3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   How much to you *feel* you've lost? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/207458-how-much-you-%2Afeel%2A-youve-lost.html)

sgorny 07-18-2010 01:22 PM

How much to you *feel* you've lost?

I was talking to my husband the other day about how fun it was to have people going on about my weight loss. But I realized that *I* really don't feel like I've lost as much as I have.

I mean, if I didn't have a scale, and I wore mumu's, I'd guess that I've lost maybe 25 pounds? I mean, I feel lighter, and it's easier to cross my legs, and going up the stairs is easier (I've been exercising, too). But do I feel like I've lost 46 pounds? No. My mental image of myself is bigger than I am, but then again, when I was heavy, it was always smaller than I was.

How do you guys feel?

shrinkingsusie 07-18-2010 03:00 PM

I feel the same way! I didn't think that I was as big as I was, and now sometimes I feel like I'm not really losing anything, even though the number on the scale is going down... But then people see me and say they notice a big difference... maybe because I live in my body everyday?!

mthrgoos68 07-18-2010 03:11 PM

I feel the same!! I see the same "ME", no matter what the scale says. I really don't think I had any true perception of my size when I was at my highest weight. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. If I really looked in the mirror and saw what everyone else saw, maybe I wouldn't have let it get so out of control, but I don't know. And still now, when I look in the mirror, I honestly still just see me. Not a "Fat Me" or a "Skinny Me", just "Me".

BrittStar027 07-18-2010 06:05 PM

I totally know what you guys are saying! I never realized how big i was and always considered myself average (whatever that is). There are days i feel huge regardless of what the scale says. I have lost almost 28lbs, but i feel like i only notice it a little. It feels like i've maybe only lost 10lbs. Why is this? I'm beginning to wonder what it's going to feel like when i'm at my goal weight...

Novak 07-18-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 3392654)
I totally know what you guys are saying! I never realized how big i was and always considered myself average (whatever that is). There are days i feel huge regardless of what the scale says. I have lost almost 28lbs, but i feel like i only notice it a little. It feels like i've maybe only lost 10lbs. Why is this? I'm beginning to wonder what it's going to feel like when i'm at my goal weight...

It will all catch up with you at the end. Really. People said to me, "I don't know what you've done this past month, but you look incredible!" In reality, it took me nearly 4 months to lose 50 pounds... then I dropped 6-7 more after the weight loss phases. But that last month was just crazy. No surprise that so many people wondered if I'd been seriously ill... as far as they were concerned, my loss happened very quickly. I knew I'd lost a significant amount of weight earlier in the diet, but for quite some time I was still able to wear a lot of my old "fat" clothes. It all changed rapidly at the end, and the result was stunning. Don't know what other people have experienced at the end, but my sister is having the same experience as she enters Phase 3. Weird, but wonderful.

Novak 09-02-2010 09:55 AM

Bump! (for Makita524)

Journeysend 09-02-2010 10:17 AM

Tape Measure--inspirational!!

Hi Chicks

Yes I felt the same as all of you until yesterday when my daughter and I started to fool around with the measuring tape. We measured each other AND THEN let the tape go out to our starting measurements!!! WHAT AN EYE OPENER!! I have lost 9.5 inches off my waist and until we did that I really hadn't been able to SEE how much I had lost!! It is amazing!!

Please try this....It will make you feel soooo much better and has given me more incentive to stick to protocol and get to my goal!! :hug::hug:

salesgod 09-02-2010 11:21 AM

When you've lost as much as I have you see it and feel it all of the time, in interesting little ways, from getting in and out of a car, to climbing stairs, to trying on a shirt or some pants that you're sure won't fit you, and they do, to seeing yourself in the mirror and wondering who's looking back at you.

I realize that I've lost more than most of you even needed to, but I notice how different I've become several times a day. :)

SiJe 09-02-2010 03:14 PM

I also feel the same. It definitely goes hand in hand while my irrational fear of being thin. I feel it in my clothes, but the persona of "fat girl" is still there.

hunter2 09-02-2010 05:10 PM

I am almost to goal and I still don't feel small. When I look in the mirror I still see the fat me. I am hoping that that will change with time.

showgirlaz 09-02-2010 06:29 PM

I've lost about 90 pounds but, I don't see it except in photos. I kind of feel it in the way I move. Every so often I will realize I can sit or bend into a position that I would never have been possible to get into before.

Novak 09-02-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3464842)
Every so often I will realize I can sit or bend into a position that I would never have been possible to get into before.

I think the fact that you tried to take a picture of your butt and ended up with a new avatar photo of your face speaks volumes...

I'm svelting! 09-02-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3464908)
I think the fact that you tried to take a picture of your butt and ended up with a new avatar photo of your face speaks volumes...

Oh, Novak. I'm shaking with the giggles at this one.

JessicaCourez 09-03-2010 12:00 AM

I know exactly how you all feel -- it hasn't caught up with me yet mentally, either. The other night (you may have seen my excited NSV) when my husband told me to try on his jeans (mine were all fat jeans and had gone the way of Salvation Army) because I needed some to go to a concert in -- I told him there was no way his jeans would fit me....not only did they fit, they looked GREAT on me. I can't remember ever looking good in jeans. He's skinny, never had to lose weight or really try...it felt great, but I couldn't mentally believe that they would fit me. I'm still a little in shock.

spatime 09-03-2010 01:20 AM

Funny how we all feel the same, only when I saw pictures did I see myself so huge, now people call me skinny and I look at them like they are crazy. I am a far cry from skinny, maybe it is the word, but it just does not fit!