Old 07-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #16  

Default Join everyone in the Weekly chat thread!

all new chicks!

Now that you've got your feet wet, come join the whole flock of chicks in the Weekly chat thread. :

removed link -- new thread opened. See Kelsey's post 2 below. Message 18

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-01-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: link I provided is no longer current thread
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

We are so happy to have you join in the chatter!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #18  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking Please join our weekly chat!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...th-2010-a.html

you'll find all sorts of new and seasoned people here!
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'7''

Hi all. I am on my 6th day. There is so much good information that is being shared. Good luck to all of you. We can do this!!!
breakoutbda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #20  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Hi everyone,
Day 5 for me and i am loving it! I was walking before but stopped when i started IP...wish i hadn't because I haven't felt tired. I am going to start walking today.

ponzu - are you using a dvd or a book. I went looking for something on Callastentics (sp) and couldn't find one so i picked up the T-tapp 15 minute to fitness(not sure if the title is right). I think it falls under the callastenics family. Anyone here of it, and or try it.

Going to the beach for 3 weeks ... so i won't be able to check the boards as frequently....i love all the information that you all share.

My first weigh in is on Monday...i'll post, i got on my scale after day 3 and i was down 11.5 lbs!! I can't believe it!! wowsers!!
I think the term you're looking for is Callanetics, named for Callan Pinkney.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #21  
Siouxzy

S/C/G: 179/168/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakoutbda View Post
Hi all. I am on my 6th day. There is so much good information that is being shared. Good luck to all of you. We can do this!!!
I'm on day 6 as well! I have tons of questions, will look through the posts first. My biggest thing has been HUNGER! I feel hungry ALL the time!??!?
Siouxzy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #22  

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Hi there! I joined IP yesterday and today is my first day with all the vitamins and whatnot. I'm feeling ok. I was VERY hungry a little earlier than normal. I brought an extra packet with me to work in case I needed it this afternoon but so far so good. It's almost 4pm and I'm going to try to hold out until dinner time.

I have experienced some lightheadedness and a dull headache but I'm attributing it to my first days on IP. This to will pass.

I've read over some posts here today and I'm very excited about the success people are having on IP!

Happy Losing!
Kristiv88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #23  

Default new here

Ok, I have been on the IP diet for about 2 1/2months. I found this website by accident. My cardiologist put me on this diet due to it having a beginning, middle and end. I don't know if anyone of you have experienced some of my issues but I'm going to ask. When I started I weighed in at 181 and was a size 10-12...my goal weight loss was 135. I am at 150 now and I am in a size 4...My Dr said he was concerned as I wear my weight differently (?). Anyway, I have been jumped to phase 3, completely skipping phase 2. I would like to know where I can find menu examples to follow as my coach didn't have any right off hand. She gave me a sheet she had showing just a cursory example of the phase 3 menu plan and I tried it today...Wow, does my stomach hurt...I feel really gassy and bloated. Am I supposed to feel like that? I am also having an issue with feeling cold all the time and bruising really easily. Is that normal? All my Dr could tell me was the bruising was a warning from my body about my weight loss. He also said I shouldn't be too concerned about what the scale said and look at my inches lost...has anyone else been told that? I know I have talked about a lot of different things here but I am concerned and want to keep doing this right so I don't gain the weight back. Any suggestions or similar issues?
meemajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4''

hey! welcome! i just started last month! & so far its great! everyone is S0000 supportive! good luck on your journey & keep us posted!
duhitskriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 192/178/149

Height: 5'8

Welcome - it is day 5 for me and I *think* it is starting to get easier. I haven't had a headache today, and not quite as hungry as the past few days. I completely understand how you are feeling...it is very fresh in my mind!
1ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #26  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemajen View Post
I know I have talked about a lot of different things here but I am concerned and want to keep doing this right so I don't gain the weight back. Any suggestions or similar issues?
Oh, my! You DO need help!

Well, fortunately, you've come to the right place, because we can answer all your questions and get you through the rest of the diet. There's not a more knowledgeable group of IP dieters around, and for many of us, these boards serve as our coaches.

First of all, I recommend you go over to the "Life After Phase 1" thread, and read up on Phases 3 and 4. Copies of the protocols and explanations for these phases are in a "Sticky" at the top of the IP page. They were posted on June 21st, by a woman named Jordanna. You need to print out the Phase 3 ones right away, because you'll need to do some menu planning.

Start there. We may need to know more about you, but I can tell you that this diet burns up fat like crazy, so you will lose inches and clothing sizes that don't seem to match what the scale says.

