3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208739-ip-weekly-chat-august-1st-7th-2010-a.html)

Zebra35 08-01-2010 09:44 PM

I like the sling backs better

lookin for loss 08-01-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSun (Post 3415456)
... The salt and oil are musts.

I wonder if there's any literature that explains why this is so?? Thanks WyoSun! I will get back to the plan this week and see how things go! :)

mamaerinb 08-01-2010 10:12 PM

had a moment of clarity earlier. been at 163 for awhile now and am thinking i must have hit my second plateau. this is the lowest weight i've been in my adult life. i remember hitting 158 when i was 17 and a senior in high school after a couple of weeks of metobolife pills. i never dreamed i'd be back down here.

anyways..i'm thinking about shaking things up a bit, biting the bullet and doing 20 total carbs per day(not net, total) to hopefully jerk myself out of this.

i am fully aware of the packets that wll be my best friends(puddings and blueberry cranberry!!), but i'm wondering about the lowest carb veggies there are out there. the romaine lettuce i use on a daily basis has a kind of high carb count.

anyone else monitoring the lowest carbs veggies out there and/or dropped the carbs drastically to shake out of a plateau? if so, what were you favorite veggies and what were the results?

thanks y'all!!:)

Kelsey 08-01-2010 10:18 PM

And the winner is...

Not decided.

First of all thank you all for your kind words, as I myself was excited to buy a size 12 skirt, but when I saw the pictures I thought I looked terrible. You guys are too kind! Thank you!:hug:

Secondly, the votes are tied. Well, the strappy ones are ahead by 1, but that's not enough to make up my mind, so I'll just have to play around this week and figure it out Thursday! I promise to let you know. The truth is I've always been leaning towards the sling backs, but DH loves the strappy ones, so I had to get them, and now I love them both.

Coastal, I have a hair appointment on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll wear it down and hopefully just have to "fluff" it a little bit.

Any other advice on the outfit? I'm thinking about a gold omega necklace, what do you all think?

Also, I have these earrings:
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...myearrings.jpg that I love. I want to wear them.

Okay, 5:30 comes early, and I do have to work! Good night everyone. I wish an Ideal week for us all.

Coastalcrafter 08-01-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3415643)
Not decided.

First of all thank you all for your kind words, as I myself was excited to buy a size 12 skirt, but when I saw the pictures I thought I looked terrible. You guys are too kind! Thank you!:hug:

Secondly, the votes are tied. Well, the strappy ones are ahead by 1, but that's not enough to make up my mind, so I'll just have to play around this week and figure it out Thursday! I promise to let you know. The truth is I've always been leaning towards the sling backs, but DH loves the strappy ones, so I had to get them, and now I love them both.

Coastal, I have a hair appointment on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll wear it down and hopefully just have to "fluff" it a little bit.

Any other advice on the outfit? I'm thinking about a gold omega necklace, what do you all think?

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...myearrings.jpg that I love. I want to wear them.

Okay, 5:30 comes early, and I do have to work! Good night everyone. I wish an Ideal week for us all.

may I make a suggestion? what if you wore a grey or black top under the blouse and wear the blouse open with a longer thin chain type necklace (maybe 16 inch? )..and the sling backs do look more professional..
just my thoughts...:hug:

Gabby Lou 08-01-2010 10:34 PM

What a tough day. Went grocery shopping with my hubby and if I did not have any restraint I could have lost it. Chocolate cookies, ice cream oh my. My husband said he can't believe how well I have done. It's been majorly hard to fight temptation.

By the way the sling backs are my choice.

Linden 08-01-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3415497)
stina, you are too*sweet*;) i tried them on without any excitement bc i wear a 6 or 8 in womens..then got home and realized-HEY, i couldn't barely fit into size 9 junior's capris about a month ago and these 7's fit perfect and even got a tad too big throughout the day. it really is a good feeling:)

I wish I knew how you did that -- getting lighter(earlier post) or thinner as the day goes on. Well of course, you're unique. We knew that. Still, just a hint?

mamaerinb 08-01-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3415679)
I wish I knew how you did that -- getting lighter(earlier post) or thinner as the day goes on. Well of course, you're unique. We knew that. Still, just a hint?

hahaha!! I KNOW! my entire life i've weighed myself in the morning because i'm sure that i'm less then and will like the results better, but 3pm is normally the lowest i get for the day. maybe the coffee in the morning combined with low weight packets at breakfast and lunch like cereal and chili?? i really don't understand it!! aghh!

unique...:lol:, that i am!

gabbylou

i think we have the same husband!! he's in the living room right now eating breyers reeses peanut butter cup ice cream out of the carton. AND he'll probablylose weight overnight from it. grrrr...

melissa

LOVE the earrings, so pretty!

Steph26 08-01-2010 10:53 PM

Well, I've made it through day 5, although I did eat a bite of cheese. I'm feeling pretty guilty about, but at least it was no carbs....right? I'm still not exercising, and I feel incredibly lazy. I have my first weigh in tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how many inches I've lost. I also signed up to have a ticker, but I'm not sure how to get in on here....any advice?

Linden 08-01-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3415643)
Not decided.

I adore your granddaughter -- she's sort of the epitome of kissable and hugable. And really like the earrings. When I first looked at the outfit I thought a silver belt, hip draped, and ends hanging down, off center, would add to your height and break up the squareness of the blouse. But that implies I questioned the outfit, and that simply isn't true. I think it's a grand choice - sleek, professional, and it suits you and an interview.

Steph26 08-01-2010 10:57 PM

I;m Hoping this will add my ticker. Sorry for the multiple posts...bear with me!;)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...FMW/weight.png

mamaerinb 08-01-2010 11:08 PM

steph

you'll be able to add your ticker to your signature after 20 days on 3fc and 20 posts, so post it up! you'll just have to go into your user control and click edit signature(this option will not show until you have met the above requirements).

you're doing great! keep up the good work!! and watch for carbs in cheese, because they are there!

mamaerinb 08-01-2010 11:11 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

i have finally done like ellie has told me and we're joining the ymca on august 13th!!! cannot wait! been avoiding this because i hate the idea of leaving my kids with strangers but my best friend is going to sign her and her hubby up too and my kids will have her kiddos there for support if they're feeling sad without mommy and daddy!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, yoga classes and stair stepper here i come!

Steph26 08-01-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3415713)
steph

you'll be able to add your ticker to your signature after 20 days on 3fc and 20 posts, so post it up! you'll just have to go into your user control and click edit signature(this option will not show until you have met the above requirements).

you're doing great! keep up the good work!! and watch for carbs in cheese, because they are there!

Thanks for the ticker advice! I have been sitting here forever trying to figure it out. I had no idea there were cheese in carbs! My nutrition facts said zero, but of course it's too good to be true. I should've known better!

nitenic 08-01-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3415719)
i have finally done like ellie has told me and we're joining the ymca on august 13th!!! cannot wait! been avoiding this because i hate the idea of leaving my kids with strangers but my best friend is going to sign her and her hubby up too and my kids will have her kiddos there for support if they're feeling sad without mommy and daddy!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, yoga classes and stair stepper here i come!

Yay! I'm sure you'll love it! :D

With your dance background, you should also check out the zumba classes.