IP Weekly Chat July 19th-25th

You're on Page 30 of 30
Go to
  • I survived the weekend without a single cheat.

    Friday I attended dinner at a mexican food restaurant. My usual is Enchiladas Supremas, you get 4 enchiladas (cheese, bean, beef, and chicken), and I would get a side of guacamole. Instead I had a salad (lettuce and tomato only) and I used the hot sauce as my dressing.

    Saturday, I took my bag of lettuce and a pudding packet with me. I was surrounded my jalapeno poppers, Santa Fe Soup (more of a hearty cheese dip), Brisket, Ham, Turkey, Potato Salad, Spanish Rice, Pinto Beans, and Wedding cake.

    I've worked too hard and spent too much money to blow it on a weekend. I was at 191 Friday morn., this morn. I was at 188.6; my reward for not cheating.
  • Thanks for the info 6710 and you are doing really well... wow lots of temptations for you! weekends are the hardest for me...
  • Quote: Thanks for the info 6710 and you are doing really well... wow lots of temptations for you! weekends are the hardest for me...
    I second that.
  • Quote: I survived the weekend without a single cheat.

    Friday I attended dinner at a mexican food restaurant. My usual is Enchiladas Supremas, you get 4 enchiladas (cheese, bean, beef, and chicken), and I would get a side of guacamole. Instead I had a salad (lettuce and tomato only) and I used the hot sauce as my dressing.

    Saturday, I took my bag of lettuce and a pudding packet with me. I was surrounded my jalapeno poppers, Santa Fe Soup (more of a hearty cheese dip), Brisket, Ham, Turkey, Potato Salad, Spanish Rice, Pinto Beans, and Wedding cake.

    I've worked too hard and spent too much money to blow it on a weekend. I was at 191 Friday morn., this morn. I was at 188.6; my reward for not cheating.
    Way to go. $$$ and changing clothing sizes help me
  • Quote: Thanks for the info 6710 and you are doing really well... wow lots of temptations for you! weekends are the hardest for me...
    Quote: I second that.
    Thank you for the encouragement.
  • don't remember where and who but I read somewhere that someone said to have a protein shake etc 30 mins or an hour before working out. I say NO, have it after. Before, you are going to have some tummy ache. I always have some of my vegies of the day about 2 hours before, that gives me the carb load to be able to work out. Within an hour after working out, I have a protein shake (I add some glucosamine in there too)...that has really helped my body from not being in pain after.
  • Ok so another NSV, had a company bbq today with all the fixens, cake ice cream ....I dont need to go in any more detail it was bad, I was worried about it so I packed my own food, turns out I didnt need too, I had a burger with no bun or sauce, and there was veggies and water so I was set. I even had a waffle cone chocolate carmel cup ice cream dangeled in front of my face (DH and I wasnt thinking darling husband at the time more like d**k h**d) sorry for the profanity but as he waved it in front of me he said "oh what you on a diet?" He was lucky I didnt go low carb brain rambo on his a**, he is usually very supportive, guess he just felt like being a jerk. I walked away and had my water, before I probably would have stolen the cone and ran like the wind found a place and ate it as he hurt my feelings, but its not worth it, cause then I get mad at myself for cheating and I wasnt the one being mean. I also would have cheated all night instead I went for a work out, yaaahhhh mmeee
  • Quote: Ok so another NSV, had a company bbq today with all the fixens, cake ice cream ....I dont need to go in any more detail it was bad, I was worried about it so I packed my own food, turns out I didnt need too, I had a burger with no bun or sauce, and there was veggies and water so I was set. I even had a waffle cone chocolate carmel cup ice cream dangeled in front of my face (DH and I wasnt thinking darling husband at the time more like d**k h**d) sorry for the profanity but as he waved it in front of me he said "oh what you on a diet?" He was lucky I didnt go low carb brain rambo on his a**, he is usually very supportive, guess he just felt like being a jerk. I walked away and had my water, before I probably would have stolen the cone and ran like the wind found a place and ate it as he hurt my feelings, but its not worth it, cause then I get mad at myself for cheating and I wasnt the one being mean. I also would have cheated all night instead I went for a work out, yaaahhhh mmeee
    I hope he apologized afterwards. Way to face temptations head on and not cave!!! Congrats!
  • An NSV I think
    Still the 25th here so I thought I'd get in under the wire.

    Visiting company insisted on having local food for lunch. What's worse, they wanted the preeminent local food: The Loco Moco. Invented in Hilo and eaten in every fast, and not so fast, food joint on the windward side of the island, and pretty much everywhere else in Hawai'i.

    What, you ask, innocently, is a loco moco? Dear L--d, I hope you're ready for this.

    2 scoops of rice (standard "Island" fare)
    2 guaranteed-to-be greasy hamburger patties
    covered in thick, salty, dark brown gravy. And, the piece de resistance,
    2 soft boiled eggs on top. More salt and pepper optional.

    Gag me with a spoon! The good news? They couldn't eat it. More accurately, they couldn't eat it all.

    Check it out. http://maona.net/archives/2007/06/do..._loco_moco.php
  • Goof grief to the loco moco! Heart attack on a plate! It's worse than our Quebecois "poutine" which is fries, cheese curds and gravy with variations!

    Time to start a new thread, Chickies.

    By the way, I read most of this thread although I'm on South Beach. IP intrigues me because I really believe in lower carbs.