and yard like I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
its not the omega 3s for me because I only and only take one fish oil pill in the morning, and no blood thinners. I just think I lost the fat and now I can see the blood vessels, they are carrying deoxygenated blood so the color us blue...ARGGg I don't know, I might just go get really tanned and be rid of it that way
Pycnogenol, an extract from pine bark, is an anti-oxidant. I believe there's research that indicates it strengthens capillary walls -- reducing the frequency of bruising.

Quote:
This is the outfit I bought for the job interview. Of course I have no make up, hair, accessories, girdle, etc. All comments, opinions and suggestions are welcome.
1. You look GREAT! Makeup, accessories, pshaw.
2. My vote is the slingback for the same reason lookinforloss listed above -- the line of your leg is uninterrupted from the vamp of the shoe to your hemline. Very elegant. You look as if you really like the heel on the strappy shoe. In my mind, the ideal shoe would be the slingback with the heel of the strappy shoe. Too bad custom shoemakers are rare and very expensive. <sigh>

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Christina, I was very hungry in the beginning(mostly in the afternoon). I made it through with celery and Walden Farms Peanut Butter. I used celery as a free food(not everyone agrees). I also sometimes just ate some of the salt. Also try drinking about 8-10 oz. of your water.
I love celery and PB -- Thanks WyoSun. I'll have to get some to try this. I'm looking for something to crunch in the afternoons and this could be just the thing.

I've read that some don't like the taste/texture of the Walden Farms PB. I'm wondering if spicing it up would work. Combinations that come to mind: garlic & cumin make it hummus-like, WF chipotle, chili powder/hot sauce and lime, simulate pesto with basil and garlic. When I get my hands on some, I'll try it and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm a BIG baker, but have been avoiding it because he will have 2-3 of whatever I bake then not touch them again so they just sit on the counter. I know that's not going to work for me, so I avoid it.
xanthia, that was a great solution. You got to bake, your husband got his fill, and your friend got a delicious birthday present. You're braver than I am; I'm not going to try baking until I'm sure I can keep my fingers from scraping the bowl at the end.

My sweetheart used to bake for me, and then have 2-3 of whatever leaving the rest for carboholic yours truly. I either hoovered them down, begged someone to take them off my hands or threw them out. What is it with these "take it or leave it" guys?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post
Horrible No Good Week!!
It was TOM and though everyone told me there would be no loss, I didn't believe. My precision and vigilance slipped - eyeballing servings, eating restricted foods and not getting the prescribed amount of veggies, oil, etc... I'm questioning the exactness in creating the right chemical balance for this diet. Does it fail if you don't take all the vitamins, eat the exact oil? I've kept the carbs low and the protein high but what about the rest of it? Will that extra cup of coffee ruin it for me????

I want to get back on track this week but the precision of IP is almost contrary to my nature ... thoughts?
I can't answer your question about how rigorously you have to follow the "prescription" of the diet. There probably is a correlation between fat loss/muscle retention and compliance but I don't think it's 100%. From what I've read from the more experienced folk, it's different for everyone. Factors that might play into it: how much you have to lose, your current lean body mass, your dieting history, your carb sensitivity, your pre-IP and current biochemistry...

In terms of getting back on track, could you pick one or two things every couple of days to restore to protocol? For example, start with getting enough veggies and measuring your protein for a couple of days. Then get the right oils and cut back the coffee.

Carla: thanks for acknowledging my post in the last chat thread. I'm really pleased with how things are going.

I'm concerned and a little anxious about doing this program during the winter. Maybe Lady5andy or Sweetstina know people who have done IP during a northern winter. Winters where I am aren't as cold as Ottawa and Québec, but if I have cold hands and feet now, what's it going to be like when the outside temp is well below freezing and arctic winds are blustering?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-01-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: avoiding double posting
Old 08-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Quote:

VOTE: STRAPPY (THE FIRST ONES) OR SLING BACKS (THE BOTTOM ONES)

I think they both look great! I say go with the ones that are the most comfortable! I'm sure you'll do great!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4972 View Post
I think they both look great! I say go with the ones that are the most comfortable! I'm sure you'll do great!
Kelsey: I agree, although I have to admit I like the strappy ones better. And would you look at those ankles!

Last edited by Linden; 08-01-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #60  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I vote the slingbacks. Wear the strappy ones with a shorter skirt.
Closed Thread