Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
And I'm down for the hugs massages and laughing, but I don't have sex (I have that single girl swag) I'm terrified of children, I'm even more terrified of animals, and the exercise?
Well it was a list of options, not a new set of commandments! Glad there are a few that work for you.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #17  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
just had to say KUDDOS for your abstinence! So many young girls today won't follow your example. Proud of you!!!!

ok now, carry on LOL

PS, we ALL suck it in girl...actually if we did it constantly (and not just for pics) it would help our posture and our abs!
Well thanks. I mean, I haven't always been abstinent, and I did live with my boyfriend. I moved in when we got engaged, and we broke off the engagement, but stayed living together, now we're broken up, so I'm moving. But I feel like it's something that's important to do. I'm worth working for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Well it was a list of options, not a new set of commandments! Glad there are a few that work for you.
Haha, my comandments:
1) stick to protocol

That is all.
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Erm...it is legal right? Hahaha

Thanks for the tip
the 5-htp is legal....now how I learned about it on the other hands not so much..

and no problem!
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #19  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Default It gets better!

Quote:
Yesterday was W-I #3 for me. I lost 6 lbs and 8 inches, my best week yet.
But for some reason, I just want to cry. I feel like I'm not losing enough, or like I can't tell.
On top of that I'm am beyond stressed and it makes me cranky and annoyed at everything. I think I'm doing so well on the diet because right now, it's the only thing I can control. But I feel like everything else is spinning out of control.
My accountability partner, Lisa, snapped some things into perspective for me this morning, which helped a lot, but I'm still feeling down and out
I don't know whats wrong. I just hate feeling like this.
When I first started the diet, my weight lose was different every week and I was frustrated because I wouldn't know what to expect. Eventually it has leveled out (I started April 20 - three months). It is the unknown that is so scarey for us. The numbers are what they are and when we follow the protacol they will keep moving down. If they don't move one week, the next week will be great. Journaling helps me stay on track and helps me figure out what is "eating me". Sometimes I am just angry because I have to do this just to get healthy. One Day at a Time
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 239/176/145

Height: 5'7"

Taylormayde
You seem to have had great success so far and I think it is completely the best thing that you have done to reach out for support. That is what we all have come here for. The success you have had with the weight loss will catch up with your head gradually. This is such a process but in the long run, we have to work through some stuff that got us to this diet. I have had some similar days when I would cry and not even know why. Sometimes I would stay through and not get off track, but sometimes I give in. That is what I still have to learn to deal with; I don't need to use food to comfort those bad feelings. I don't always reach out for help and that has been my downfall. You are on the right track. Hang in there. 6 pounds in a week is awesome.
Everyone has offered some great advice to hold on to. I know that even though we aren't supposed to do a lot of hard exercise, that is the best thing for me when I start feeling that way. Then I just have an extra protein so that I don't deplete my body and feel worse. Even a 10 minute walk to clear your head can help

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot of hard stuff with a break up. My daughter went through breaking an engagement and I know how tough that can be on your head and emotions. You are such a beautiful young lady and have a lot of good times ahead of you.
lkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #21  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

NO ONE PANIC!!!

Last night a French-Canadian boy said I was a BOMB, and that he wants to take me out ...but he said it in French

Now if I only I weren't 1,500 miles away

That just made my day a whole lot better. Uh huhhhhh

Last edited by TaylorMayde; 07-22-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #22  

Quote:
NO ONE PANIC!!!

Last night a French-Canadian boy said I was a BOMB, and that he wants to take me out ...but he said it in French

Now if I only I weren't 1,500 miles away

That just made my day a whole lot better. Uh huhhhhh

I'm going in a Road Trip to US next week, maybe I can bring him in my luggage for you ? I promise I'll give him food and water so when he arrive to you, he'll be top shape ! He's tall so I don't know if he'll fit inside the back of my car, but hey I'll try to make some space just for you
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 303/273/175?

