Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein - Gluten Free?

Are the protein drinks and bars gluten free? I have Celiac and have been gluten free for 14 years. I called the manufacturer and left a message but have not received a return call. Thanks in advance for any informaton.
SkiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

SkiGirl I remember someone asking this question at the Ideal Protein informational meeting I attended. The speaker replied that there were a lot of things that were gluten free. I would think the obvious things like the crepes, muffins, etc. would not be. If you send an email to [email protected] they should get back to you within a couple of days.

Good luck!
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiGirl View Post
Are the protein drinks and bars gluten free? I have Celiac and have been gluten free for 14 years. I called the manufacturer and left a message but have not received a return call. Thanks in advance for any informaton.
If I could figure out how to attach a file I'd send you the sheet that tells you what is gluten free. Essentially it's all the drinks that you mix; raspberry jelly; the three soups; and all the puddings.

Last edited by Linden; 07-25-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #4  

Thank you. We're going to an informational meeting this week - my DH needs to lose 30 +/- pounds - my issue is different - I have very high cholesterol - I weigh 127 or 128 and am 5'3" but have sky high cholesterol
(291 the first time I had it done)...when my weight is below 120, cholesterol is below 200. BUT...as minor as the weight loss is, I don't seem to be able to keep it low enough. I'm opposed to statins so if DH is does this program, I thought I could jump into a modified version but I am gluten free.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #5  

Quote:
Here's an information sheet on packet nutrients, including which ones are gluten free
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3162766-post5.html
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #6  

Thank you so much! Looks like there are several that will be fine - when traveling (or starving)! I like to have gluten free bars on hand.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Thank you. We're going to an informational meeting this week - my DH needs to lose 30 +/- pounds - my issue is different - I have very high cholesterol - I weigh 127 or 128 and am 5'3" but have sky high cholesterol
(291 the first time I had it done)...when my weight is below 120, cholesterol is below 200. BUT...as minor as the weight loss is, I don't seem to be able to keep it low enough. I'm opposed to statins so if DH is does this program, I thought I could jump into a modified version but I am gluten free.

HI SkiGirl,

Have you ever had your thyroid levels thoroughly checked (including thyroid antibodies)? Cholesterol and thyroid levels can go hand in hand with some people. Just a thought if there's no prior history of heart disease/problems to contribute/explain the high cholesterol levels to. Good luck!
makeitmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
HI SkiGirl,

Have you ever had your thyroid levels thoroughly checked (including thyroid antibodies)? Cholesterol and thyroid levels can go hand in hand with some people. Just a thought if there's no prior history of heart disease/problems to contribute/explain the high cholesterol levels to. Good luck!
I second this. I had the same issue with thyroid and cholesterol. I hear that T4 levels are not always checked in blood work, but that's a better indicator that just having the T3's checked.

Also, I was having some thyroid symptoms along with high cholesterol, even tho my T4 was at the lower end of normal, my doctor reviewed my history over the last several years and my levels had been steadily dropping, my cholesterol steadily rising and my weight steadily increasing. This was no coincidence.

I am also opposed to statins and decided to give my diet an overhaul in a last effort to avoid them, thus started IP. My cholesterol has dropped 30 points so far. I have more blood work in September, so we'll see!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
HI SkiGirl,

I don't have a history of heart disease or any other health issue (except celiac) and no, I have not had my thyroid checked. I'm due for another blood test this month but I was going to postpone until I see if I can drop 10 pounds. I feel great but guess that's not always an indicator of thyroid! Thanks, I will mention this when I go.