Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Yesterday, I was tired of the same old clothes (the only ones that fit) so I pulled out a pair of khaki's I hadn't been able to wear for quite some time and....they fit with a bit of room to spare! Two weeks in to the program and I am hooked!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #452  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicforHim View Post
Hello, I am new today to this blog site, I am really interested in starting IP, but I am kinda a skeptic when it comes to diets like this.. does it really work?? And if so, will the pounds realisticly stay off. I am willing to spend the money, but I just dont know if it is a long term thing. thanks!
MusicforHim-To answer your first question. YES, the lbs really do come off. Some weeks are slower-- others, lbs just fly off. I want the answer to your second question. This is the BIG concern for those of us who are chronic dieters. I am betting on phases 2,3,4 helping make IP be a permanent solution. Hope I'm right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV!!! NSV!!!!

Friday is casual at the clinic so we wear jeans. Originally I didn't participate in casual Friday because I didn't have jeans that fit. Well.....now I do. I wore my size 12 Gap jeans and had to tighten my belt quite a bit!!

Yay!!
Congratulations soon2BMrsT. Are they too big?? Maybe it's time to try a 10??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyt1169 View Post
Hello. Yesterday was day 1 of the IP for me. I am very excited about this diet. I do have a question or 2, hopefully someone can help me.

My phase 1 sheet says that in order to have a maximum loss, the bars should be avoided during the first 2 weeks. I did have a bar yesterday and really liked it. It helped me get through the afternoon. Has anyone eaten the bars in the first 2 weeks and did it affect your loss?

Thanks for any info!
Molly=Welcome and good luck with IP. My IP doc limited me to 1 restricted a day from day one. I could always have them right from the beginning. Week 2 I went to Napa Valley for a week with my husband. The IP doc didn't recommend I do this diet on a vacation but I was motivated and determined. I couldn't carry a week's worth of vanilla boxed drinks so I brought the cereal for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a packaged yogurt drink for the evening. I ate those 3 things each day. Week one I lost 10 lbs and week 2, 4 lbs. A month or so later, I decided to give up all restricteds but in the beginning, they kept me on the diet for an entire week of watching my DH drink wine & eat wonderful food.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-31-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:53 AM   #453  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Big deals!

NOVAK has 2s! Carla has Medium Suit Jackets and 8s! Lilblackdress has room to wiggle in what was too small! Ellie is smaller than her goal! And there are so many more victories here! I just want to say that I am so proud of all of you. You're all an inspiration, even those that I didn't list here (I'm short on time) it's amazing. Keep up the great work.

I have to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a job interview. I have a good job, I've been in my position for 8 years. This interview is within the same company, but in IT. It is more money and bit up the ladder (well it's not an hourly position, it's a merit position, so it's sort of the bottom rung on a new ladder). SO out of 700 candidates, I made the final cut for an interview. I must look my best.

Thank goodness I started IP when I did. Now if I'd only started a month earlier when I first heard about it, but hey, no looking back. I'm down 44.75 and that will help me to look better then I would have! This guy that I would work for looks like he should be on the cover of the GQ everyday. Not that he's the most handsome, there are more handsome men, but he is dressed impeccably every single day. Hair, clothes, shoes etc. ACTUALLY I think he is mentioned in DR. Adkins book!!!! I just remembered when I first started working there there was a congratulatory email that went out because his story was in there - Jef Gray. I know some of you have probably read that book! (or Carla/Bev will research this and we get the scoop LOL)!!! So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday!

Last edited by Kelsey; 07-31-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!!

I am back from 3 wonderful weeks in Germany visiting DH's relatives, they treated us like royalty and of course all those yummy home cooked German delicacies. I was soooo good the 1st week, but then I just had to try some dishes!!! AND the result was I gained (my first since starting IP in April) 4lbs .

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!
Wonderful job to everyone else, now that I am home today I get back on plan and hopeful drop those 4 extra lbs!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #455  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
But...but....it seems to me you STILL don't have jeans that fit. Those sound way too baggy on you--time for some retail therapy!
I like the way you think.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
GOOD JOB! You must have been so excited to go in wearing jeans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia;3413185

Congratulations [B
soon2BMrsT[/B]. Are they too big?? Maybe it's time to try a 10??
Size 10?!?! I don't know if I'm ready to handle a size 10...or the mental process of possibly not fitting into them yet. I'll wait until I can shimmy my size 12's off.....then I'll try the 10.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Headed to a good friend's wedding shower today. Goal numero uno: stay away from the cake.

Full report to follow.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #457  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I have to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a job interview. I have a good job, I've been in my position for 8 years. This interview is within the same company, but in IT. It is more money and bit up the ladder (well it's not an hourly position, it's a merit position, so it's sort of the bottom rung on a new ladder). SO out of 700 candidates, I made the final cut for an interview. I must look my best.

So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday!
That's absolutely fantastic!! And I know you'll knock 'em dead with your stylish (not to mention SMALLER) new duds!

