Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Default just started today....

Ok I have had my stuff for a while and decided today was as good as any to start. I had the IP cheese omelet. It wasn't terrible but I couldn't even eat the whole thing... should I be forcing down all of it? I had some pudding for lunch... not bad. I ate some veggies but not any salad with it... am I starting off on a bad foot here? Must you have salad at both lunch and supper? ... I am gonna make a stir fry for supper... and then the jello for a snack..
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

I do not eat the lettuce most days and it hasn't effected my weight loss any. I ask my coach about this and she said that it was good filler if I felt like I needed it but I did not have to have it. I was the type of person that forgot to eat before I started this program (I just ate junk when I ate) so sometimes I really just don't want the extra lettuce. Make sure you get all your packets and veggies in. They will help with digestion and help you to not go into starvation mode.

Hope that helps some. I've been on IP for 6 weeks and am down 35 pounds.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #3  

thanks that really helps me! The focus was "Do EXACTLY what I tell you" but that is just too much lettuce in a day for me. Wow you are doing really well for 6 weeks.... I have 6 weeks before I go back to work and being that much lighter would WOW them like crazy! Nice to meet ya! Keep up your great work!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Ok I have had my stuff for a while and decided today was as good as any to start. I had the IP cheese omelet. It wasn't terrible but I couldn't even eat the whole thing... should I be forcing down all of it? I had some pudding for lunch... not bad. I ate some veggies but not any salad with it... am I starting off on a bad foot here? Must you have salad at both lunch and supper? ... I am gonna make a stir fry for supper... and then the jello for a snack..
Welcome!

I also skipped the lettuce with some frequency, and seemed to do just fine without it. I had a day or two the first week when I had to push myself to eat a whole dinner, but that went away pretty quickly.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
The way it was explained by my coach was that eating all the veggies was very important because it keeps your gastric processes working correctly, in particular your lower intestine - I think you see where I'm going with this...

As for the salad, I don't eat it every day. Sometimes I'll have it for several meals and then think I'll be ill if I see another piece of lettuce. Rather, I try to sneak it in as a filler here and there. I will put a little mustard on a dill pickle and wrap in in a piece of lettuce for a snack, that kind of thing. Also, I will sometimes make my regular meal at dinner into a large salad that includes my protein. The important thing is the 4 cups of veggies.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #6  

pheww... i just know for myself I can't eat lettuce twice a day! the veggies is doable...
I feel like I am constantly eating or preparing something to eat... sheesh...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #7  

I agree with the others - it's ok to skip the lettuce if you don't want or need it to fill you up. When I have to eat out at a restaurant, I will usually order a grilled chicken caesar salad (no dressing, bacon, croutons or cheese) and then add 1 cup of baby spinach and 1 cup of cut cucumbers from home, as well as my own dressing (WF ranch or homemade italian).
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #8  

Day 3- I have no appetite! I am having a hard time eating the IP packages... do I eat what I can or do I suck it up and just force the stuff down?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #9  

Quote:
Day 3- I have no appetite! I am having a hard time eating the IP packages... do I eat what I can or do I suck it up and just force the stuff down?
Yep - force it down! One thing I've always done, no matter what, is have all 3 IP packets and 1 regular protein per day. I've sometimes skimped on the 4 cups of veggies though and it didn't seem to hurt. When I'm in a less hungry mood I have a drink or a shake rather than a "food." Hang in there!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #10  

Thanks... that is exactly what I needed to hear. I tossed the soup and had a pudding. Some days I have more veggies than other days so I am glad other people are doing that also. I can see myself having more liquids rather than some of the food items.... I am still working through and it is just day 3 AHHH.... I know I can do this!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/176/145

Height: 5'7"

I can't do all of the veggies and salad either. I usually eat one or the other. I kind of go through phases where I really like to eat salad and less veggies or just veggies and get sick of the salad. I think they suggest that so that you don't get hungry and like others have said, so that things keep flowing.
lkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #12  

Day 4 - I seem to have a lingering headache... And I find I don't have as much energy to do the excerise I did before I started this.. Hmm the do say not to exercise and I can feel why...seems very odd not to excercise while on a diet though...Things seem to be going not so bad otherwise. I'm still on mt trial pkg and I'm truthfully gagging some of the products down to find the ones I like.. Errrr that's a bit frustrating. Hope everyone else is stating on track!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #13  

Hey sillyputty, sorry to hear that there are some packets you don't like. At least you know which ones and you don't have to try them again!

Why don't you join everyone in the weekly chat thread? Your comments and questions will be answered quickly there and will be easier to find for people who join in the coming weeks.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Day 4 - I seem to have a lingering headache... !
Your coach probably already told you this, but it bears repeating:

"Usually a 1/3 of a teaspoonful of sea-salt in 8 ozs. of water will alleviate a headache within 15 minutes. Note: If you experience headaches later in the protocol, it is simply a sign of dehydration, increase your water intake and the headache should pass."
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #15  

Thanks ladies... I've joined the chat thread-see you there!