Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Motiv8tedmama--

I see from your profile you're a horseback rider! Me too. What kind of riding do you do? Do you have your own horses?

(You can't shut us up once we start....)
  • Quote: Motiv8tedmama--

I see from your profile you're a horseback rider! Me too. What kind of riding do you do? Do you have your own horses?

(You can't shut us up once we start....)

I just pleasure ride. We occasionally trail ride also. We have three horses, one is a pony, one is a quarter/draft and the other is a quarter who is not broke yet. I love them. My daughters were in barrel racing lessons, but due to time constraints, I had to take them out.

What kind of riding do you do?
  • I for some reason forgot how to get a pic on here from my computer, as a reply, so I put a new comparison pic on my profile. You'll have to check it out! It's so awesome to look at the difference!!
  • Quote: oh I forgot to mention the 1+1/2 inch loss was from my upper arms!!! ( The hangy down stuff is shrinking!!) My coach commented " wow".. I told her it's the SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!
    Quote: I just do my own thing- hold it in each arm and shake back and forth..hold it in front of me with elbows bent out, and shake , then up over my head with elbows bent,and shake.. IF you FEEL it while shaking, it's working!!!!!!
    My third day with the Shake Weight & I think I'm getting the hang of it... at first it was hard to keep it operating, but tonight I did all the positions & got a good workout with each one... the first time, I did it with the DVD, but since then I just keep my eye on the clock & do pretty much the same routine you're doing... thanks so much for introducing me!.. can't wait to see the results...

hugs
  • Quote: What kind of riding do you do?
    Endurance. A great way to ruin a perfectly good trail ride. But we do a lot of trail riding for fun, too, which I really enjoy. My <3 horse is a 19-year-old Connemara/TB cross (mare) and I have a young Arab/Saddlebred filly, plus my daughter's ancient eventer who's retired up in Ithaca.

Quote: I for some reason forgot how to get a pic on here from my computer, as a reply, so I put a new comparison pic on my profile. You'll have to check it out! It's so awesome to look at the difference!!
    You look fantastic! So much healthier and your face is so different! Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: Wow Josh! Your weight is right around mine.... how long did it take to lose the first 100lbs?? I'd really like to know please
    About six months =D
  • Quote: I had a liquid that was bitter. I now use powder and honestly it tastes like sugar to me the liquid didn't, it's called PureVia. What type of Stevia are you using?
    I use the SweetLeaf powdered SteviaPlus, which contains inulin fiber.

Quote: Hey everyone!!

I want to stop in and say I have not forgotten about you all! I hope all are doing well. I have not been on much, been super busy, bad excuse I know, and my computer is acting up like crazy, I have a bad power supply cord and it shuts off when it feels like it.

I've been doing well, had some slow going for a bit but am up to a two something loss this week, so hoping this gets me back in good loss mode. Either way, I'm loosing and good with that! I have been getting compliments like crazy finally and it is sooo nice. The hard work does pay off y'all, just keep at it, even when that scale doesn't move, don't give up, before long, you'll be looking and feeling so much better!

Anyhow, wanted to say, Hi and I miss you all!!!
    Quote: I for some reason forgot how to get a pic on here from my computer, as a reply, so I put a new comparison pic on my profile. You'll have to check it out! It's so awesome to look at the difference!!
    I love the new picture. What a difference between the before and after! Your neck is getting so much thinner!
  • Popcorn allowed? No butter of course!
  • [QUOTE=lcw32;3417467] Accountability is good. Do you weigh in with a coach?

Yep, I do weigh in with a coach. I lost 10 pounds in a month, then have plateaued at this weight for the last month, due to many factors of my own doing. I just need to crack down and get it done.
  • Quote: Popcorn allowed? No butter of course!
    Popcorn isnt allowed =( even without butter. I wish it was allowed =x
  • Quote: It's so awesome to look at the difference!!
    you are right, it is SO awesome. What a great job you have done!!!

Quote: Popcorn allowed? No butter of course!
    not until phase IV
  • Quote: Good morning all!!

3rd week weigh in this morning... and I'm down 3 lbs and another 1 +1/2 inches. I should have my permanent tracker/signature by later today.. I started posting 21 days ago...
    Keep going Coastalcrafter. You're doing great!:

Quote: When I first joined this forum back in May, I posted that a couple of friends & I are going to Colorado at the end of August to work on the Continental Divide Trail Project... this has been & continues to be my major motivation for sticking with IP & exercise
    Aunt Sheshie this is sssooooooooo cool!!!!!! I admire your commitment to getting healthy AND contributing to the world we live in through such a terrific volunteer commitment!

Quote: On Day 2.... I am soooo tired!! I can feel the weight leaving but why am I so tired! Not a good thing when I'm at work, feeling a bit light headed and slightly headachey but I'm Ok. Can't wait for day 4 to be over, hopefully I'll feel better then.
    Petclerk, hang in there... it'll get better...

Quote: Everyone here helps keep me in line moreso than I feel I contribute but I do try, I mean come on who wants to have Novak yellin at ya, um I mean motivating you Hee eehhhh hee. It would be nice if we had more of us but I guess for some once their done they move on... I need the support still sorry not need... LIKE the support, the program I can read off a sheet, but the support and experiences are priceless.
    Wannabe, I for one appreciate your goofy sense of humor! I know when I see one of your posts, more than likely it's gonna make me smile or laugh - so keep it up (and leave the drill coach routine errrr motivating coach to Novak). That's one of the great things about this site: everyone has something important and unique to share and it's ALL appreciated.

Quote: Hey everyone!!
    Anyhow, wanted to say, Hi and I miss you all!!!
    Wow! Lookin' good motiv8edmama!
  • [QUOTE=BevS;3417540]I use the SweetLeaf powdered SteviaPlus, which contains inulin fiber.

Thanks .. the liquid I used was SweetLeaf brand, it was very bitter IMO.
  • All right ladies I went in for my first weigh in today, and.....drumroll please......I am down 9.2 lbs and 8 inches! I'm am so excited!
  • Quote: Well, I've made it through day 5, although I did eat a bite of cheese. I'm feeling pretty guilty about, but at least it was no carbs....right? I'm still not exercising, and I feel incredibly lazy. I have my first weigh in tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how many inches I've lost. I also signed up to have a ticker, but I'm not sure how to get in on here....any advice?
    How did your first weigh in go? We are starting off at close to the same weight around the same time. It is kind of nice to find someone else who is similar to me! I hope the weigh in went well!