3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Help me appease the skeptics.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208404-help-me-appease-skeptics.html)

sillyputty 07-28-2010 01:37 PM

Help me appease the skeptics....

I have been harrassed ever since I started this diet... "It's dangerous", "You can't eat like this forever", "People gain their weight back after this diet", "It's impossible to lose weight that fast" BLAH BLAH BLAH

I personally feel pretty good... better than sluggish, bloated, etc.

Are any of you, or people you know, off the diet, eating normally and have maintained your weight? If so, are you eating "regualar foods" again. I don't mean fried food, chips, etc. but breads, fruit, etc?

HELP ME SHUT THEM UP WITH SOME EVIDENCE! :listen:

Luvleebrown 07-28-2010 01:50 PM

I'm new to IP, so I'd be interested in this topic too. :chin:

beerab 07-28-2010 01:55 PM

I don't think you have to explain anything to anyone- as someone mentioned before (in another thread) you just say "I appreciate your concern but this is the diet plan approved by my doctor and myself."

I eat low carb and higher protein and veggies with very little fruit, if anyone questions I tell them that because of my condition I have to eat this way. If they continue to bug me I just ignore them honestly.

Novak 07-28-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyputty (Post 3408328)
Are any of you, or people you know, off the diet, eating normally and have maintained your weight? If so, are you eating "regualar foods" again. I don't mean fried food, chips, etc. but breads, fruit, etc?

Yes. We are on the "Life After Phase 1" thread. :D

natchamp 07-28-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyputty (Post 3408328)
I have been harrassed ever since I started this diet... "It's dangerous", "You can't eat like this forever", "People gain their weight back after this diet", "It's impossible to lose weight that fast" BLAH BLAH BLAH

I personally feel pretty good... better than sluggish, bloated, etc.

HELP ME SHUT THEM UP WITH SOME EVIDENCE! :listen:

Wonderful video from Dr. Tran Tien himself on exactly this issue.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article143

Aunt Sheshie 07-28-2010 02:53 PM

Except for my son, my family (parents, brother, sister, uncles, aunts, you name it) are the biggest naysayers I know... that's why my son is the only one I've told about IP... nobody else, friends & other people who see me, has asked what kind of diet I'm on, but all are super-supportive... I've spent my life having to justify each & every action to some people, & I just don't feel like it anymore... this diet is my business, my body, my money, not theirs... I've done the research, they haven't, so how could they really know the truth about it better than I do?..

Sorry, I got on a roll there!..

hugs :hug:

Linden 07-28-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3408469)
Except for my son, my family (parents, brother, sister, uncles, aunts, you name it) are the biggest naysayers I know... that's why my son is the only one I've told about IP... nobody else, friends & other people who see me, has asked what kind of diet I'm on, but all are super-supportive... I've spent my life having to justify each & every action to some people, & I just don't feel like it anymore... this diet is my business, my body, my money, not theirs... I've done the research, they haven't, so how could they really know the truth about it better than I do?..

Sounds like you just lost a great weight. Hugs back to you.

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3408469)

ROLL AWAY lovely lady!!!!!

sillyputty 07-28-2010 03:43 PM

here here! some people have even reduced medications, feel better, etc. so I don't see the problem. What I want to spend my money on is my concern!

salesgod 07-28-2010 04:02 PM

I could care less about what other people think when it comes to being on IP. It's working for me. I've lost 86 pounds, my blood pressure is down, my blood sugar is down, and I feel better than I've felt in years. The skeptics can kiss my steadily shrinking backside.

The next time you run into a skeptic, fire back at them with the ammo you have about how truly unhealthy their diet is. My skeptic brother likes to poke fun at how "unsafe" my diet is. My response is that my weight is down, my blood pressure is down, by blood sugar is down, my energy is up, I sleep better at night, and I'm enjoying food like never before -- so if you want to talk about unsafe, let's talk about the risks of having a belly full of Mountain Dew and donuts! :-D

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3408593)
I could care less about what other people think when it comes to being on IP. It's working for me. I've lost 86 pounds, my blood pressure is down, my blood sugar is down, and I feel better than I've felt in years. The skeptics can kiss my steadily shrinking backside.

The next time you run into a skeptic, fire back at them with the ammo you have about how truly unhealthy their diet is. My skeptic brother likes to poke fun at how "unsafe" my diet is. My response is that my weight is down, my blood pressure is down, by blood sugar is down, my energy is up, I sleep better at night, and I'm enjoying food like never before -- so if you want to talk about unsafe, let's talk about the risks of having a belly full of Mountain Dew and donuts! :-D

:lol3::rofl: LOve it ... dewy donuts, haaahhhhaaa, I love it when a smoker, who drinks coffee all day long tells me how unhealthy this is.... sillyputty ... tell them to go have another donut or just say 'nothing' proof is in the pudding so to speak, you will have the last word

salesgod 07-28-2010 04:31 PM

Seriously, let's be honest about it. I didn't get fat eating salads and vegetables with WF dressings! I got fat because I liked chinese food and pizza and super-sizing my combo meal at whatever fast food joint was around!

I eat a complete protein meal for breakfast. The skeptics skip it and kick start their day with sugary, creamy bean water.

For lunch I eat 2 cups of veggies, another complete protein, and a salad. The skeptics eat greasy, fatty protein surrounded by circles of worthless white flour cakes, coated with fat, with a cup of deep fried starch dipped in sweetened tomato paste.

In the afternoon, I drink water. The skeptics reach for a soft drink and a handful of candy when their lunch sugar rush fades.

For dinner, I eat a healthy serving of lean meat, more veggies, and a salad. The skeptics call Dominos and pat themselves on the back for finding a way to work processed tomatoes into their diet.

If the diet I'm on is unsafe and I can't live like that forever, what can we really say about the skeptic's diet? I know where I was headed on the skeptic's diet, and it was a one-way ticket to bad news junction.

sillyputty 07-28-2010 04:33 PM

Well said!

kplus80 07-28-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3408654)
Seriously, let's be honest about it. I didn't get fat eating salads and vegetables with WF dressings! I got fat because I liked chinese food and pizza and super-sizing my combo meal at whatever fast food joint was around!

I eat a complete protein meal for breakfast. The skeptics skip it and kick start their day with sugary, creamy bean water.

For lunch I eat 2 cups of veggies, another complete protein, and a salad. The skeptics eat greasy, fatty protein surrounded by circles of worthless white flour cakes, coated with fat, with a cup of deep fried starch dipped in sweetened tomato paste.

In the afternoon, I drink water. The skeptics reach for a soft drink and a handful of candy when their lunch sugar rush fades.

For dinner, I eat a healthy serving of lean meat, more veggies, and a salad. The skeptics call Dominos and pat themselves on the back for finding a way to work processed tomatoes into their diet.

If the diet I'm on is unsafe and I can't live like that forever, what can we really say about the skeptic's diet? I know where I was headed on the skeptic's diet, and it was a one-way ticket to bad news junction.

Yes!! Very well put. And I still like your "kiss my steadily shrinking backside" comment.. I must use it sometime. :D

astrophe 07-28-2010 10:26 PM

Who is bothering you? How do they know you are on a diet?

Just tell them "Thanks, but in this matter you do not need to concern yourself for my sake." Or "Thanks, but its not up for discussion."

You don't need to "explain or justify" your health to them.

GL!
A.