Height: 5'8

Taylor - Glad you are feeling better, that is great !

jlewis88 - Thanks for the idea of 5-HTP, never heard of it but will check it out. Also as a guy, are you liking IDP ? My husband, who is a big guy (6'4 - 300+) is thinking about doing it. But my coach says no allowance for calories and products are made for men versus women. I think he would be hungry alot ??

lcw32 - Glad someone else had heard of PNP and thought it made alot of sense. I have about 70 lbs left to lose, but after that not sure if the PNP eating plan would work for me or not. What do you think ? Think it would cause me to gain weight back, because after all my hard work would hate for that to happen. Hmmmm ??
ksunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #24  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I'm going in a Road Trip to US next week, maybe I can bring him in my luggage for you ? I promise I'll give him food and water so when he arrive to you, he'll be top shape ! He's tall so I don't know if he'll fit inside the back of my car, but hey I'll try to make some space just for you
Please do
And he's tall?? This just keeps getting better
Old 07-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #25  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Novak,

I just re-visited your non-glasses moment, sorta. Has anyone ever made a luscious 16-oz morning cappuccino and coffee breakfast with mushroom soup?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Yesterday was W-I #3 for me. I lost 6 lbs and 8 inches, my best week yet.
But for some reason, I just want to cry. I feel like I'm not losing enough, or like I can't tell.
On top of that I'm am beyond stressed and it makes me cranky and annoyed at everything. I think I'm doing so well on the diet because right now, it's the only thing I can control. But I feel like everything else is spinning out of control.
My accountability partner, Lisa, snapped some things into perspective for me this morning, which helped a lot, but I'm still feeling down and out
I don't know whats wrong. I just hate feeling like this.
GIRL YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC. YOU GIVE ME MOTIVATION ON A DAILY BASIS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU WORK RIGHT BEHIND ME. HANG IN THERE, THIS TOO SHALL PASS
TAB3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksunflower View Post
jlewis88 - Thanks for the idea of 5-HTP, never heard of it but will check it out. Also as a guy, are you liking IDP ? My husband, who is a big guy (6'4 - 300+) is thinking about doing it. But my coach says no allowance for calories and products are made for men versus women. I think he would be hungry alot ??
I was hungry the first 3 days and had 4 packets. After that I've been sticking with 3 packets a day and haven't been hungry. I have cheated a couple times "popcorn, couple bit size candies"....and that made my stomach grumble a few times but other than that I haven't had any issues. I do however have an office job for 9 hours a day but even in the evening and weekend when I'm more active I haven't felt hungry. I'm one of those people that warm weather and physical activities are kind of an appetite suppressant for me. So exercising and being active has kept me from thinking about food or being hungry. I have my 7th weigh in tomorrow and if my scale at home matches up with the one at my clinic I will be down 40lbs. I would say its worth a try because it does work but everyone's food cravings and needs are different so if he can adjust it to make it work for him I'd say go for it. Maybe start off with alternative products to see if it works before spending a large amount of money and finding out its not something he can do.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 303/273/175?

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I was hungry the first 3 days and had 4 packets. After that I've been sticking with 3 packets a day and haven't been hungry. I have cheated a couple times "popcorn, couple bit size candies"....and that made my stomach grumble a few times but other than that I haven't had any issues. I do however have an office job for 9 hours a day but even in the evening and weekend when I'm more active I haven't felt hungry. I'm one of those people that warm weather and physical activities are kind of an appetite suppressant for me. So exercising and being active has kept me from thinking about food or being hungry. I have my 7th weigh in tomorrow and if my scale at home matches up with the one at my clinic I will be down 40lbs. I would say its worth a try because it does work but everyone's food cravings and needs are different so if he can adjust it to make it work for him I'd say go for it. Maybe start off with alternative products to see if it works before spending a large amount of money and finding out its not something he can do.
jlewis88 - Thanks SO much for the information. My husband has an office job too, so I think your situation would be similar to his. CONGRATS on the weight loss !! Wow, 40 lbs in 7 weeks is awesome !! I'm very happy the program is working so well for you.

Taylor - My coach called me yesterday and said that she talked to her IDP area supervisor and a doctor she is under and they both said that as fat deposits break up and are released into the body, hormones are released as well. So it is probably the effect of all these extra hormones floating around, I could try adding an extra packet and see if that helped. They also suggested that if the condition persists that I see my doctor and have my thyroid and hormone levels checked. I personally think its a combination of low levels of "feel good" chemicals (seretonin, etc) and too many female hormones floating around. I do feel much better now, so I have a feeling that it might be something that comes and goes. I'm also going to check into the HTP-5 that jlewis88 mentioned.
ksunflower is offline   Reply With Quote