You GO girl!!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #458  

Quote:
NOVAK has 2s! Carla has Medium Suit Jackets and 8s! Lilblackdress has room to wiggle in what was too small! Ellie is smaller than her goal! And there are so many more victories here! I just want to say that I am so proud of all of you. You're all an inspiration, even those that I didn't list here (I'm short on time) it's amazing. Keep up the great work.

Thank goodness I started IP when I did. Now if I'd only started a month earlier when I first heard about it, but hey, no looking back. I'm down 44.75 and that will help me to look better then I would have! This guy that I would work for looks like he should be on the cover of the GQ everyday. Not that he's the most handsome, there are more handsome men, but he is dressed impeccably every single day. Hair, clothes, shoes etc. ACTUALLY I think he is mentioned in DR. Adkins book!!!! I just remembered when I first started working there there was a congratulatory email that went out because his story was in there - Jef Gray. I know some of you have probably read that book! (or Carla/Bev will research this and we get the scoop LOL)!!! So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday!
Congrats on making the cut, Kelsey! Enjoy shopping for an awesome outfit to dress for success! It really is amazing how much better you feel when your clothes fit properly and you know that you look good.

My favourite go-to colour for job interviews or other career-related events is red. It projects strength, power and confidence...qualities that we all want to exude! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 07-31-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #459  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Congrats to all you who are down so far in sizes! And Kelsey, good luck with the interview!

I had a dream that I cheated and had a bite of a hamburger (with bun) last night, and I was so upset with myself . . . . . . It was wonderful waking up this morning and realizing that it wasn't real. Hahaha!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #460  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
wow novak, that surely is a transformation if i've ever seen one!!
No kidding... from "beast" to "best"

Now I need to get my mind away from "how did I ever let myself get into that horrifying condition?" and focus on "girl, you're lookin' good..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Thinking of Calgarygirlie (Samantha) and sending my thoughts and prayers to her and her family.
xoxox
I think of her often, as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Headed to a good friend's wedding shower today. Goal numero uno: stay away from the cake.

Full report to follow.
Be strong
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #461  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Kelsey, have a blast shopping. It is actually fun again. And, my friend, the best of luck in the interview!!! You'll knock 'em dead!!
Wow, all the small sizes!!! A 2!!! Don't think I'll ever see that and for my height that would be awful, but you are an inspiration......
Old 07-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
SO out of 700 candidates, I made the final cut for an interview. I must look my best.

Thank goodness I started IP when I did. Now if I'd only started a month earlier when I first heard about it, but hey, no looking back. I'm down 44.75 and that will help me to look better then I would have! This guy that I would work for looks like he should be on the cover of the GQ everyday. Not that he's the most handsome, there are more handsome men, but he is dressed impeccably every single day. Hair, clothes, shoes etc. ACTUALLY I think he is mentioned in DR. Adkins book!!!! I just remembered when I first started working there there was a congratulatory email that went out because his story was in there - Jef Gray. I know some of you have probably read that book! (or Carla/Bev will research this and we get the scoop LOL)!!! So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday![/COLOR]
Congrats on making the final cut out of so many interviewees! Is this your Jef Gray? http://www.google.com/profiles/drjef65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I am back from 3 wonderful weeks in Germany visiting DH's relatives, they treated us like royalty and of course all those yummy home cooked German delicacies. I was soooo good the 1st week, but then I just had to try some dishes!!! AND the result was I gained (my first since starting IP in April) 4lbs .

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!
Wonderful job to everyone else, now that I am home today I get back on plan and hopeful drop those 4 extra lbs!!!
Wow! You only gained 4 pounds in 3 weeks in Germany? You'll get that off in no time!

Last edited by BevS; 07-31-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #463  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
No kidding... from "beast" to "best"

Now I need to get my mind away from "how did I ever let myself get into that horrifying condition?" and focus on "girl, you're lookin' good..."
Girl do I know that one!

I did it to myself TWICE! but I know it was stress that did it, and not because it made me eat more or anything, but because it made my body all out of whack and hormones insane... so I try to remember "serenity now" LOL

Meditation is a wonderful thing and I should have never stopped doing it!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning,

Tomorrow will be the big challenge. First I have to go through two gruelling interviews. Please keep me in your thoughts. I hope I can make it!
Have a wonderful day!
[B]TLE1103[/B] Good luck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I travel on bike at MCM, and yes... I know what I'd want to hear if it was me! I'm not the, "you're almost there!" cheerleader. We cheer for the Dis marathoners in EPCOT, and you can pretty much figure out from a person's face what encouragement they need. My brother is usually holding a beer and tells people there's beer at the finish. But he also speaks Japanese and calls out to the many Japanese runners on the course... including those doing the Goofy Challenge (half on Saturday, full on Sunday.) Anyway, I'd be happy to cheer you on... through the diet and the race!
Novak: Thanks, I can always use someone cheering me on. And if it's in a foreign language, I can always pretend to understand and assume it's a positive, encouraging remark.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #465  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Meditation is a wonderful thing and I should have never stopped doing it!
Ditto that.
Closed Thread