I'll be back shortly with more.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Ok, I have been on the IP diet for about 2 1/2months. I found this website by accident. My cardiologist put me on this diet due to it having a beginning, middle and end. I don't know if anyone of you have experienced some of my issues but I'm going to ask. When I started I weighed in at 181 and was a size 10-12...my goal weight loss was 135. I am at 150 now and I am in a size 4...My Dr said he was concerned as I wear my weight differently (?). Anyway, I have been jumped to phase 3, completely skipping phase 2. I would like to know where I can find menu examples to follow as my coach didn't have any right off hand. She gave me a sheet she had showing just a cursory example of the phase 3 menu plan and I tried it today...Wow, does my stomach hurt...I feel really gassy and bloated. Am I supposed to feel like that? I am also having an issue with feeling cold all the time and bruising really easily. Is that normal? All my Dr could tell me was the bruising was a warning from my body about my weight loss. He also said I shouldn't be too concerned about what the scale said and look at my inches lost...has anyone else been told that? I know I have talked about a lot of different things here but I am concerned and want to keep doing this right so I don't gain the weight back. Any suggestions or similar issues?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3351408-post19.html a post of the phase 3 protocol and explanations

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Really listen to what Novak, Bevs, Wannabe, Josh, or Melissa P tell you. They have all gone through phase 3. Novak, Bev, and Wannabe are in maintenance so they will be your best resource on here.

CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful success. You must feel really great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladybug View Post
Welcome - it is day 5 for me and I *think* it is starting to get easier. I haven't had a headache today, and not quite as hungry as the past few days. I completely understand how you are feeling...it is very fresh in my mind!
Yes, it does get easier! Sometimes the head thing has to take time to adjust. You get over carb withdrawal and then adjust to using ketones to fuel your brain. If you have a really persistent headache, try taking a little salt from your hand or in a glass of water. During ketosis it is easy to dehydrate.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #28  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
My cardiologist put me on this diet due to it having a beginning, middle and end. I don't know if anyone of you have experienced some of my issues but I'm going to ask. When I started I weighed in at 181 and was a size 10-12...my goal weight loss was 135. I am at 150 now and I am in a size 4
Just went back to consult my weight loss records.

We started at a similar weight, though I'm guessing you are taller than me, since I was wearing a larger size when I started. Do you know your current BMI?

Quote:
My Dr said he was concerned as I wear my weight differently (?). Anyway, I have been jumped to phase 3, completely skipping phase 2.
If you are in a size 4 now, you are probably ready to move off the weight loss phases (1 & 2). But is is VERY important that you do Phase 3 correctly, which you will learn on the "Life After" thread. You will find the information you need, and can ask questions of folks in Phases 3 and 4.

Quote:
She gave me a sheet she had showing just a cursory example of the phase 3 menu plan and I tried it today...Wow, does my stomach hurt...I feel really gassy and bloated. Am I supposed to feel like that?
I suspect this might be a result of skipping Phase 2, and not allowing your body to adjust to more normal food intake. You might want to do a few days of Phase 2 before you make the Phase 3 leap, which would probably help your body get used to processing real food and natural protein. In that time, read up on Phase 3, plan some breakfast menus, and do your shopping to make sure you have the right items.

Quote:
I am also having an issue with feeling cold all the time and bruising really easily. Is that normal? All my Dr could tell me was the bruising was a warning from my body about my weight loss.
We've had discussions about the coldness... that was not an issue for me, but others can share their experiences.

Bruising is also not uncommon... I've gotten some beauties while on IP. If you are on the IP supplements, the Omega 3 acts as a blood thinner. I was also taking Ecotrin when I started, which was ALSO a blood thinner. I ended up dropping the aspirin. And my blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I will assume you've seen some good results on the medical side... I hope you have.

SO, the other thing you need to know is that most folks hang out on the weekly chat thread, so stop over there and introduce yourself. Feel free to ask any additional questions... we have lots of research junkies with more information than you can imagine, a wonderful personal trainer, and a lovely group of supportive people who will welcome you with open arms and do whatever it takes to help you succeed.

And see? Carla has already made your life easier! (She's much handier that way than I am!)

Last edited by Novak; 08-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #29  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

hello all!!!
Welcome to the greatest group of people I know. Here to answer any questions you may have.
Congrats on making the change.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Default hi new here

Hi all, I'm new here just joined today.
I went to a seminar last night and meet with my "Coach"?? on Monday. Not really sure what it is all about yet but the info at the seminar made sense.

Probably have lots of questions but don't know what they are yet.

Nice to meet all.
gmfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote